BY ALDI #5 in Grocery Stores

• I love aldi and have been impressed with so many of their...8 Answers
  • What is the best deal you've found at Aldi? 19 Answers
  • What is your favorite item to buy at Aldi, something you ...32 Answers
Aldi
  • "They always have something new when we go, but still maintain a great selection that makes it easy to stock up at great prices." in 40 reviews
  • "You do have to remember that it's not all name brand items, and that you're not going into a Target or Harris Teeter to shop for your groceries." in 34 reviews
  • "The selection isn't as large as a typical grocery store obviously, but the prices are unbeatable and the products are very good." in 29 reviews
  • "This is my regular grocery shopping store, there has only been 2 products I have purchased here that were bad, once was the frozen burritos and the other was vodka sauce for pasta." in 28 reviews
  • "Occasionally they will have major brands for low prices, instead of just their store brand and I love that they carry local produce." in 20 reviews
Ashley C.
Joppa, MD
Aldi's is my favorite place to shop. You use a quarter to get a cart. The quarter is returned once you bring the cart back. It keeps people from leaving carts in the middle of the lot. It also eliminates a person who would be needed as a cart getter. The groceries in this store are mostly Aldi's brands not usual name brands. It's a store that you have to give yourself some time to walk around and check out all the food items. They have seasonal items, gluten free items(live g free) boxed dinners, foods that are healthy alternatives (fit and active)and organic stuff. They have all your normal dairy items and healthy alternatives too (Almond milk,coconut milk). The produce department has alot of choices and almost everything is prepackaged. It may not be ideal if you are cooking for a single person. The meat department has a good selection. There are a good bit of organic meat choices too. They have a canned food and freezer section also. Some of the vegetables in the freezer section have streamable bags. There is an area for baby supplies, pet supplies, household items, and a seasonal section. As for checkout bring your own bags or you have to find a box or buy bags. Checkout always goes fast because they don't bag your stuff. If you have a full cart you may want to get a second cart. The cashier usually dumps everything in the cart pretty quick. There is usually no arranging contents. The add comes out every Wednesday and the best deals go fast. So be sure to check the website to find the one closest to you.
Mariya P.
Germantown, TN
Aldi... have been a loyal costumer at aldi for quit a while and I dont regret any day I step into aldi.. I love aldi for many reasons. You can truly walk out of that store with full cart and still money in your bank lol.. it is really cheaper to shop at aldi.. the prices are unbeatable. Yes they have some prices that are higher and you can find some items cheaper but over all aldi is sure low price for me. I love their specialty selection they have . Thier sald dressings.. I love thoer more and more organic products .. dairy or eggs is the cheapest in aldi.. I also enjoy buying stuff like paper towels and such in aldi .. over all aldi will be my favorite store until they go out of business and they better not think about it hahah!!
Dinah B.
Windsor
We have Aldi's in our area and I had never been to one until last year.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I like them better than Save A Lot.  The first time I went was around the Christmas holidays and they had a lot of European style sweet cakes and breads.  I purchased several and loved them.  Their vegetables are fresh and prices are low.  The first time I went I did not realize you had to pay for a cart.  An older lady handed her cart off to me as I was entering the store and she held out her hand.  I thought that was very odd....and was thinking "why is this woman holding her hand out to me like that?"  I just looked at her and smiled and walked away.  I realized later she was asking me to give her quarter back.  I still feel badly about that!  You need to take your own bags as they do not bag items.  Aldi
Leah K.
United States
Aldi is fantastic for pantry staples. We get most of our required foods for the week and about 80% of our mealprep ingredients there every week. Their fresh produce usually leaves a little something to be desired, which is really the only reason I took off a star. Most items are in-house brands, which tend to be cheaper than name brand or other store generics, but you have to be careful if you're really pinching pennies because a lot of things run the same price or more than stores like walmart, target, or stop and shop. You simply cannot walk into any grocery store and expect to pay much less for the same products.
Emily G.
