BY ALASKA AIRLINES #5 in Airlines

Alaska Airlines
  • "I even saw another passenger talking to a flight attendant about a book when everyone was getting off the plane and the passenger gave the attendant the book." in 11 reviews
  • "Have flown with many airlines in past, but recently I have chosen Alaska because their customer service is so far superior and planes are always clean!" in 11 reviews
  • "I recently flew with them in May 2015 to Anchorage, Alaska and love the upgrades of being able to charge you phone while you fly no matter If your in economy or first class." in 6 reviews
  • "I always have a great experience with Alaskan Airlines, their staff is really friendly and they make my flight smoother. " in 6 reviews
  • "Would definitely recommend to anyone, and the pricing is usually fair except in high seasons" in 5 reviews
Christine N.
Seattle
I can always count on Alaska flights to get me where I need to be in whatever weather conditions are present. My most memorable experience was flying out of Sun Valley just as a blizzard was approaching. While all other flights were cancelled, my flight never was. I was sweating profusely boarding the plane (despite it being a solid 7 degrees outside) our of fear that we weren’t going to make it out, but after takeoff, you never would have know that a storm was coming in. Took off on time, and landed on time. Never had an issue with flight attendants. The food onboard, while it isn’t exactly cheap, is always delicious and worth it. When there is in flight entertainment available, the selection is spectacular. I can always find something good to watch. Most flights have outlets in the seats (unless your flight is under an hour, then they usually do not). If I could afford more flights with Alaska, I would always choose to fly with them.

Stephanie F.
My boyfriend flew Alaska for business for a month, maybe 5 flights max recently, but we were surprised to get an email about a free Maroon 5 concert near us that Alaska was putting on for all of it's members. They sponsored the whole concert and it was about 20 minutes from us here in the Bay Area. There was different tiers of seating based on type of membership - but still the lawn area was a free for all and we had a great time. I flew Alaska again recently for a short trip to Portland, and I was really impressed with them accommodating all of the passengers really quickly even though it was overbooked.
Megan B.
Thornton
I grew up in Seattle, so for a very long time, Alaska was the only airlines I flew. After flying other airlines, I realized Alaska is unusual in that they are significantly easier to fly. Their app and website are easy to use to purchase tickets, track flights, and pick seats. The app also tells you what luxuries will be available on each flight (if there will be free WiFi, movies, a phone charger, and which food options are available). The flight attendants are always super sweet. I was once traveling while sick, and I let the flight attendant know as soon as I boarded. They, in turn, did everything they could to make me comfortable. They gave me free ginger ale, some stomach relieving ginger mints, and an extra pillow.
I have a few friends and family members who work for Alaska Airlines, and they love working for this company. They feel as though they are being compensated well for their time and their work, and often really enjoy their coworkers.
The one downside of flying Alaska is their baggage fees. Checking one bag can range from $25 to $50
Lena L.
Tacoma
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I don’t remember having horrible experiences with Alaska airlines. Stewardesses are always very sweet and helpful. I guess your experience would really depend on who’s flying with you and who sitting right next to you. Maybe I was just lucky. I still wouldn’t give it a five star though because of water they provide. Any airplane I would fly has the most disgusting water I ever tried, and for that reason I always have to buy myself bottle of water at duty-free.
Leena A.
Atlanta
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The first and last time I rode this plane, the plane shut off in mid air and started dropping. I’m not kidding, the lights went out and I could feel us free falling. When we finally landed, everyone clapped because they were so relieved.

That being said, I’ll give them three stars because the crew handled it very professionally and gracefully. Still traumatized though so it’ll be a while before I get back on one of these planes!
Megan E.
Melbourne, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
It’s a big deal when an airline gets 4 stars from me! We lived in Alaska for 3 years so every time my husband and I traveled we had these guys. Free military checked bags, hassle free check ins, and great customer service. They also had good quality television screens built into the seat in front of you. I can’t bring myself to give any airline 5 stars but these guys have been the absolute standouts in our travels to date.
Meagan G.
I've been flying since I was five years old. I wasn't fully able to appreciate a good airline then, I don't even remember which we flew during childhood. As an adult, I've flown on many airlines, to many destinations, and though there are many I appreciate (and some that I would never recommend), Alaskan is by far my favorite. Of all of the experiences I have had, as an adult, those with Alaskan were by far the best.
Brittany C.
Stanton, KY
We flew from Anchorage to Kentucky. The flight was pleasant. The seats were a bit cramped but that’s to be expected. The tickets were ridiculously expensive and cost us about $2000 for two tickets. I was pregnant when I flew with them and very sick. They were so nice to me and gave me crackers and cold drinks to make sure I was comfortable. Over all the service was great. The prices are what makes me not want to choose them to fly.
Tasia B.
Kingman , AZ
The only reason I'm leaving a review is they're so terrible. They have made me miss multiple flights, the flight attendants are rude, and so are the people at the desk. When flying out of the US they made me miss a flight by not notifying the next location that we were delayed. We missed a full day in Spain and they're only consolation was a $10 -no alcohol- coupon. It didn't even pay for a fast food meal.
Chanel L.
Oʻahu, Hawaiʻi
I flew on Alaska airlines due to business, and it wasn't very appealing at all. I was flying from HI to CA. The seats are extra small (I'm 5'7" 130 lbs.) and I barely fit. Never in my life have a felt so fat sitting in such a crammed seat.

I'm used to flying on Hawaiian airlines and they offer a lot of complimentary drinks throughout the flight and food. Alaska absolutely does not!

The flight attendants weren't very friendly either. They only made about three passes throughout the flight. They didn't really seem to care to ask if anything was needed or if passengers had any concerns.

I would recommend this airlines basically for college students who are most likely in a tight spot for money. Just don't get your hopes up with this airlines. Especially if you're a frequent flyer with Hawaiian airlines.
Kaitlyn R.
Do you find cheaper Alaska airlines flights on orbitz or the Alaska airlines site?
Jasmin R.
Santa Rosa, CA
When are airplane tickets cheap to buy?
Michela D.
Eagle River, AK
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
What is the best deal you have gotten through Alaska Airlines?
Sara W.
Avon, MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I'm interested in traveling to Alaska and am wondering if this is the best option. Does anyone have specific feedback?
Andrea F.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
What are the baggage fees like?