BY ALAMO RENT-A-CAR #3 in Rental Car Companies

• Has anyone else ever rented from Alamo?!19 Answers
  • Is there a Alamo that will pick you up and drop you off? 6 Answers
  • Do you have to have a credit card to rent a car? 3 Answers
Alamo Rent-A-Car
  • "The customer service was good unfortunately they didn't have any of the car I reserved and wanted to stick me in a minivan or smaller vehicle." in 12 reviews
Sylvia C.
After years of being very loyal to Avis, we are now an Alamo Rent-A-Car family. We love that self check-in kiosks are standard at Alamo airport locations (at least they've been there at all the different airports we've traveled to) and we love being able to choose our own car. Granted, the options aren't always amazing ... but it's so much better than being assigned a car that smells like smoke and having to go through a whole process trying to switch cars. We find the cheapest prices through Costco's online travel portal. If at all possible, we choose Alamo!
Courtney L.
Manalapan, NJ
I rented with Alamo in Houston this past summer and it was the smoothest car rental experience I have had to date. I checked in in advance so I was able to go straight to my car and choose any one within the category. Dropoff was just as seamless as pickup even though I was returning the car to another airport. The rates were super reasonable. I will be using Alamo again for an upcoming visit to Fort Lauderdale and looking forward to the experience.
Stephanie S.
Not a horrendous experience, but definitely the worst car-rental experience I have had yet.

Somehow with only 3 people in line ahead of us at the Tucson Airport location (we also had a reservation). We waited 2 hours to be helped, and the help was not particularly helpful, informative or friendly.

Will definitely be going elsewhere for our car rental needs from now on, even if the cost is 2 or 3 times as expensive.
Sophia M.
Globetrotter Expert
To me, this is the best rental car's agency, Their workers are friendly, they give you lot of differents services options and they are the best in prices. They have the option of renting cars of the year at the best price and you can also ask to get a GPS . When it's about traveling, renting a car is one of the first things I do on my list, It makes your life easier. I higly recommend it !!
Jada E.
Grayson, GA
Just rented a van from Alamo (via Costco's concierge service) and was very pleased with the customer service. The van was pretty new, and we put 1600 miles on it in Arizona! One complaint: The rep tried to talk us into an upgrade (a Buick Enclave), that would have been much more crowded than the van! I hate the upgrade sales. That said, will definitely use Alamo again when needed....
Stephen F.
New Riegel, OH
We flew into Boston for a Wedding and it was the first time ever renting a car. I was a little nervous to say the least. The Alamo guy at the counter got the paperwork around and made it easy and painless. Then when we got to the car lot everyone was so helpful. They even upgraded us! Highly recommend Alamo, and will be using them again on the next adventure!
Sharon I.
Alamo makes check-in convenient with your choice between using a kiosk or the desk. I have a Costco discount and Alamo almost always has the lowest price for the size car I want. I have had some nightmare experiences with other rental companies with long lines and give you car models that are inferior. Alamo rarely has that problem.
Emily B.
Excellent customer service at the Orlando Sanford International Airport. A bit of a lengthy walk from baggage claim, but they had an ample car selection. The best part was allowing us to walk through the parking lot and try our car seat in multiple cars to find the right fit. Great price too! Would definitely rent from them again.
Kimberly G.
Reseda, CA
I have only rented from Alamo once in Boston but the experience was so awful I don't think i would try them out again. First they only had about 4 cars to choose from and secondly the gentlemen who assisted us did not know any answers to our questions. I am not sure if it was his first day but that was enough to never go back.
catherine c.
Edgewater, NJ
Alamo rental car service is usually good, but it totally depends on the locations. If you want to know whether it's good enough, I think you should check that specific location's review on google or yelp. I have really good experiences with Alamo in Hawaii airport and I always go back to Alamo when I need a car there.
Jasmin J.
Orlando, FL
Globetrotter Expert
Has anyone else ever rented from Alamo?!
Sandra G.
Raleigh, NC
Is there a Alamo that will pick you up and drop you off?
robin N.
Buckeye, AZ
Globetrotter Expert
Will you at anytime consider having some Subaru Forrester vehicles for rental?
Brandi M.
Do you have to have a credit card to rent a car?
Alexis P.
South Hadley, MA
Globetrotter Expert
Does Alamo pick up and drop off like some other Rentsl Car Companies?