BY ALDI #3 in Grocery Stores

• I love aldi and have been impressed with so many of their product...7 Answers
  • What is the best deal you've found at Aldi? 19 Answers
  • What is your favorite item to buy at Aldi, something you get ever...32 Answers
Aldi
  • "They always have something new when we go, but still maintain a great selection that makes it easy to stock up at great prices." in 40 reviews
  • "You do have to remember that it's not all name brand items, and that you're not going into a Target or Harris Teeter to shop for your groceries." in 34 reviews
  • "The selection isn't as large as a typical grocery store obviously, but the prices are unbeatable and the products are very good." in 29 reviews
  • "This is my regular grocery shopping store, there has only been 2 products I have purchased here that were bad, once was the frozen burritos and the other was vodka sauce for pasta." in 28 reviews
  • "Occasionally they will have major brands for low prices, instead of just their store brand and I love that they carry local produce." in 20 reviews
Ashley C.
Joppa, MD
Aldi's is my favorite place to shop. You use a quarter to get a cart. The quarter is returned once you bring the cart back. It keeps people from leaving carts in the middle of the lot. It also eliminates a person who would be needed as a cart getter. The groceries in this store are mostly Aldi's brands not usual name brands. It's a store that you have to give yourself some time to walk around and check out all the food items. They have seasonal items, gluten free items(live g free) boxed dinners, foods that are healthy alternatives (fit and active)and organic stuff. They have all your normal dairy items and healthy alternatives too (Almond milk,coconut milk). The produce department has alot of choices and almost everything is prepackaged. It may not be ideal if you are cooking for a single person. The meat department has a good selection. There are a good bit of organic meat choices too. They have a canned food and freezer section also. Some of the vegetables in the freezer section have streamable bags. There is an area for baby supplies, pet supplies, household items, and a seasonal section. As for checkout bring your own bags or you have to find a box or buy bags. Checkout always goes fast because they don't bag your stuff. If you have a full cart you may want to get a second cart. The cashier usually dumps everything in the cart pretty quick. There is usually no arranging contents. The add comes out every Wednesday and the best deals go fast. So be sure to check the website to find the one closest to you.
april n.
Forest lake , MN
I absolutely love aldi and I’m so glad that it finally came to my town! Since shopping there, I have cut my grocery bill in half - if not more!

They have everything you could ever need at the store, for a fraction of what you would pay anywhere else. I do all of my grocery shopping there and it not only has made my money stretch - but has definitely helped me get more vegetables and fruit into my family’s diet.

If you’re more “health conscious” they offer a brand called fit & active that is a “light” version of their products.

I love that when you go there, you don’t see carts all over the place and that they charge you a quarter for a cart (that you get back, once you return the cart to the cart corral). It makes it so much easier than trying to move carts to park somewhere.

I also love that they want you to bring your own bags - they are environmentally friendly, which I also love! They sell paper bags that can be recycled as well.

Bottom line - if you are looking for a place to shop and you don’t want to spend an arm and a leg at any other store - or if the holidays have put you on a tight budget - check out Aldi!
Brenna G.
Annville, PA
I love Aldi and its products!! its such an excellent alternative to the traditional grocery store.  I can typically feed my family of three for under $100 for 2 weeks! We load up on yogurt, fresh fruits, veggies, snacks, baking supplies and even odds and ends like candles and paper plates.

Cons: requiring a quarter to use the carts, which is just a slight inconvenience.  No bags, inconsistent products.

Pros: inexpensive, great fresh fruit and veggies, variety of products,
Robin W.
Kettering, OH
I have way more pros than cons for Aldi. Cons: Bring a quarter every time if you plan on using a grocery cart. Don't forget to bring your own bags because you not only bag your own groceries but you bag them in your own bags. They don't always have the same items. So if you fall in love with something be prepared to let it go for a little while because it may be a 'seasonal item'. Pros: Almost all items I have tried are comparable to name brand. Their cheese selection is wonderful. Can beet the price on fresh fruits and veggies. The store is small and to the point, not filled with lots of fru fru stiff that is in the way. Since its a small store you can easily find an associate to help you and they are always willing to go in the back and see if they have an item. Their app is amazing. Great your list and shop. They also show the current flyer and the next one coming out. That always helps me prepare my list for the following week. Never had a bad experience at Aldi. I shop there once a week.
Erika B.
Like the store and concept but my local Aldi always has ONE person on the register and a good amount of people in the store. The one thing I specifically go there for is their water. O. M. G!!! 24 pack of water for $1.73 AFTER taxes! Please keep this and prices of food low! I’m on the fence about the quarters for the baskets. Although you can get the quarter back, it’s inconvenient when you don’t have a quarter and plan on doing heavy shopping or having heavy items to purchase.
Samantha B.
Chesterfield, MI
Aldi has become my favorite grocery store. They may not have all of the bells and whistles of some other chains, but they do have great products for fantastic prices! After recently finding out that I have a gluten allergy, Aldi has been a lifesaver for finding so many gluten free foods and not breaking the bank. If you have a gluten allergy or are just trying to eat less gluten, I highly recommend going to Aldi to get everything you need.
Jamilyn B.
I LOVE ALDI! If you want quality food, organic, non GMO, low calorie, or just a bag of chips. Aldicoupons or there are sales at other stores, Aldi has been the lowest price in my experience. You have to bring your own bags and have a quarter to get a cart, but that makes up for the savings. We do 75% of our shopping at Aldi. There are some things, like deli cut lunch meat that I have to go elsewhere for, but for the most part I can always count on Aldi to have it
Jessica S.
Johnston, IA
I remember coming here as a kid with my mom or grandma. I feel like even since then, Aldi has come such a long way. Many of the stores are updated and have a fresh feel. Always a great selection of veggies and fruits. You can't forget the snack and cereal selection. What I purchase at Aldi for $50 would easily cost me $100 at a big box store. And I feel good giving it to my family,as many products are natural. Thank you Aldi!
Sierra S.
Manhattan
Love Aldi! I'm a college student and Aldi is my go-to for cheap, high quality foods and other products. They have their own brand, and it's often on par with name brands. They have everything you could ever need, however they might only have one brand of it but that's how they keep the prices so cheap. Overall I recommend. (Also go here and get their chocolate. It's European chocolate and super cheap. And delicious!!)
Daphne W.
The only good thing about Aldi is the cheap prices. I can NOT get over how badly the store smells and how the groceries (all of them) had the same awful stench which lingered in our house until every item was removed. The employee's are not helpful in any way. After you are rung up, you have to rush to bag your own groceries with very little counter space and forget bringing any kids with you!!! Once you enter the store, its like you are trapped because of narrow isles and you have to go through the entire store just to get out. Oh yeah and pay $.25 to use a cart...
Diana L.
What is your favorite item to buy at Aldi, something you get every week?
Shelby B.
Council Blfs, IA
What is the best deal you've found at Aldi?
Erica S.
What's your favorite thing about Aldi? I really like the special deals they have every week in their "home goods" section. I've gotten a lot of really great items like storage bins, small rugs and toys for a great price.
EMMY L.
Anyone give me tips on what to buy here and what NOT to buy? A new store just opened up in my area and I have never shopped here before. I'm a mom of 3 kids that are aged 6 and under if that helps. Thanks!
Corrinda C.
Temple, TX
What is your favorite thing to pick up at ALDI?