Allagash Black

by Allagash Brewing Company

Technically, there is no such thing as a traditional Belgian stout, but we went ahead and made one anyway. In creating the beer, we took the aspects we loved in Belgian beers and used them to craft a stout. Allagash Black is brewed with 2-row barley, torrified wheat, oats, roasted barley, chocolate malt, black malt and hopped with Northern Brewer and Glacier. A generous portion of dark caramelized candi sugar produces a hint of raisin in the finished beer. The addition of oats lends Black a silky mouthfeel, which is enhanced by rich flavors of coffee and dark chocolate.

Wine is combined with .. cheese fondue chocolate strawberry pizza dinner for two .. and also a conversation with friends
What percent of alcohol is this?
What is this? Wine?
Start your review of Allagash Black!
How would you rate this product?
Marissa G.
Happy Hour Expert Level 4
It was okay. Not my thing. I prefer moscato white wines, but this probably would be tasty for some.
Tylia F.
Jonesboro, GA
Heard awesome things can't wait to try it. I'm going to try it with my girlfriends.
stephany T.
Azusa, CA
Not my favorite but it wasn't too bad, very popular bit i wouldn't buy again.
Not my favorite but it wasn't too bad, very popular bit i wouldn't buy again.
Cindy L.
One of my favorite brews. Delicious and robust for just savoring or even for cooking! Great bottle, easy to hold, looks shahhp in your hand! Nice and cold or at room temp, definitely recommended. A specialty beer, but findable, and worth seeking if you like a dark solid beer!
Diana I.
Patchogue, NY
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
I love the smoothness of this beer. Not strong but not light. Taste i gave it 7 out of 10. Smooth 8 out of 10.
Melissa G.
Local brewery doing big things. I have enjoyed the allagash black a few times. It's really good, especially for a local beer
Jolene N.
Aiken
I love a beer I feel I can almost chew. I would almost need to do a side by side but I can tell you this beer has a rich creaminess about it that makes you want to hit the slopes.
Melanie L.
North Attleboro
This beer is delicious and has an amazing head. If you can find this on tap, it is definitely worth getting a tall over a small. If buying for yourself, you will find this is specialty stores. I highly recommend.
Katie L.
Cleveland, OH
Purchased at: Giant Eagle
The label on this is super mysterious and interesting as is the flavor of the actual brew. I love a good dark beer and this is definitely at the top of my favorites list
Shaylyn C.
Biddeford, ME
I *love* turning White lovers on to this beer! Silky smooth, and SO delicious, this is the beer that convinced me dark beers might be worth trying! I've used it in stews, it's a great beer to sip on with dessert, and while the White might taste like sunshine, the Black tastes like cozy, cooler nights at home ❤