Allagash Curieux uploaded by Kristen B.

BY ALLAGASH BREWING COMPANY

First brewed back in 2004, Curieux was our first foray into barrel aging. To make Curieux, we take our Tripel and let it age in bourbon barrels for seven weeks. Once that time is up, we take the beer out of our cold cellars and blend it back with a portion of fresh Tripel. The resulting rich, golden ale features smooth notes of coconut, vanilla, and a hint of bourbon.

Availability: Year-round

Awards Won:

• Bronze, World Beer Cup 2008

Stanzi P.
East Calais, VT
I honestly don't drink very much anymore, but I never had any complaints about the Allagash. If I remember right, the Curieux was a little intense for me...(I believe I tried it when doing a tasting at the cafe I used to work at) I definitely liked it, but it's more of a special occasion-drink it out of a small glass type of beer....maybe that's just me...
Brittany H.
Allagash has done a fantastic job with all of their beers, and the Curieaux is no different. This bourbon barrel aged beer is a great take on the Belgian style, pulling caramel and vanilla from the Jim Beam barrels. This beer is almost a dessert, just take it slow, the alcohol content is above the average.
Jennifer V.
San Diego , CA
WOW! Cannot say enough about this guy! It will knock you on your a$$ and take your taste buds for a trip. Just recently had this at a restaurant and cannot wait to order some for the house. Great, unique flavor and strong!
Mallory J.
Sacramento
I love this beer and I appreciate that it’s becoming easier to find in restaurants.  It’s a nice beer to have with a good meal or on its own.  Plus, it’s usually served in a beautiful glass, which makes a nice addition to the overall experience.  In a lot of ways, it drinks like a wine.
Shaylyn C.
Biddeford
Pricey, but delicious! To be honest, I've had it fresh on tap at the brewery, and in the large bottles from the grocery store, and it's always great. Did get a peak at curieux and it damn near blew my mind, so I'll be hunting one down for myself!
Kayla B.
Cypress, CA
The beer is close to 11% in alcohol content but does not overwhelm the taste buds. It goes down incredibly smooth and has a beautiful amber color. You can find it at most alcohol supermarkets such as Total Wine and BevMo.
Samantha J.
W Colls Hgts, NJ
I have had allagash right from Maine where it is brewed and this is by far my favorite. It tastes like nothing else and is very good with dinner. The only downside is that it is very expensive, but that it what makes it sure to be good. I would definitely by agajn
Nikki G.
Litchfield
I found this to be a pretty great ale all around, it's semi sweet and a bit boozy but smooth. I've had it twice now and would buy it again. I prefer nitro beer but the carbonation wasn't bad abc the pour was good.
Yukiko P.
Best beer ever.
Literally my favorite.
If you haven’t tried it try it you won’t regret it.
A little pricey but worth it.
I usually get it at yard house but I heard Costco has it for a great price.
Joanna G.
Los Angeles
This beer is one of my all time favorites! But I must warn you, it is potent! It’s flavor is so unique from the barrel aged bourbon. It’s an must try if you enjoy unique flavors in a beer.
Maria J.
Rua 3A Conj. Joao Sampaio I 63 Maceió
Wine is combined with .. cheese fondue chocolate strawberry pizza dinner for two .. and also a conversation with friends