Alien (1979) uploaded by Paige W.

BY 20TH CENTURY FOX

Alien (1979)
  • "Every horror movie fan has seen all the alien movies and who doesn't love a bad ass chick who can stand on her own" in 2 reviews
  • "I first saw this movie when I was wayyyy too young to be watching it and I just loved it even though it used to scare the crap out of me." in 1 review
  • "I'm not a big fan of sci-fi movies, but I could watch this movie over and over." in 1 review
  • "I can't watch this movie at all without hiding under the covers, It gave me nightmares when it first came out and I am still having them." in 1 review
  • "I love seeing a strong female lead and the character Ripley is a true bad-ass." in 1 review
Jennifer J.
Fountain, CO
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Alien and Aliens are my ultimate, most-favorite movies of all time. I would be absolutely embarassed to admit how many times I have watched this movie or any of the alien franchise movies. I am obsessed with all things "Alien" and will eternally be thankful and grateful to have these amazing movies to watch throughout my lifetime. This movie is about a space crew that go to another planet to help out a distressed colony of people that have gone missing (because terrifying aliens with acid for blood and another head for a tongue, have totally cocooned them all in horrific ways; to lay eggs in their bodies so thus to create more of their amazing alien beings). This movie is Science Fiction at its very finest.
Jenna M.
Lewiston, ME
Great sci fi movie. I will watch every movie this franchise puts out forever. Do I think this is the best film in the series? No. Probably Aliens. But definitely watch this and then binge the whole series. If you are a sci fi fan or film fan you will not be disappointed.
Eric S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Beautiful cinematography and incredible visual effects can't save a painfully generic and rather mediocre film. I've watched Alien twice, both times causing me to scratch my head in regards to why it is considered to be a classic.

Yes, the poster is cool, the tag-line is cool, the production design is cool, and Sigourney Weaver is really cool. But the movie just isn't. It's an unoriginal slasher film that takes place on a spaceship.

Unlike Mad Max: Fury Road – which also has a minimalist story – the action in Alien doesn't lead anywhere, it just sort of happens periodically. Overall, it feels like a walk through an overproduced haunted house at a county fair. The sets may be realistic but the scares often fall flat.
Valerie M.
Mc Louth, KS
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Scary as balls. I can't watch this movie at all without hiding under the covers, It gave me nightmares when it first came out and I am still having them. Don't let your kids watch this!
Kim K.
Irving, TX
We love sci-fi movies! You have to remember when this was filmed when watching it because the graphics aren't like they are now. But we've watched all of the Alien films again & again.
Annie H.
Columbus, OH
I first saw this movie when I was wayyyy too young to be watching it and I just loved it even though it used to scare the crap out of me. Now I just love watching it as it is a classic.
Annette L.
South Gate, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Love this scary movie and in my opinion this first Alien movie series is the best. It is very scary and so well made. But, I do also love Aliens 2. Not for kids.
Katie H.
Kingston, PA
This movie is a classic, I definitely recommend it to sci-fi, space, and even horror movie fans. I've seen it several time and it never gets old.
Katie M.
St Petersburg, FL
I'm not a big fan of sci-fi movies, but I could watch this movie over and over. It's not corny in the least. Great acting, effects and storyline.
Jessica L.
West new york, NJ
Alien is a horror classic. Every horror movie fan has seen all the alien movies and who doesn't love a bad ass chick who can stand on her own