Add a Photo

Photos (9)
Marina L.
Marina L.
East Hanover, NJ

This fruit mask is interesting in that besides the content of fruit acids 6% contains also salicylic acid.  I did not immediately notice this tool, because it's inconspicuous. I studied the composition and realized that I need this. My skin is combined, but it's not completely determined, it's closer to normal, but it happens that there are inflammations and black spots, which I immediately want to get rid of and restore the pores back to normal. Having studied the information on the site, about fruit acids, a serious percentage of the content plus salicylic acid in the composition realized that often, as recommended by the manufacturer (every day) I can not use. I'll dry the skin. In general, I like acids, but I do not lose my head. I use mask-peeling only in the evening and not more than once a week, for me, even twice a week a lot, the mask does not aggressively behave, but removes everything that does not appear on the face and that I can see in the magnifying mirror from the first time . I apply a thin layer, I distribute with a finger, it smells nice and does not cause any unpleasant sensations. I leave for no more than five minutes, one minute is short, but I do not need to overdo it. To remove the mask I use a soft brush or sponge, I do this in order to completely remove the mask or rather what it turned into. These are such particles, very similar to scrub-roll, and just wash all the water with water is difficult (it does not work out). Sensations of tightness after the mask does not bother me, does not burn, burns, does not cause redness. The only thing, if it is bad to wash off then there are skin-spots on the skin, you can shake it, but it's better to wash it off immediately.
Gretchen O.
Gretchen O.
Wallingford, CT

At first, I was not sure how impressed I was with this face mask. However, I decided to give it a second, and effortful, chance. I upped my use of it to every other day, and left it on for at least twice as long as was recommended on the package and let me tell you my skin is so different than what it was. I had to stop using abrasive scrub exfoliants because it would just cause my skin to break out more, and cause excessive dehydration and peeling no matter what I did to combat it. I thought my skin was just sensitive. This is not the case at all. My skin is smoother, clearer, more supple and fresh than it has ever been. I still get the occasional spot here and there, and I still have stubborn blackheads on my nose but the overall texture and complexion is so much better than it once was. If you can get past the fact this isn't a peel in the sense you peel off a mask and are able to see the individual blackheads pulled out like a Biore nose strip, you will not be disappointed. I wash my face, put it on before my shower, and then wash it off after 10-20 minutes in the shower. For the price, and the ease of use, I recommend this 100%
Laura B.
Laura B.
Tampa, FL

Peels can send even the most experienced skincare enthusiast running for the hills!  If not gentle, they can really damage your facial skin.  This Porifying Mini Peel from Alba Botanica is the perfect recommendation for a gentle, at home weekly peel that works on many skin types.  My skin is not super sensitive but I do like to be careful when trying new products, especially on my face!  Alba Botanica has made another winner here.  The peel comes in a cheery bright blue tube with clear explanations about use, ingredients, etc.  I use this once a week, usually on Sunday evenings so I can have a fresh start for Monday's makeup.  I purchased mine at Marshalls, but it is readily available online and has an appealing price point for all budgets.  The peel smells very fresh and clean and although you will feel a slight tingle, it is non-damaging.  I am a major Alba Botanica user and I can definitely recommend this product with confidence.  In addition, Alba Botanica uses all natural items when formulating their products.  They are completely cruelty free with no animal testing or by-products!
N C.
N C.

This is a nice, gentle peel; and I like it that way. I have super-sensitive skin. Before trying this product, the word "peel" made me naively assume it would inflame and redden my skin. As I was familiar with Alba products, I dared to try, to trust this well-intended botanical line. While in the shower, I washed my face with my favorite cleanser.

Afterwards, I squeezed about a quarter-sized dollop on my palm & applied this on my face. This product's consistency was easy to manipulate on to my face. I especially focused on my eternally dotted nose (blackheads). I waited two minutes without feeling the burning sensation I feared. No negative reactions. Nada. I then gently rinsed this peel off of my face with a bamboo, hypo-allergenic wash cloth (told you I was sensitive!).

When I dried my face, my face felt clean, refreshed, renewed. I didn't see decreased pores at first. But I'm patient. I continued to trust and try. I think I started noticing a difference & my dot-less nose after using this once a week for a few weeks. Yay! It's very affordable too.
Ariel B.
Ariel B.

