BY ALLEGIANT TRAVEL

• Why is this airline so cheap? Are there add on or fees as...16 Answers
  • Is there a fee for checked bags?20 Answers
Christopher B.
Provo
I’ve flown twice with allegiant. The first time was rough. We got to la with no problems, then on the way home the flight kept getting delayed 30 minutes. Finally at the end of the second day of waiting, we booked a flight through a different company. Allegiant refuses to give us information throughout the experience, and it was really difficult to get a refund on the flight that never ended up showing.
The second time I flew with them was much better. No problems on that flight.
The price is cheap. Expect cheap service, customer service, and plane quality.
Lauren A.
Bicknell, IN
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
With all the options for air travel these days, how do we choose? Allegiant is offering the most bang for our buck, so to speak. I loved my experience with them, but I would caution everyone to plan extra time, especially if the airport has a separate terminal for their Allegiant customers. If you don’t need all the extras and prefer a cheaper fare, trust your hard-earned dollars to Allegiant. I’m so glad I did. I don’t travel for the snacks (they’re extra $ but available if you want them) and I didn’t have a lot of extra money to spend so I didn’t have a problem traveling to a separate terminal by shuttle (and saving over $200 on a date)!

Don’t forget to figure in the cost of your luggage (I took a carry-on and paid $15 for that privilege—still cheaper that flying more popular airlines). Highly recommend!
Tracy G.
Clearwater, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Allegiant is an okay Airline for the price. It will get you there and that is about it. You will need to pay extra for any kind of either carry-on or check baggage that you want. You also have to pay extra for any peanuts or pretzels or soda you wish to have. It is only $5 for a bloody mary though so I recommend that for any of the fights you take, because the truth is without any music or TV or even an actual magazine other than an airline magazine you're not going to have any entertainment either.
Melina M.
Fairfield
We have booked many vacations through Allegheny travel. We book through them twice a year and they are always the best deal that we can find. My only compliant is that the airline itself is very small so there are not regularly scheduled flights going to some places you may be hoping to attend. Customer service had always been very helpful and allegiances is very easy to book through. I have recommended this airline to all of our family members and they love it too
Claudia K.
New Wilmington, PA
I have had very good experiences and also very bad experiences with this airline a pro is I️t is affordable but a con is sometimes there are very long delays i use this airline every year and once we had a 7 hr delay and we were stuck in the airport.. the airline did give us a $50 voucher for another flight with them and a $10 meal ticket but I️t was not a good experience i would recommend this only if you want the cheapest option
Rebecca C.
Danville, KY
We use Allegient for all our travel needs. We fly SDF-IWA often and The prices are amazing, The staff is always helpful in the flight, the planes are on the smaller side, but for the price and travel times, it's definitely worth it! We have never had an issue. My children 15 and 11 flew recently by themselves and the flight attendants were very accommodating. We will definitely continue to use Allegient for all our flights.
Andrea E.
Albuquerque
Best airline I’ve ever flown with! They have UNBEATABLE prices. Since the airline is small and only flies two days a week it is limited, but I’ve flown to California from Albuquerque for only $43 so. Yeah. Unbeatable. Now it does have a few extra charges if you’re taking a carry-on or luggage and if you want to pick your seat but honestly I still love it just as much.
Megan F.
Flying for the first time this past summer I flew Allegiant from Cincinnati to Punta Gorda. I was very pleased with the flight: the plane was clean, the bathroom was clean, the flight staff was nice and helpful for a first time flyer, and it was a direct flight. I didn't pay to choose my seat but lucked out on both flights with a window seat. The cons I have are you have to pay for virtually everything: luggage, picking a seat,and  they don't accept cash for snacks/ drinks. When flying Allegiant if you need additional legroom I'd pay the extra money to choose my seat. All in all for the flight and cost I was highly satisfied and would fly with them again!
Sarah B.
Every time I fly with allegiant, there’s an issue. Whether it’s a delayed flight or a mechanical issue, I’ve never not had a problem. The last time I flew, there was a malfunction with the plane - they kept is sitting on the runway for two hours, deplaned us for another two, then reloaded us back onto the same plane to fly home. Scary!
Samantha H.
Rio Rancho, NM
Amazing prices! ... there are some extra fees if you want to check or carry on a bag, and if you want to pick your seat.. but even after those fees, it’s still a heck of a lot cheaper than other airlines. My boyfriend and I fly back and forth to each other. I haven’t had any issues with delayed flights. He on the other hand always is delayed going home. Sometimes up to 3 hours. That’s really my only gripe. I’ve had to call customer service once to change itinerary details and the lady was very nice and helpful. The crew has also always been very polite and friendly. I just wish that they flew to more cities than just the 2 from where I live. I need more options!
Katelyn F.
Salem, WV
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Are the seats nice?
Melissa R.
Buffalo, NY
Is there a fee for checked bags?
Maddie I.
Has anyone experienced any major problems with this airline since it is so cheap
Ashley C.
Greenwood, IN
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Why is this airline so cheap? Are there add on or fees associated with checking bags or carry on?
Rhonda W.