Hixson, TN
This is my by far favorite grocery store ! You put a quarter in a cart to get it, but you get it back!😂 the prices are so cheap here for good products. A lot of the products are organic, which I love: it’s great to have a store with healthy cheap food for us poor people! Many complain about them not using plastic bags. I don’t mind I throw the stuff in the back of my car & go on bc I’m sorta saving the planet 😂 they have a section in the front for packing your groceries so if you bring reusable bags it’s easy to pack it up.
Julie J.
Los Angeles, CA
I recently went to this grocery store and wasnt not satisfied at all. I found it weird how you have to leave a quarter in the cart in order to use one and to tip it off I didn't have change so a worker had to lend me one was the most awkward thing ever. And it got worse as I got in and was browsing the store. The prices vary most things I seen werr more on the pricey side something I'm not usrd to and also avoid. Im a bargain shopping when I can and here I didn't find much deals like I would have enjoyed. A pro is that there are many healthy options which is a good thing. But something I didnt like is that I want familiar with brands they had in store idk if its just there generic store brand but it nade it even harder for me to shop because of that. I was in an unfamiliar market and exposed to all new products and brands and didn't know if they were good or not; and that only prevented me from shopping more ans just grabbed few items that I needed for the week. I don't think I would ever wanna go back and would be fine with that decision.
Robin W.
Kettering, OH
I have way more pros than cons for Aldi. Cons: Bring a quarter every time if you plan on using a grocery cart. Don't forget to bring your own bags because you not only bag your own groceries but you bag them in your own bags. They don't always have the same items. So if you fall in love with something be prepared to let it go for a little while because it may be a 'seasonal item'. Pros: Almost all items I have tried are comparable to name brand. Their cheese selection is wonderful. Can beet the price on fresh fruits and veggies. The store is small and to the point, not filled with lots of fru fru stiff that is in the way. Since its a small store you can easily find an associate to help you and they are always willing to go in the back and see if they have an item. Their app is amazing. Great your list and shop. They also show the current flyer and the next one coming out. That always helps me prepare my list for the following week. Never had a bad experience at Aldi. I shop there once a week.
Erika B.
Like the store and concept but my local Aldi always has ONE person on the register and a good amount of people in the store. The one thing I specifically go there for is their water. O. M. G!!! 24 pack of water for $1.73 AFTER taxes! Please keep this and prices of food low! I’m on the fence about the quarters for the baskets. Although you can get the quarter back, it’s inconvenient when you don’t have a quarter and plan on doing heavy shopping or having heavy items to purchase.
Hanna W.
I love Aldi! If you’ve never been, you do have to know that it is a little bit of a strange setup as you have to ‘rent’ a cart and bring your own bags as well as bag your own food. But as someone that tries to live simply, I love that they don’t have a billion food options. I have found that the name brand items they have are usually the same price as at a regular grocery store, but I usually buy Aldi brand products and avoid those. Their produce is usually cheaper than a chain grocery store, even when they have sales. Aldi is definitely my go to store!
Sherrie C.
I was so happy when Aldi finally made it to my area and I got to try it out. The quarters for carts and bagging your own groceries make Aldi more unique and help us save money in the long run. I love that they pay their workers fairly and they also get to sit down, both things I would have loved while working retail. Everyone at my local store is so friendly as well. Their return policy is great too, I once found mold on some sliced cheese that I bought every single week without issue, and they not only gave me my money back but they replaced it too.

It’s my first grocery stop every week because I save so much money on essentials, plus I find so many cool random items and food products as well. Minus one star because their produce has inconsistent quality and goes bad quickly sometimes, and I can’t purchase everything I need there.
Diana L.
What is your favorite item to buy at Aldi, something you get every week?
Shelby B.
Omaha, NE
What is the best deal you've found at Aldi?
Erica S.
What's your favorite thing about Aldi? I really like the special deals they have every week in their "home goods" section. I've gotten a lot of really great items like storage bins, small rugs and toys for a great price.
EMMY L.
Anyone give me tips on what to buy here and what NOT to buy? A new store just opened up in my area and I have never shopped here before. I'm a mom of 3 kids that are aged 6 and under if that helps. Thanks!
Corrinda C.
Temple, TX
What is your favorite thing to pick up at ALDI?