I'm giving this 3 stars because this mini peel is just all around average. It's not a bad price, but there are probably better deals out there. If you're in the drugstore and want to give it a try, I wouldn't advise against this product, but I wouldn't give it a glowing recommendation either. I've been using this 2-3 times a week for over a month and I've noticed a small difference in how clean my skin is and the size of my pores right after use, but it isn't anything to write home about. If you're expecting it to drastically shrink your pores or keep your face clear of sebum, you'll be let down. It's most effective as a follow up makeup remover in my opinion. It's very gentle, has a nice citrus smell, isn't tested on animals, and uses a lot of plant based ingredients. I'll probably save up for something that packs more of a punch though.
Cristina T.
Cristina T.

I love the way this makes my face feel.This face wash is amazing and is my go to every night when winding down. It's really good for sensitive skin such as mine. I usually use this cleanser with a Clarisonic brush right before bed and it never disappoints with how fresh and clean it makes my face feel!   While I have the mask on it has a cooling/refreshing effect. Afterwards it makes my face feel so smooth and refreshed. I like to use this mask about once a week just to do a good deep clean. Another benefit of this mask is that it doesn't contain any harsh chemicals and contains 100% vegetarian ingredients. I would recommend this mask if you like to relax and unwind while doing a mask, because if feels so relaxing and refreshing while it's on. It's a great way to unwind after a long day.
Sara H.
Sara H.

I was extremely nervous about this product because I have super sensitive skin. However the first time I tried it, I was hooked. I'm one of those people who needs to feel or see immediate proof that somethings working. The first time I put this on my face, I was expecting it to burn the crap out of my already red face but to my surprise the tingling wasn't that bad; when I washed it off I was amazed. My pores looked smaller/cleaner and my face felt so soft. The only issue I have is that my face is red for the next 10 hours or so, so if you have sensitive skin I would recommend using this before bed and not the night before a special occasion unless you know how your skin reacts.
Amy Y.
Amy Y.

I am not a fan of this peel. If you are looking for chemical exfoliation where you can see real results, I would not recommend buying this product. Maybe it's because my skin is already used to harsher peels, or maybe it's because the fruit enzymes used in this product have not been proven to be effective chemical exfoliants.
The formula itself is a bit to liquidy for my liking, since it is hard to build up and even layer of application. I have found that after I rinse off, my skin actually feels rougher and the texture gets worse! There are no benefits in terms of an exfoliation aspect, and the smell itself, like sharp or sour fruit, is a little off-putting.
Kayla W.
Kayla W.

This product pleasantly surprised me. I picked this up at Marshalls, not really expecting much from it. It smells like grapefruit which was refreshing, but not overwhelming. When applied, it does have a tingling sensation, but I didn't think it burned to the point where I couldn't stand it. Also, this peel does not dry. That's important to know. Think of this like a chemical peel you'd receive in a dermatologist office, not the cheap stuff you pick up on an end cap at Walmart. After rinsing it off, my pores definitely looked super clear and definitely smaller. Also, my face was so soft!!! The few breakouts I had seemed to clear up quicker as well.
Melissa V.
Melissa V.
Accokeek, MD

I suffer from a lot of redness on my cheeks and around my nose ,breakouts on my chin ,around my mouth area and dryness on my cheeks. A few months ago i tried this alba peel once or twice a week depending on my skin and this is the first product that doesn't leave my skin too oily or dry, that soothes my redness and that has prevented the breakouts that I used to get very regularly. In fact, since I started using this product I've only gotten one pimple! My skin is the best it's ever been. Highly recommend this mask for everyone that wants a smooth skin.
Sam V.
Sam V.
Atlantic Highlands, NJ

Does this stuff really work? I've tried so many peel products and they all seem to clog my pores even more!
Neslie D.
Neslie D.

I've been looking for a good one peeling for my face... I want to try this one do anyone know if it's good? It's really peel the dead skin?
Sarah F.
Sarah F.
Winter Garden, FL

Is this good for sensitive skin? I've used these masks before and gotten a super fine rash :/
Faith R.
Faith R.

As bunny from grav3yardgirl would say "does this thing really work???"
Rhiannon G.
Rhiannon G.

Does this work? How long is best to keep it on?

Join Now