BY ALGENIST #51 in Facial Skincare

Sublime Defense Anti-Aging Blurring Moisturizer SPF 30

• I've heard it tends to be too little quality of a product...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Mrs. B.
I purchased this at Sephora almost a year ago.  I live in Houston so it is 'summer' here almost the entire year.  I wanted a LIGHT WEIGHT moisturizer with an SPF, this product has delivered.  Because it is whipped, it is very light.  It's not watery, but it spreads nicely.  On brown skin, if you don't rub it in completely there can be a slight white cast, but nothing significant that shows up on camera.  The smell isn't anything offensive, and the product itself has a slight pink tint.  In my opinion, it's not very good at blurring.  My only complaint that would keep me from purchasing this again is that it contains silicone.  I have very oily skin, and have only recently noticed that when I use silicone based products, my skin kicks the oil production into over-drive.
Nka k.
Charleston, SC
I love Algenist!!!!
there products are amazing!!!
I use all there products.
The only problem I have is with the prices they are way to expensive.
I'm glad I found it on sale.
I love this cream.
It feels good on my skin.
And it's nice to have a sun screen and a moisturizer in one product.
I live in a warm state so I feel good knowing I have sunscreen on.
I highly recommend all of Algnist's products.

Melanie K.
O'Fallon
I got this in a Sephora value box and it’s a lovely moisturizer. What I love most is the instant lifting and tightening effect on my skin. It creates a matte feel and appearance. As far as the anti-aging benefits, I haven’t yet seen any huge difference in the light spots but I know it takes time and as a moisturizer alone this is a good one.
Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
The texture of this is whipped and airy, with a light pink hue. It definitely blurs pores and imperfections. It’s good for daily wear, but not water resistant enough for sweating. Works well to prime the skin as well for makeup. The formula is unique, and doesn’t feel like any other of my sunscreens, however the end result is similar to bare minerals shield spf 50. A matte, blurred, even skin texture. The moisturizing effect is fair. And must blend into skin well.
It feels a bit heavy on the skin, and sometimes it breaks me out, so I stick with the comparable bare minerals.

FYI: I bought a huge 2oz jar of this at like Marshall’s for 10$!!! Whereas they sell it on Sephora for like 75$!
Jen V.
Mount Holly
I am obsessed with anything algenist!! I love being able to receive these as sample because it is one of the more expensive brands. It is worth every penny, but because of the cost it's not for everyone. If you do have the money to drop on this, please do. It helps with fine lines and dullness.
ReBecka C.
Madison
This moisturizer changed my skin! It completely smoothed the texture and overall appearance of my skin. When you apply it, it seems to blurr pours and fine lines giving you an immediate improved appearance. I don’t feel the need to wear as much foundation when I use this moisturizer
🦄Leslie D.
Coral Springs, FL
This moisturizer does what it says, blurs out your skin. It has a very sturdy packaging and the texture is very nice. However, I do not like that when you apply it, you can feel as if it is drying and the particles are all over your face. I do not how to explain it but it feels like dead skin. I would not recommend to apply foundation on top of it.
Maryann H.
Orlando, FL
I wanted to like this. I use the other Algentist products. But I felt like this didn't do what it promised. I have some left. I just added in the morning before my makeup.
Shelley H.
Madison
This product actually felt like it was burning my face. I am careful to not use products with hyaluronic acid or sodium hyaluronate because of how my skin reacts. I did not see those listed on the ingredients so I felt I was safe. It left my skin raw and scaly. Perhaps it would work for someone with “normal”
Skin but not for me.
Minha D.
Algenist is a good make. I love their vitamin c serum from their genius line. The sublime is not that moisturizing. I like products that are. This will be a great product for people with oil, or normal skin.
Erik O.
Sacramento, CA
I've heard it tends to be too little quality of a products for the price, what is the main overall review of it?

back