BY UNKNOWN

Personnel: John Feldmann (vocals, programming); Zak Cervini, Matt Pauling (programming).Recording information: Foxy Studios. Editors: Courtney Ballard; Zak Cervini; Kyle Black; Matt Pauling. Photographers: Alex Gaskarth; Jonathan Weiner; Rian Dawson; Zack Merrick; Jack Barakat. Having returned to their indie label roots with 2012's Don't Panic, All Time Low build upon that album's no-nonsense power pop vibe with their equally infectious 2015 effort Future Hearts. Somewhat more ambitious in scope, with a bit more studio polish than Don't Panic, Future Hearts finds All Time Low moving from one catchy, high-energy track to the next. While they handled production duties quite well on Don't Panic, here they reunite with producer John Feldmann, who previously helmed the group's 2011 Interscope swan song, Dirty Work. Feldmann, who has contributed to works by such varied pop artists as Hilary Duff, Panic! At the Disco, and Avicii, doesn't tinker too much with the group's punk-pop approach, and simply helps the band achieve a slick consistency as they move across styles from driving emo-rock ("Kicking and Screaming") and folkie, mandolin-infused acoustic balladry ("Missing You") to buoyant dance-rock ("Dancing with a Wolf"). The album is also punctuated by several well-curated guest appearances, with blink-182's Mark Hoppus jumping on board for the epic, midtempo anthem "Tidal Waves," and Good Charlotte's Joel Madden lending his So-Cal croon to the punchy and hummable "Bail Me Out." Admittedly, there are fewer hard-rocking moments on Future Hearts, and cuts like the Killers-esque "Runaways" and the passionate, radio-ready "Cinderblock Garden," while rife with distorted electric guitar riffs, find the band counterbalancing the move away from punk rock swagger by leaning heavily on mature songcraft. Of course, it also doesn't hurt that lead singer Alex Gaskarth's paper-crisp, on-point vocals are balanced perfectly in the mix, with almost every track making room for plenty of sparkling harmonies. Ultimately, with Future Hearts see more...

Nicole R.
Staten Island, NY
All time low are my favorite band. This album is okay...definitely a step down from their others. I really like old scars/future hearts. I’ve seen them live 8 times and counting...their older albums are definitely better than their newer stuff. I don’t think I’ll ever stop being a fan though!
Lauren L.
Rainsville, AL
I'm gonna be honest, I wasn't as impressed with this album as I was with other All Time Low albums.

What I didn't like was that this album was more on the pop spectrum of pop-punk, whereas most of their albums released before this one were not.

There are a few great songs on this album-- Missing You, Satellites, and Conderblock Garden.
Emily B.
Thornaby , Stockton
I couldn’t possibly give atl lower than 4 stars because it would feel wrong but this is definitely my least favourite album of theirs. The hype around this release wasn’t my favourite, if you could even call it hype; the fandom just wasn’t as excited for this one as we had been for don’t panic so it was disappointing in that respect and also disappointing in terms of songs. I have a couple favourites, but I think there’s far too many filler songs on this album, the three bonus tracks are better than some of the main songs!
Ejla P.
Sisak
One of my favorite albums from my favorite band. I have been listening to them since high-school and they will always have a special place in my heart