Alamos Malbec uploaded by Stacie F.

BY ALAMOS

Alamos Malbec
  • "I'm not a huge fan of red wines, but one of my best friends drinks this religiously." in 2 reviews
  • "Alamos Malbec is very good with a meal and also as a before dinner drink with snacks." in 2 reviews
  • "You can find it at most local grocery stores and even some drugstore such as walgreens." in 2 reviews
  • "I'm a big fan of Malbecs but this was too dry for me." in 1 review
  • "Its fruity an a little bit spicy." in 1 review
Ana C.
This is one of the best wines you can find for such a low price. They sell for $7 to $9 a bottle and it pairs well with anything. It is a smooth wine and very easy to drink. The best vintage I have had so far of this wine is the 2013. The ones that have followed since have been good but not quite as great. I still recommend this wine and I make sure to keep a bottle of it in my bar car at all times.
Emily R.
COLUMBIA, SC
Malbec is my favorite variety of wine and it seems like the pickings are pretty slim for it. This wine is very affordable, but pretty sub par. It was pretty oaky, which some may enjoy, but I found it to be off for the familiar Malbec taste that I enjoy so much.
Ashley D.
Greenville, PA
Very smooth red wine.  Some sweet wines can still have a bite to them or be overly sweet, but this one is a perfect combination.  I was recommended this by the local beverage store worker, and I wasn't disappointed.  I have recommended it to friends who will now drink wine.
Stacie F.
Holly Lake Ranch, TX
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
I picked this up on a recent shopping trip and was pleased with my purchase. It is not the best Malbec, but considering its relatively inexpensive, has a nice taste. I'll definitely buy again! It's a good every day wine.
Camille D.
Malbec is one of my favorite wines and this one is such a great affordable option! It tastes just as good as some of my favorite more expensive Malbecs and it's about $8-10 at your local liquor store. Such a good find!
Candace A.
A bottle of Alamo is usually around 10 dollars, for the price you get a nice Argentine Malbec. The flavor is great for red meats and pasta! Its not my favorite but it's easy to find in any grocery store or even CVS/Walgreens. I would for sure reccomend this for someone looking for a good wine on a budget.
Jamie M.
This is a great, affordable malbec. It has a nice fruity flavor with a dry finish. I've bought several bottled of Alamos Malbec, and it is consistently great tasting. I think you can pick this up at the grocery store for around $15 a bottle, which is a great value considering the quality of this wine.
Hannah V.
Berwyn, PA
I generally don't like red wines, but this is very easy to enjoy. My friends who love red wine and usually buy more expensive bottles loved this. They were thrilled when I told them that this was pretty inexpensive! I love it paired with a flavorful pasta or nice steak.
Milanie L.
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
I love Malbec! Since I first tried Malbec, I have yet to switch to any other wine. Alamos wine was absolutely tasty! I love there was no bitterness to it and I can enjoy it with just about any meal, and even alone for happy hour! Great price at wine/spirits store or even a local grocery store. Definitely worth trying!
Eric G.
This is a solid buy for the price point. It is pretty standard fare for an Argentine Malbec. Expect a strong tannin character and some earthly undertones, the final effect is a very balanced table wine, perfect for casual dining. You could very well spend a lot more on a worse bottle of wine.

So next time, instead of getting a disappointing french table wine or say a California Merlot, go for an Argentine Malbec, and Alamos is a good choice.
Ashley K.
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
I'm a big Malbec fan, is this any good?