Alba Botanica Un-Petroleum® Multi-Purpose Jelly uploaded by Whitley D.Alba Botanica Un-Petroleum® Multi-Purpose Jelly uploaded by diana c.Alba Botanica Un-Petroleum® Multi-Purpose Jelly uploaded by Alisa M.

BY ALBA BOTANICA

With beeswax, moisture rich coconut oil and soothing, protective vitamin E, this botanically-based, non-petroleum jelly is a botanically-based substitute for the old medicine cabinet staple. Use as an all-over body moisturizer to soothe skin and protect against irritation, chaffing and windburn. Can be used to remove eye makeup or create a moisture barrier to soothe diaper area irritation.

• For babies, kids or the whole family
  • Locks in moisturization
  • Soothes & softens

Ingredient: Ricinus communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil(1), Beeswax, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate. (1)Certified Organic Ingredient

Buy on Puritan...
Maxelin C.
Maxelin C.
Jamaica, NY
I am a former Vaseline addict, and over the past year or two I have been slowly switching all of my products towards more natural products. Once I finished up yet another giant tub of vaseline, I knew it was probably time for me to get away from petroleum as well, so I decided to try this and see if it could compare with my beloved vaseline.

I like that this product has no petrolatum, artificial colors/fragrances, parabens or phthalates and that they don't test on animals. The first 3 ingredients are castor seed oil, coconut oil and beeswax. So the ingredients are awesome! It also works (for me, anyways) pretty much just like vaseline does. I get extremely dry hands in the winter time, and what I typically use this product for is to apply a light layer to my hands, lips, and the corners of my eyes (which get really dry also) right before bed to trap in the moisture from my other lotions/creams/balms, and it works great! It honestly looks and feels just like vaseline!

I only have two complaints about this. First is the scent. It is not something I ever notice really unless I actually put the product up to my nose and smell it up close, but it has kind of an unappealing scent. I can't put my finger on it, but it almost smells fake? Kind of plastic-y? Which is funny because this is an all natural product. But it really doesn't bother me that much. The other thing is the tube it comes in. Just imagine pushing vaseline through a tube like this. It isn't exactly easy. And I am sure it will only get harder after more and more of the product gets used up. It is nice how you can be sure you use every little bit of vaseline up in it's container, but this I'm sure would impossible to do that (unless you are cutting open the tube, at which point it becomes a bit unsanitary.)

Overall though I really like this product. Like I said it performs JUST like vaseline does for me, so I love that! I am willing to pay a bit more and deal with the inconvenient tube though because I like the more natural ingredients. I was kind of expecting the worst with this product (skin reactions, etc.) and have been so pleasantly surprised to only have a positive experience, and I am really impressed! I highly recommend it!
Jennifer J.
Jennifer J.
This jelly is a wonderful alternative to Vaseline. I purchased it because I wanted to have something more natural to put on my lips at night to allow them to soften for easier exfoliation the next day. This keeps my lips from getting dry and cracked if you use it nightly. I didn't want to use Vaseline type products for this because of petroleum and since I am putting the product on my lips, sometimes it is inevitable that I am accidentally eating some of the product. I was previously purchasing a pricey lip ointment for this purpose, but I found that I was running out of it quickly, because of the small amount they give per tube. This container has plenty of product in it to last several months or more. It's a little messy while applying which is why it is a good idea to have a little spatula to scoop out product. A little goes a long way to protecting moisture on lips throughout the night. The next day my lips always exfoliate perfectly in the shower and are prepped for the day.  I have been using it everyday for over a year and have stocked up with several bottles. Highly recommend as moisture barrier for lips at night! I'm sure it would work great as a petroleum based product alternative for other uses as well.
Skittles T.
Skittles T.
It's a pretty good substitute for vaseline, but not great. It is quite thick and stiff. I could not get product out of the tube by just squeezing with my hands (both of them)! I ended up using pliers to squeeze with. When the tube was somewhat empty, I could do it myself but still not easily. That is a big negative for me. If this were put in a small jar, it would be a great improvement. It's also a little thicker than I wanted or would like.
Rena W.
Rena W.
This stuff is a great alternative to petroleum jelly! It is moisturizing and protective, and essentially serves the same purpose as petroleum jelly, but is a little bit thinner and castor-based. I enjoy the squeeze tube packaging so that I don't have to dig my fingers in. If I could change one thing, it's the smell, which to me is pretty rank and sort of like what I imagine rancid oil smells like. Overall though, good product!
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Fremont
I LOVE this product. When I first started Accutane, I was searching for a cruelty free version of Aquaphor because I knew I was going to need it for my lips. I ended up finding this at Whole Foods and I loved that it was not only cruelty free but also a more natural substitute to petroleum jelly! This stuff works wonders on my chapped lips, and I can't go a day without it!
Hilary B.
Hilary B.
Tuscaloosa, AL
Now I have always used the regular brand vaseline, but I have used this recently at a friends and it is worth its price. It locked in the moisture in my usually dry legs and elbows. The moisture lasted all day. I am going to pock me up some as soon as i go to the store. It is affordable and in a convenient bottle. The squeeze tube is way easy and less messy.
Whitley D.
Whitley D.
north hollywood
So I've only used this basically as a diaper cream for my son- especially while he was circumcised. It is great and I did not find anytjinf wrong with it at the time. I will beed to use it in different ways for a longer period of time to see how else it works but as far as i know, its a great
Product.
Katie H.
Katie H.
I am so glad I finally found a great natural alternative product to petroleum jelly. It has the same consistency but without all of the harsh chemicals. It's also not too expensive and I picked some up at target. It's good for so many uses and really lasts a long time. I will continue buying this product.
v i.
v i.
derby, KS
Ive used better products but it still met my expectations and was what I was looking for. I like that it makes my skin a bit glowy after use which was my favorite because I live for glory skin. I wish it was a bit more tacky because that means i know i have room to still work it into my skin.
Chanel C.
Chanel C.
Pullman, WA
If you would like an alternative to Vaseline or other non-vegan, not cruelty free petroleum products, this is a great option. It does everything Vaseline would do. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because of the price difference between it and traditional Vaseline.