Alan Wake  uploaded by Talissa G.Alan Wake  uploaded by R3tro C.

BY ALAN WAKE

• Did anyone else find this game to be really hard? I absol...1 Answers
  • Someone please explain this game to me! it looks great bu...3 Answers
  • How hard was Nightmare Mode?1 Answers
Alan Wake
  • "Your main weapon is a flash light and the mystery surrounding the story line can only be compared to a Stephen King novel." in 11 reviews
  • "It's basically story mode through out the whole game A great game with good graphics, can be creepy at times and has interesting game play" in 5 reviews
Kristen N.
The star rating makes it seem like I didn't like this game, I did- In fact, I think it's a very good game and it's quite frightening but I don't feel like it's frightening enough. I'm one of those people who tries to judge horror games on how well they fit the horror genre. This does pretty well, but it feels like a better thriller movie than a horror game. The monster design is super nifty, the sort of watery design, and the storyline is interesting. It's got a lot going for it but it just falls a little short, I sound very critical of this game but you should absolutely play it if you like the horror feel but something that you could enjoy for what it is.
Alyssa H.
Knoxville, TN
This is the best survival horror game that has been released in a while, in my opinion. It's not as scary as some, such as the Silent Hill series, but it's still very thrilling. The atmosphere is absolutely wonderful. The creators did an incredible job of bringing the town of Bright Falls to life and making it thoroughly creepy after the sun sets.

The story is very unique and creative, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. It's full of twists and turns that lead to a surprising ending. I also love the incorporation of pop culture references and how seamlessly writing was woven into the story. You can tell the creators have a love for writing and horror stories.

The gameplay is great as well, adding an extra layer with the flashlight that really keeps things interesting. Overall, I loved this game and heartily recommend it!
Ashley T.
Belleville, MI
Alan Wake is an Xbox 360 exclusive, and more recently available on the PC. When this game was released, I instantly became interested in it. From day one, I couldn't set down my controller! The atmosphere and story line of the game was beyond one of the greatest I've ever experienced. After playing, I went and bought the collector's edition to support Remedy games. This is my favorite game of all time.
Kayla S.
Waukesha, WI
This is the first "real" video game I ever played, and boy, am I glad I played it. The controls are relatively simple as long as you remember them...there are quite a few different ones though, as there are many weapons you can use. There's a lot of interaction in the game as far as tvs and radios go, which throw you further into the story. It is pretty scary and even easy, there were moments that were really tough for me to complete, and even had to restart the scene a few times, which was frustrating at times. This has a great storyline and is very unique.
Ashley M.
Schaumburg, IL
I got this game as a free download when I had purchased my Xbox 360. I immediately thought it would be a bad game, since they were giving it to me for free. Usually, from my experience, all games received from purchasing the gaming system weren't very good. But, I gave the game a chance, and I'm so glad that I did! It was very different from other games I had played, and it definitely had me jumping at parts. Game play is nice and so is the graphics. The idea of the game is great too. I would definitely check this game out if you're looking for something to play.
Lauren O.
Hazelwood, MO
I loved the game. I always love a good mystery, but this game rocked so hard. During the nightmare scenes (when you have to shine the flashlight then shoot), are the scariest. It's like Silent Hill a bit becasue you don't know where they are or where they are going. Before they attack, you would just see them from teh corner of the screen or something. Super creepy. I will say, I was not happy with how short the game was. That made me mad. I wanted it to last longer. The ending was just "ok".
Carolyn R.
Wilmington, NC
I thought this was a great storyline with an eerie feel to it. There is that feeling like watching a horror movie and waiting for something to jump out at you. I really liked the mixture of fighting sequences with puzzle solving. This is great for any RPG fan. The only unfortunate thing that happened to me was hitting two glitches where I had to go back and re-complete two pretty difficult scenes because it wouldn't advance properly. Kind of a bummer. All in all two thumbs up though.
Carrie B.
Morrisville, NC
Alan Wake was a refreshing new take on the Survival Horror genre. It was really nice to see a game that truly attempted to pull you in to the despair felt by the main character. Your main weapon is a flash light and the mystery surrounding the story line can only be compared to a Stephen King novel. The awesome blend of terror, action, and story line is a perfect blend the likes I haven't seen since Fatal Frame. This game was truly amazing.
Misty A.
This game is really interesting if you like thrillers and mysteries. While it has a survival horror feel I wouldn't exactly put it along the lines of Silent Hill or early Resident Evil games. It's pretty fun but can be a bit frustrating at times with shooting and certain camera angles. All around it is a very intriguing game.If they decide to make a second one I would definitely be interested in it.
Rebekka R.
This is by far the best suspense game I've ever played. At the very beginning, the action starts, which is great! And after each episode you play, it leaves you with a slight cliff hanger and you can't wait to see what happens next. The music at the end of each Episode is also a plus...my favorite is the one at the end of Episode Two. :) Anyways, it's a great game!
Deborah F.
Fort Scott, KS
Is this game for the pc too? I love games like this. and this one sounds like it will be a fun game to play. I haven't found an excellent game in a long time.. Thank you. :)
Shelby H.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What was your favorite parts of Alan Wake?
Dana D.
Neenah, WI
Someone please explain this game to me! it looks great but not sure about buying it yet!
Natalie P.
Brooklyn, NY
Did anyone else find this game to be really hard? I absolutely loved the story and the setting, so I was super excited when I purchased it. However both my boyfriend and I (he's much better at video games than me) found this game almost impossible to play in some of the sequences. Did anyone else find it a bit difficult? Maybe there was something we were doing wrong or maybe we just suck.
Zach H.
Bossier City, LA
Anyone know if there's a chance of an Alan Wake 2 coming out soon?