Alba Botanica Sunless Tanning Lotion

When you need just a little sun-kissed glow, our easy-to-use, non-streaking self-tanning lotion absorbs quickly for a natural-looking tan in less than 3 UV-free hours. This is one of those rare times when it is better to go non-natural!

Has anyone used this on their face with acne-prone, dry skin?
Has anyone tried this product on their face? Did it make you break out?
Pros and cons of the product?
Start your review of Alba Botanica Sunless Tanning Lotion!
Letty S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
1,301 reviews
Alba Botanica Sunless Tanning Lotion uploaded by Letty S.
Purchased at: Walmart
I tried this product years ago l use to buy a dozen of this product some of this product l gave to my friends. l love this lotion. Its very rich and leave skin moisturized all day. It gives a nice tan without striking and lasted a couple of days as most of sunless tanners and works great on my skin.
Heather  G.
Kalamazoo, MI
Alba Botanica Sunless Tanning Lotion uploaded by Heather  G.
Purchased at: Amazon
Alba Botanica Sunless Tanning Lotion I’m really loving this! I’m very fair and try to avoid too much sun so I love a sunless tan. In the past I would look orange though, not cute! This stuff goes on just like lotion, it’s white and as you rub it in it’s clear. 3 hours later it’s noticeable! Do a second application for a deeper tan. It does have some of the unpleasant smell most sunless tanners have but I just wait 3 hours and shower. Smell is gone and color stays!
Eva S.
Vilnius, Lithuania
Alba Botanica Sunless Tanning Lotion uploaded by Eva S.
This is the only self tanner I use, so that should tell you something. Especially in comparison with so many I’ve used, it smells amazing (like pineapples), and it’s buildable. This completely removes the whole orange situation. Four stars for the amazing smell. Highly recommended!
Rebecca V.
1,226 reviews
Purchased at: Amazon
Found this on Amazon and I wanted to test it out, since I hate using tanning lotions that immediately make my skin so much darker to where it leaves streaks or uneven color. I’m not a pro at applying self tanners so this stuff is super beginner friendly! Gradual self tanners are just easier to use because it’s not super obvious if you miss a spot. The scent of this is nice too- not strong, and I love how it leaves my skin feeling soft. Hasn’t caused any body acne which I sometimes get from self tanning. It’s less than $10 on Amazon, and I think my bottle will last until the end of summer. I use it about 3X per week to keep up a natural, subtle tan. Overall, I’d totally recommend!!
Katrina S.
Deatsville, AL
Purchased at: TJ Maxx
It’s not awful but it didn’t really meet my expectations. First off, it doesn’t smell like some fake tans, but it sure doesn’t smell pleasant (although it didn’t really claim to). It went on pretty easy, but it doesn’t have a guide to it so it’s pretty difficult to figure out if you missed a spot. My legs came out very splotchy. It doesn’t give a deep tan, so if that’s what your looking for you either want a different product or a lot of applications. I kept it on for the recommended three hours and it took me about a shade or two darker.
erin. L.
Eastsound, WA
Alba Botanica Sunless Tanning Lotion uploaded by erin. L.
I haven't used a tanning product for about 10 years but wanted to give it a try and I bought this one based off the ingredients. I figured it would take a few applications based off reviews, but the day after applying I had such a nice bronze tint. I have applied it twice now and it has left such a natural looking glow! Edit with picture: the left is the day I first applied and the right was after two applications and a shower!
Kaitlynn R.
I love this product it helped me with tanning so much. I thought that I was going to be pale all summer but this helped and now I have a beautiful tan.
Nicole M.
Hazlet, NJ
I love this lotion. I moved back East from California so i noticed that my glow was gone. I started using this product and love it! Looks like i never left! No steaks and it looks so natural. I also have very sensitive skin and didn't have any irritation. The only downside is it does have a smell and you have to wait 15 minutes for it to really sink in to your skin before putting on your clothes. I recommend exfoliating before using and wash your hands right after your done.
Tori S.
Jackson, TN
I tried several self tanning lotions and I like this one the best. It doesn't streak and is super easy to apply. I could also see results after only one application. I have been using this for years and recommend trying it.
Veronica C.
Columbia, SC
As someone who is a little afraid to use sunless tanners, this one was pretty foolproof for me. No mess, no stains, no streaks, and best of all, no orange glow! Just a nice, healthy bronze glow that wasn't over the top. I got a lot of compliments after one application. Best of all, the ingredients are more naturally derived if that is a concern you have. Great self tanner at a great price point!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...