BY ALGENIST

A unique, luxurious melting cleanser that gently dissolves all traces of makeup, removes impurities, and improves skin's radiance. This non-drying, rich melting cleanser is the best of biotechnology and offers an unparalleled sensorial experience. The powerful formula combines both alguronic acid, a patented antiaging breakthrough, and microalgae oil, a new source of nourishing oil, to visibly replenish and smooth skin. This transforming cleanser melts into a silky oil to lift away all traces of long-wearing makeup gently and effectively. Upon contact with water, this lightweight oil turns into a milky emulsion and rinses clean to wash away impurities, leaving skin beautifully cleansed, soft, and radiant-looking. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates This soap-free product is noncomedogenic, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, and for all skin types. Research results:- 100% saw skin impurities dissolve- 100% said it nourished and hydrated skin - 98% said it gently and quickly removes all traces of makeup - 96% said it balances and tones skin

• How much of this do you usually use? I just got a travel ...2 Answers
  • I have been looking for a new cleanser and would like to ...3 Answers
  • Who else thinks this is the best cleanser they've ever used?3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "This is a gem of a product! It's worth the money for me. I have mature skin and need to be extra careful around my eye area. Taking off eye makeup is not fun if it pulls and tugs on my skin, I'll get tiny cuts in my skin. This is very gentle and removes all my makeup and eye products too in one product. It doesn't hurt my sensitive skin at all and has actually softened my skin. It doesn't dry my skin or make me itch. I highly recommend this product. " in 3 reviews
  • "My Holy Grail cleanser! It starts as a gel, rubbing it into your face turns into a cleansing oil, and adding water turns it into a wonderful milky emulsion. It's very hydrating and leaves my face baby soft. It is wonderful in the winter during harsh, cold climate. " in 3 reviews
Giovanna D.
This is one of the most luxurious cleansers I’ve ever used. Mostly because of its texture and the way it melts in contact with your skin.

It removes most of my makeup by itself, and then I just follow with a cotton cloth to wipe it all off and a second cleanse with a soap.

Although I prefer fragrance free products, this one smells incredible just like all the other products from the brand (that sweet but still soft scent).

While I cannot say I saw any of the anti-aging results, I also don’t believe a cleanser will be effective at that (like, no cleanser ever). If anything, it helps keeping your skin young by being delicate and not dying your skin out.

I would totally recommend it if you have the money to splurge !
Melissa W.
Hunlock Creek, PA
The Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-aging Melting Cleanser was okay.  The texture wasn't too thick and it melts right into the skin.  It spreads easily too.  Oh.. and the smell is heavenly!  What I didn't like about this cleanser, is that it does not remove my mascara or waterproof sunblock completely, as other cleansers do.  It doesn't rinse off completely either.  It leaves that thick oily felling on my skin, which I do not like.  I like cleansers that rinse off all the way, so I know my skin care ingredients will be able to soak into my skin and not just sit on top.  Overall.. this cleanser was just okay...
Elizabeth A.
Santa Barbara
This stuff is my most recent Holy Grail skincare product! It is so gentle on my skin. My face feels extremely hydrated after using this. It takes my makeup off so quickly, and makes me look like the tea-soaked matchmaker from Mulan when I’m washing my face (which is great). It has made me enjoy washing my face, which is an accomplishment. This is expensive, but it’s absolutely worth the money.
Tayler H.
Richardson , TX
I bought a small tube of this from TJMAXX for only $2 and I’m glad I got it on sale because I don’t think I would be repurchasing. First of all it smells so nice and it’s really oily. It’s seems luxurious when using but my struggle is that my skin never feels completely clean after using. First of all, you put this on your skin dry which is already strange for a cleanser. I feel like it doesn’t feel like soap or a cleanser. I’m sure it’s cleaning my skin and removing my makeup just fine but it just doesn’t feel that way so I always end up washing my face with something else. Sooo not my favorite.
Sandra G.
Kennewick, WA
Great product! Received as a sample and assumed it was a foaming/gel cleanser, which I don't really use since switching to oil cleansers about a year ago. I was going through my stash and found this guy and read on it that it's actually a gel that melts into an oil, so I had to give it a go. Great cleanser! Feels lovely working it into my skin and removes all traces of makeup - even waterproof products - completely and gently. Will definitely consider purchasing a full size when this is gone.
April C.
Baxley
I bought this purely out of curiosity and I am so glad I did!! It’s gentle so I use it the day after I use an exfoliating cleanser, it removes all my make up and leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized!!
Ashley l R.
Scranton, PA
Oh my god. Daily use for sure. Takes every bit of makeup and eyeliner/mascara off instantly. It’s a gel, turns to oil, then when you wet it it’s a milk. Absolutely wonderful.
Brooke D.
Smyrna, GA
This is one of my favorite cleansers! I have dry skin and this helps take off all of your makeup even stubborn mascara! I love the fresh smell and how my skin feels after I’m done.
Andrea D.
I think this would be good as a morning cleanser if you have dry skin. I could still feel it on my face after rinsing, it felt moisturizing though. Definitely won’t take off all your makeup. Not worth the price unless you have dry skin and never wear any makeup.
Ryn C.
Leesburg, GA
I like to use this as a morning cleanser. It makes my skin feel nourished all day even before moisturizer. My one complaint is the smell. I know it is anti-aging but the smell is very reminiscent of old people. Do not enjoy.
Elizabeth d.
Hilliard, OH
I have been looking for a new cleanser and would like to know if at age 55 this would be great to try?
Erikah O.
York, PA
Who else thinks this is the best cleanser they've ever used?
Mary R.
How much of this do you usually use? I just got a travel size to try it out. Pea size, quarter size? Do you usually rinse with water and your hands or use a cloth?
Mary R.
Ok I have a travel size of this and have been using it occasionally. I follow the instructions and apply Dry and then add water after a while. My skin is SO oily when I'm done rinsing everything off that I feel gross and have to wash again with another cleanser. It does a decent job of getting most of the makeup off but I don't think the oiliness is worth it for the price. Any thoughts?