Alba Botanica Very Emollient™ Cream Shave Mango Vanilla uploaded by Michal C.

BY ALBA BOTANICA

Severe stubble trouble calls for our soothing and smoothing, super-shaver special. Power-packed with rich botanical emollients, this calming cream fights off dryness, chaffing and irksome in-growns. A blend of aloe vera, jojoba, mango, vanilla and vitamin E moisturize skin and soften unwanted hair for effortless razor glide and reduced risk of nicks, cuts and irritation.

• For normal to dry skin
  • Hydro-active cream
  • Hypo-allergenic

Ingredient: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil(1), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(1), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract(1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract(1), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract(1), Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Potassium Hydroxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol(1), Benzyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coumarin, Fragrance (Parfum). (1)Certified Organic Ingredient

Kimberly d.
Hayward, CA
I'm addicted to this shave cream from Alba. Once I tried it, I haven't strayed from Alba for years. I switched immediately from the other drugstore brand I was previously using. I normally use the lime one, but I found travel sizes in this mango one to take on trips.
It's pricey at about $7 compared to typical cans of shave gel, but the super rich (almost ointment texture laden with plant based oils) shave product is worth the premium. It's super hydrating and a thin layer preps your legs perfectly for shaving.
Erica H.
This stuff smells amazing, is super moisturizing and gets the job done when it comes to shaving. It doesn't leave your skin feeling tight or dry when you get out of the shower, which is really helpful. I've also noticed that I don't ever get razor burn or any bumps when I shave using this.
Emma J.
This is my favorite shaving cream! I try to use more natural products whenever I can and this is a great option. It smells wonderful. It has a very tropical scent. I get more of the mango then vanilla. It's very moistening and even leaves my legs soft after its washed away. It does get clogged in my razor a little bit. But hot water usually does the trick, I've repurchased this for years now so I definitely recommend for anyone looking to try a new shave cream
Kim M.
I have never before wished I could give a product zero stars. I tried this a few years ago because I didn't like how wasteful the cans of shaving cream are. It was on sale so I figured I would give this a try. I had no problems while shaving, other than the thick formula clogged up the razor quickly, but everything went downhill after. The next day my legs were super itchy (but I resisted the urge to itch) and were dry and pink. The next day I noticed I had little scabs all over my legs. I got ingrown hairs about a week later and the scabs turned into scars about 1 mm round. I had previously never had any issues with shaving or ingrown hairs. I went back to an older shaving cream that I knew worked for me and used that for a while. A few months later I noticed that it said to be sure to use a thin layer of product so I decided to try again and used hardly any product. Once again I was itchy, red, and developed scabs that turned into scars. I mentioned it to my boyfriend at one point and he said that he tried the same shaving cream a few years ago and it gave him the same awful reaction and at this point I decided I was done with it and it just isn't for sensitive skin, which we both have. To this day I have these unsightly red spot scars all up and down my legs that I wish I could get rid of so badly. I have checked the ingredient list and I'm not allergic to any of the ingredients as far as I know. My boyfriend suggested I try the Trader Joe's version of this (same size tube, same color) and I am so glad I did. It is way cheaper, gentler, leaves such a clean shave and is equally as "natural". I have actually turned my whole family onto this shaving cream and keep at least one tube around at all times.
Kat M.
Bellflower , CA
I'm obsessed with this shaving cream. I can not go back to any other product. It leaves my skin so soft after shaving. Particularly obsessed with the mint and aloe, the cooling feeling you get after shaving is addicting. Makes shaving easy and fun
Kayla A.
I truly like this shaving gel. For one it smells so delicious for two the thick consistency really protects my legs from razor burn. Sometimes I will just lather my legs in it even when I dont need to shave because it makes my skin look so soft and smooth. It somehow hides my hair follicles too. incredible and so underrated.
Chanel
costa mesa, CA
 I love that this cream has simple ingredients & can be purchased at most health food stores.  I try to avoid most shaving gels/creams due to the harsh ingredients & the aerosol packaging. This product has the consistency of a body butter & is soo moisturizing that it (literally) keeps my skin soft for days.
Debra v.
I have to say I'm not the know all on shaving creams, most of the time I just use soap, but I had a coupon, so I gave this one a try. It is very thick, it's not like typical foaming shaving creams. It rubs on like it's made of oil (Maybe coconut oil). Then as I shave the razor get most of the excess "goop" off my leg. It definitely protects my legs from razor burn which is great! Another thing I like about it is, it doesn't have bad chemicals in it. I got some foaming shaving cream from Walmart and I broke out in hives for a few days after I used it. So far I have had 0 trouble with this Alba brand and allergies (which is good, because I'm pretty sensitive). Last thing I really like about it: the smell. It smells fantastic. I am a sucker for Mango things, but ah this smells like a Hawaiian vacation. I think it cost right around $5 from Publix. I had a coupon for $3 off. I will probably get it again.
Dusty A.
New castle, PA
Silky smooth legs every time! I love the smell of this and it really moisturizes my legs. It leaves my legs feeling super soft for a long time allowing a little longer periods between shaving them. Which is a win win for me begin a stay at home Mom and never having time.
Aide J.
Los Banos, CA
Tried this shaving cream by Alba and was satisfied with its results. My shave was nice and clean free of cuts or nicks . The best part was my feet were left feeling nice and soft . I would definitely recommend.
B C.
After using, did you feel like any residue was left behind? Like the product was too thick and didn't end up soaking into your skin.

back