BY ALGENIST

A unique, luxurious melting cleanser that gently dissolves all traces of makeup, removes impurities, and improves skin's radiance. This non-drying, rich melting cleanser is the best of biotechnology and offers an unparalleled sensorial experience. The powerful formula combines both alguronic acid, a patented antiaging breakthrough, and microalgae oil, a new source of nourishing oil, to visibly replenish and smooth skin. This transforming cleanser melts into a silky oil to lift away all traces of long-wearing makeup gently and effectively. Upon contact with water, this lightweight oil turns into a milky emulsion and rinses clean to wash away impurities, leaving skin beautifully cleansed, soft, and radiant-looking. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates This soap-free product is noncomedogenic, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, and for all skin types. Research results:- 100% saw skin impurities dissolve- 100% said it nourished and hydrated skin - 98% said it gently and quickly removes all traces of makeup - 96% said it balances and tones skin

• How much of this do you usually use? I just got a travel size to ...2 Answers
  • I have been looking for a new cleanser and would like to know if ...3 Answers
  • Who else thinks this is the best cleanser they've ever used?3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Melissa W.
Hunlock Creek, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
The Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-aging Melting Cleanser was okay.  The texture wasn't too thick and it melts right into the skin.  It spreads easily too.  Oh.. and the smell is heavenly!  What I didn't like about this cleanser, is that it does not remove my mascara or waterproof sunblock completely, as other cleansers do.  It doesn't rinse off completely either.  It leaves that thick oily felling on my skin, which I do not like.  I like cleansers that rinse off all the way, so I know my skin care ingredients will be able to soak into my skin and not just sit on top.  Overall.. this cleanser was just okay...
Tayler H.
Richardson, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought a small tube of this from TJMAXX for only $2 and I’m glad I got it on sale because I don’t think I would be repurchasing. First of all it smells so nice and it’s really oily. It’s seems luxurious when using but my struggle is that my skin never feels completely clean after using. First of all, you put this on your skin dry which is already strange for a cleanser. I feel like it doesn’t feel like soap or a cleanser. I’m sure it’s cleaning my skin and removing my makeup just fine but it just doesn’t feel that way so I always end up washing my face with something else. Sooo not my favorite.
Sandra G.
KENNEWICK, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Great product! Received as a sample and assumed it was a foaming/gel cleanser, which I don't really use since switching to oil cleansers about a year ago. I was going through my stash and found this guy and read on it that it's actually a gel that melts into an oil, so I had to give it a go. Great cleanser! Feels lovely working it into my skin and removes all traces of makeup - even waterproof products - completely and gently. Will definitely consider purchasing a full size when this is gone.
Laurie C.
Downers Grove, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This cleanser is a gel that you apply onto dry skin. After rubbing it on your face for a minute you then add warm water to create a lather. This cleanser is very oily. After 3 uses, I broke out with a huge pimple on the side of my nose. I have normal skin type, so if you're combination or oily , avoid this product. Will not repurchase.
Sarah T.
Belmont, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
So you could say I have fallen in love with a cleanser that is not only balanced between cleaning skin well of debris and make and moisturizing. This is one that you rub a small amount between your hands and massage over your face and remove with a warm to hot face cloth. It smells wonderful and spa-like too and is the perfect start to your morning and night routine to have great skin.
Alexi S.
Spokane, WA
THIS CLEANSER IS AMAZING. It goes on as a gel and feels so luxurious and soothing on the skin. It breaks down ALL of my makeup and literally melts it away and all I have to do is splash my face with water and all of my makeup is gone including eyelash glue. It leaves my skin feeling hydrated and sooo soft!
Ryn C.
Athens, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like to use this as a morning cleanser. It makes my skin feel nourished all day even before moisturizer. My one complaint is the smell. I know it is anti-aging but the smell is very reminiscent of old people. Do not enjoy.
Brandi S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Absolutely perfect product! Would repurchase! I looked over the ingredient list and was pleasantly surprised at the benefits this has just to be a cleanser, but not just any cleanser. This is for any skin type. It melts off my makeup while helping to clear my pores. It has wonderful anti-aging properties. This is a great pre-cleanser or just as a single cleanse at bedtime. Removed all of my stubborn eye makeup. Lasts a LONG time. You won't be disappointed!
Jordan W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got a sample of this and the first time using it I was hooked! It's an gel, oil, to milk product. It comes out as a gel, when you massage it in (even safe on eyes) it turns into an oil,& when you rinse with water it turns milky. It takes eyelash glue off and any long wearing makeup without leaving a film on top of your skin. Make sure to double rinse your eyes because sometimes when you open it'll be foggy but even my dermalogica one does it too. My only complaint is that I hate paying $40 for it. I even got my roommate hooked.
Julie H.
Beaverton, OR
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a sample of this from Sephora and I was pretty impressed! This removed makeup, not heavy makeup and is a great option as a first cleansing step. You will need to follow up with a second cleanser. This doesn't lather, is a thick cream that doesn't leave a residue. It has a very sea like scent that I love. It's pricey but if you can splurge I'd recommend trying it out.
Erikah O.
York, PA
Who else thinks this is the best cleanser they've ever used?
Elizabeth d.
Hilliard, OH
I have been looking for a new cleanser and would like to know if at age 55 this would be great to try?
Mary R.
How much of this do you usually use? I just got a travel size to try it out. Pea size, quarter size? Do you usually rinse with water and your hands or use a cloth?
Mary R.
Ok I have a travel size of this and have been using it occasionally. I follow the instructions and apply Dry and then add water after a while. My skin is SO oily when I'm done rinsing everything off that I feel gross and have to wash again with another cleanser. It does a decent job of getting most of the makeup off but I don't think the oiliness is worth it for the price. Any thoughts?