BY ALBA BOTANICA #91 in Facial Cleansers

When toxin-retention prevents your skin from truly coming clean, it’s time to peel away the problem. Powered by 6% Alpha Hydroxy Acids, the unique Fruit Acid Detox Fusion helps this fast-acting gel quickly eliminate dull surface cells, dissolve stubborn pollutants and release imbedded toxins. In just minutes, pores seem to disappear and skin looks bright, smooth and completely revitalized.

• oil-free

• What does this mask do? Any difference in skin and how long after...1 Answers
Gretchen O.
Gretchen O.
Wallingford, CT
At first, I was not sure how impressed I was with this face mask. However, I decided to give it a second, and effortful, chance. I upped my use of it to every other day, and left it on for at least twice as long as was recommended on the package and let me tell you my skin is so different than what it was. I had to stop using abrasive scrub exfoliants because it would just cause my skin to break out more, and cause excessive dehydration and peeling no matter what I did to combat it. I thought my skin was just sensitive. This is not the case at all. My skin is smoother, clearer, more supple and fresh than it has ever been. I still get the occasional spot here and there, and I still have stubborn blackheads on my nose but the overall texture and complexion is so much better than it once was. If you can get past the fact this isn't a peel in the sense you peel off a mask and are able to see the individual blackheads pulled out like a Biore nose strip, you will not be disappointed. I wash my face, put it on before my shower, and then wash it off after 10-20 minutes in the shower. For the price, and the ease of use, I recommend this 100%
N C.
N C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a nice, gentle peel; and I like it that way. I have super-sensitive skin. Before trying this product, the word "peel" made me naively assume it would inflame and redden my skin. As I was familiar with Alba products, I dared to try, to trust this well-intended botanical line. While in the shower, I washed my face with my favorite cleanser.

Afterwards, I squeezed about a quarter-sized dollop on my palm & applied this on my face. This product's consistency was easy to manipulate on to my face. I especially focused on my eternally dotted nose (blackheads). I waited two minutes without feeling the burning sensation I feared. No negative reactions. Nada. I then gently rinsed this peel off of my face with a bamboo, hypo-allergenic wash cloth (told you I was sensitive!).

When I dried my face, my face felt clean, refreshed, renewed. I didn't see decreased pores at first. But I'm patient. I continued to trust and try. I think I started noticing a difference & my dot-less nose after using this once a week for a few weeks. Yay! It's very affordable too.
Ariel B.
Ariel B.
I'm giving this 3 stars because this mini peel is just all around average. It's not a bad price, but there are probably better deals out there. If you're in the drugstore and want to give it a try, I wouldn't advise against this product, but I wouldn't give it a glowing recommendation either. I've been using this 2-3 times a week for over a month and I've noticed a small difference in how clean my skin is and the size of my pores right after use, but it isn't anything to write home about. If you're expecting it to drastically shrink your pores or keep your face clear of sebum, you'll be let down. It's most effective as a follow up makeup remover in my opinion. It's very gentle, has a nice citrus smell, isn't tested on animals, and uses a lot of plant based ingredients. I'll probably save up for something that packs more of a punch though.
Amy Y.
Amy Y.
I am not a fan of this peel. If you are looking for chemical exfoliation where you can see real results, I would not recommend buying this product. Maybe it's because my skin is already used to harsher peels, or maybe it's because the fruit enzymes used in this product have not been proven to be effective chemical exfoliants.
The formula itself is a bit to liquidy for my liking, since it is hard to build up and even layer of application. I have found that after I rinse off, my skin actually feels rougher and the texture gets worse! There are no benefits in terms of an exfoliation aspect, and the smell itself, like sharp or sour fruit, is a little off-putting.
Chioma O.
Chioma O.
Brooklyn, NY
This has been my saving grace this season! I absolutely love this as an exfoliation aid. Not a times goes by that I use this product and the dead skin literally lifts of my face. I usually leave it on for ten minutes and the glow I get right after is amazing. I'd want to advise those with sensitive skin however; a bit of tingling occurs when using this product, so be careful! overall I have nothing more than positive things to say about this product and recommend it to people with oily and combination skin. It really balances you out.
Rosemary P.
Rosemary P.
North Port, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This face peel works wonders for clogged pores and deep pores. Everyone in our house uses this. I use it to continually keep my pores clean. My husband uses it because he has large pores and it makes his face look and feel better. And my preteen son uses this to help unclog his pores and blackheads. It goes on smooth and drys into a harder gel like substance that you can peel right off your face. It usually comes right off in 1 piece and you can literally see the dirt and skin on it afterwards.
Laura D.
Laura D.
West Chester, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the first peel I have ever tried. I have suffered from bad adult acne for several years and lately it has just gotten much worse. I was browsing the target shelves the other day and noticed this and thought I'd give it a try... I have used it three times now and have already noticed a HUGE difference in my skin. I noticed right away that my skin felt smoothr and softer. It has continued to clear up since I added this peel into my weekly regimen. I HIGHLY recommend this product!
Kate M.
Kate M.
I'm always looking for something to improve my pore situation so when I saw this, I was excited to give it a try. I followed the directions by applying a generous later to my face. It said to leave it on for 1-5 minutes. I couldn't bare to leave it on for more than 2 minutes because my skin was burning so badly. After i removed it, I had to hold a cold cloth on my face to help it stop burning. I wouldn't consider my skin to be sensitive either. I would not recommend this product.
Brittany V.
Brittany V.
Dumont, NJ
This product is pretty good, but not my favorite one to use on my skin. While it doesn't necessarily work for myself, I'm sure it works for others. Though it smells amazing, the tingling feeling tends to be more of a burn for me, and it leaves my skin a little red, but it also leaves it smooth after. I honestly have seen no difference in my skin since using this product, therefore I most likely won't purchase it again, but who knows. Maybe it just isn't meant for me.
Cheyenne W.
Cheyenne W.
Atlanta, GA
I have very sensitive skin and was worried that it may burn or cause redness and that was not the case! It's a liquid gel-like consistency that smells of fruit and goes on your skin with ease. I use it 2-3 times a week with days in between. It causes a slight tingling sensation. The only con for this product is that it does not peel off, you have to wash it off. I've been using this product for almost half a year, and my skin has never been clearer.
Neslie D.
Neslie D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been looking for a good one peeling for my face... I want to try this one do anyone know if it's good? It's really peel the dead skin?
Sam V.
Sam V.
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Does this stuff really work? I've tried so many peel products and they all seem to clog my pores even more!
Nneka P.
Nneka P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been looking for a peel off facial mask. Does this hurt? How does it smell? Is it for sensitive skin?
Faith R.
Faith R.
As bunny from grav3yardgirl would say "does this thing really work???"
Rhiannon G.
Rhiannon G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this work? How long is best to keep it on?