Skin CareFacial SkincareFacial SunscreenAlgenist
Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50

Algenist Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50

An ultra-sheer, weightless fluid for everyday protection against broad-spectrum UVA/UVB damage. This fast-absorbing, ultra-lightweight fluid provides daily protection against broad-spectrum UVA/UVB damage. Alguronic Acid combines with antioxidant-rich botanicals and UVA/UVB protecting actives to delay signs of aging caused by sun and environmental stressors. This oil-free, sheer formula has a silky texture and weightless feel, designed to apply smoothly on top of other skincare products and under makeup for a soft, matte finish. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Synthetic Dyes- Phthalates- GMOs- Triclosan Alguronic Acid is a unique and powerful regenerative compound from microalgae. This rare ingredient was discovered unexpectedly by a biotechnology laboratory in San Francisco, CA, focused on researching renewable energy solutions. Algenist is the only line of skincare products to contain the antiaging power of Alguronic Acid. Research results:In comparison testing, Alguronic Acid outperformed other well-known active antiaging ingredients, demonstrating superior antiaging benefits: -54% decrease in UV cell damage -55% increase in cellular regeneration -32% increase in elastin synthesis -26% decrease in melanin production *Average results measures following an in-vitro test with Alguronic Acid.

Does this cause flashback when taking pictures?
Is this good for oily skin?
Is this worth the hefty price tag?
Start your review of Algenist Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
...want to make sure I am protecting my skin as well as taking care of it by moisturizing it.  This product does not have a "sunscreen" smell to it either, so it is perfect for everyday use!  It goes really well under makeup as well.  It doesn't all up or anything under makeup.  Great product!!in reviews
Nicole B.
Curryville, MO
Algenist Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50 uploaded by Nicole B.
Purchased at: Sephora
I would only recommend this is you have extremely oily skin, and honestly then I would say try something else for the price. You do not get much product for the price. It has a slightly chalky, watery consistency. It's difficult to work into the skin and then white patches cling to any stray dry skin you may have.
Berlin B.
Long Beach, CA
Algenist Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50 uploaded by Berlin B.
Highly recommend! SPF50 but not oily at all, it fits well underneath foundation. What I love about it is how easy to dispense without contaminate the whole bottle. It smells awesome too. If you have combination skin like me this is worth to try!
Tong O.
Staten Island, NY
Algenist Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50 uploaded by Tong O.
I really enjoy this Algenist Sublime Defense Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50 sunscreen. This is a physical plus chemical sunscreen. It is an oil free sunscreen, but when it first put on face, it feels a little shinny/oily, but it absorbs very quick, then it dry down to soft matte finish. It feels very lightweight. I usually put 2 layers. $44 for 50ml which lasted me less than 2 months. In Fact, most of us do not use enough amount of sunscreen to be protected, the sufficient amount should be 2.5ml for the entire face. How much sunscreen do you put on your face daily? Octinoxate7.5% - chemical sunscreen Titanium Dioxide 2.0% - Physical sunscreen Zinc Oxide 17.1% - Physical sunscreen. 17% zinc oxide is a very good formula Algenist Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50
Isabel N.
Burbank, CA
Algenist Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50 uploaded by Isabel N.
I know how expensive this product is, but I was compelled to see how it worked, and I was happy with my results! The Algenist is a high quality skincare brand that is sold at Sephora. Since I had heard so many good things about it, I decided to go for a simple but stationary product in skincare; sunscreen. I suggest SPF 50 or higher on the face, but that doesn’t mean you have to buy this product. The 4 stars is for the high price, since most wont be able to buy it because of that factor. Algenist Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50
Verenice L.
Las Vegas, NV
Algenist Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50 uploaded by Verenice L.
This the best sunscreen I’ve ever tried, because it’s not greasy like others sunscreen!
Amber B.
Delray Beach, FL
When I know I'm going to be outside for an extended time, with unknown shade, this is my go=to.  A little sticky, but still light.  Makeup goes on well over.  Lasts well, no unpleasant smell.  Perfect for those times when the SPF in my makeup and regular moisturizer just aren't enough.
Brittney E.
Salida, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
I went to Sephora asking for a great sunscreen and got this! I love so many things; it fits in my purse making it convenient to reapply through the day, it feels great on my skin, no white cast afterwards and I didn’t feel that it was expensive.
Tyler S.
Warwick, RI
This stuff is super light weight and easy to use really only need a small amount because it spreads so smoothly, can be a bit drying though due to the alcohol content but leaves no white cast and does not pill like some others, would definitely recommend
Heather W.
El Segundo, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
This is my absolute favorite daily sunscreen. It’s lightweight, easily blends with other products if you so choose, or, on its own, leaves a nice satin finish that’s easy to apply makeup over. And no breakouts! Most SPF 50+ products tend to feel heavy or greasy, but not this one. I prefer to purchase the 1.7 oz size, but it’s difficult to come by, even on the Algenist site. Wish that size were more of a staple for them!
Destiny G.
Hoffman Est, IL
This is so far the best spf I’ve tried! It’s so thin and silky smooth, fast absorbing and beautiful under makeup! I do think that it should be more product for the price but it’s so good so I’d definitely recommend it!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...