Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser

A unique, luxurious melting cleanser that gently dissolves all traces of makeup, removes impurities, and improves skin's radiance. This non-drying, rich melting cleanser is the best of biotechnology and offers an unparalleled sensorial experience. The powerful formula combines both alguronic acid, a patented antiaging breakthrough, and microalgae oil, a new source of nourishing oil, to visibly replenish and smooth skin. This transforming cleanser melts into a silky oil to lift away all traces of long-wearing makeup gently and effectively. Upon contact with water, this lightweight oil turns into a milky emulsion and rinses clean to wash away impurities, leaving skin beautifully cleansed, soft, and radiant-looking. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates This soap-free product is noncomedogenic, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, and for all skin types. Research results:- 100% saw skin impurities dissolve- 100% said it nourished and hydrated skin - 98% said it gently and quickly removes all traces of makeup - 96% said it balances and tones skin

• How much of this do you usually use? I just got a travel size to ...2 Answers
  • I have been looking for a new cleanser and would like to know if ...3 Answers
  • Who else thinks this is the best cleanser they've ever used?3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Melissa W.
Hunlock Creek, PA
The Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-aging Melting Cleanser was okay.  The texture wasn't too thick and it melts right into the skin.  It spreads easily too.  Oh.. and the smell is heavenly!  What I didn't like about this cleanser, is that it does not remove my mascara or waterproof sunblock completely, as other cleansers do.  It doesn't rinse off completely either.  It leaves that thick oily felling on my skin, which I do not like.  I like cleansers that rinse off all the way, so I know my skin care ingredients will be able to soak into my skin and not just sit on top.  Overall.. this cleanser was just okay...
Tayler H.
Richardson, TX
I bought a small tube of this from TJMAXX for only $2 and I’m glad I got it on sale because I don’t think I would be repurchasing. First of all it smells so nice and it’s really oily. It’s seems luxurious when using but my struggle is that my skin never feels completely clean after using. First of all, you put this on your skin dry which is already strange for a cleanser. I feel like it doesn’t feel like soap or a cleanser. I’m sure it’s cleaning my skin and removing my makeup just fine but it just doesn’t feel that way so I always end up washing my face with something else. Sooo not my favorite.
Andrea D.
I think this would be good as a morning cleanser if you have dry skin. I could still feel it on my face after rinsing, it felt moisturizing though. Definitely won’t take off all your makeup. Not worth the price unless you have dry skin and never wear any makeup.
Sandra G.
Kennewick, WA
Great product! Received as a sample and assumed it was a foaming/gel cleanser, which I don't really use since switching to oil cleansers about a year ago. I was going through my stash and found this guy and read on it that it's actually a gel that melts into an oil, so I had to give it a go. Great cleanser! Feels lovely working it into my skin and removes all traces of makeup - even waterproof products - completely and gently. Will definitely consider purchasing a full size when this is gone.
Shakayla C.
Springdale , AR
Favorite take the day off cleanser there is. It goes on like a melting cleanser and then you rub it into your skin before you put water on it for a makeup remover and then rinse to make it a cleansing milk for hydration..
Jozie H.
It does a really great job at melting away the makeup I have on my face including waterproof mascara. It struggles with the lash glue I have and seems to be breaking me out? It smells great and does good at removing makeup but I don’t think it’s right for my skin.
Ashley R.
Scranton, PA
Oh my god. Daily use for sure. Takes every bit of makeup and eyeliner/mascara off instantly. It’s a gel, turns to oil, then when you wet it it’s a milk. Absolutely wonderful.
Shelley L.
Belle Mead, NJ
It definitely made my skin look a little more youthful, I’m giving all star because it works but I don’t love the dewy look it leaves (all the time) sometimes I want the matte look.
Ryn C.
Athens, GA
I like to use this as a morning cleanser. It makes my skin feel nourished all day even before moisturizer. My one complaint is the smell. I know it is anti-aging but the smell is very reminiscent of old people. Do not enjoy.
Lex T.
I’ve only ever used deluxe samples of this cleanser and it has never let me down. It feels so incredibly soft on your skin and it takes all makeup off with ease.
Elizabeth d.
Hilliard, OH
I have been looking for a new cleanser and would like to know if at age 55 this would be great to try?
Erikah O.
York, PA
Who else thinks this is the best cleanser they've ever used?
Mary R.
How much of this do you usually use? I just got a travel size to try it out. Pea size, quarter size? Do you usually rinse with water and your hands or use a cloth?
Mary R.
Ok I have a travel size of this and have been using it occasionally. I follow the instructions and apply Dry and then add water after a while. My skin is SO oily when I'm done rinsing everything off that I feel gross and have to wash again with another cleanser. It does a decent job of getting most of the makeup off but I don't think the oiliness is worth it for the price. Any thoughts?