BY ALAMO RENT-A-CAR #4 in Rental Car Companies

• Has anyone else ever rented from Alamo?!19 Answers
  • Is there a Alamo that will pick you up and drop you off? 6 Answers
  • Do you have to have a credit card to rent a car? 4 Answers
Alamo Rent-A-Car
  • "The customer service was good unfortunately they didn't have any of the car I reserved and wanted to stick me in a minivan or smaller vehicle." in 12 reviews
Samantha K.
Beaverton, OR
In Hawaii I ended up leaving my cellphone in the rental car we had just dropped off. Now with a screaming 6 month old, I didn’t realize it until we had reached the airport. We stayed on the shuttle bus and had the driver assist us, he called them at the site and had the employees search the cars. Apparently, it was a mad chase because so many cars were being moved, cleaned, and sent out. We literally had less than an hour before our flight would start boarding and my husband and I both had work the next day. It was so stressful, we were just standing in the lot, thinking let’s forget the phone and go. Suddenly the manager came rushing out with it saying it was in the lost and found, and so we waited at the stop for our shuttle but it wasn’t coming. The same manager came back and told us to get into her car and she would personally drive us to the airport! We were so shocked but super appreciative! We got to the airport with 25 minutes before boarding and my husband nearly had a heart attack. We want to thank everyone who assisted us that day and the wonderful manager who showed us so much kindness and generosity! We never expected such customer service, everyone went above and beyond their jobs that day. Thank you!
Lundyn W.
I recently used this company when my boyfriend and I traveled to Puerto Rico. She greeted us in Spanish, and spoke to my boyfriend in spanish, however when she realized I didn't speak it, she gave me the biggest smile and spoke in English so I would understand the conversation. This wasn't needed, as my boyfriend is from Puerto Rico and was born speaking Spanish. But the fact that she wanted to involve me was so friendly and amazing. She helped us pick out the prefect vehicle for our trip and gave us all the necessary information. Picking up and returning was such a breeze.
Bekki Z.
Horicon, WI
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Had a reservation for a minivan rental. Arrived on time on a Saturday morning; only one employee working the counter so the waiting line started to fill up pretty quickly. When we reached the counter, the lady working informed us that we needed a different vehicle because there had been hail damage to a lot of their vehicles and there were no minivans. We checked out, walked to the parking lot, and gave the attendant our slip. He pointed at a vehicle saying it was ours, but another woman was putting her things into it. He went over to talk to her, she unloaded her items, and then we were able to get in the road.
Melissa S.
Desert Hot Springs, CA
I recently traveled cross-country with my 8 month old and husband to visit family. When we landed at the airport it was almost 10 p.m. and we went to the rental car agency to get our car. I called an advance to make sure they would take a debit card since I do not have a credit card and they assured me they would. When we arrived they informed me they cannot take my debit card and they have to have a credit card and when we explain to them we had called in advance then all of a sudden they say they can but they need to hold almost a $600 deposit until the car is returned. We did not have those types of funds for them just to hold as we would be visiting for two weeks without getting any direct deposits into our account and needed that money. They were not willing to work with us and they went back and forth contradicting their policies and what they said. So my husband myself and our eight-month-old or stranded 3 hours away from our family in an airport until someone can come pick us up since they would not work with us to rent a car.
Macy M.
Minneapolis , MN
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I rented a car a few weeks ago to drive from Seattle to Vancouver and when our car got broken into in Vancouver, their roadside assistance was extremely helpful. They were very understanding of our situation and made it easy for us to get the car exchanged for a different one so we could make our drive back to Seattle the next day. We got overcharged for renting a car for one day though, when we were told it would be part of our original rental agreement and wouldn’t have to pay extra for another car.
Elizabeth G.
Rented from Alamo several times, always left happy, had good reliable cars. Once they didn’t have the reserve car I ordered so they upgraded me for free. I always pre ordered/ reserved online and never had a major problem. One time I wasn’t sure how to extend a car so I called their 800 number and was currently out of state... they did it perfect and got me taken care of on the phone for an extra day rental. Everyone was kind, and professional on every rental both in person and over the phone. It is my preferred rental car place by far. Not all rental car places are unlimited miles so always watch for that!! Alamo is unlimited and a big reason I use them... I mostly rent for out of state trips or long drives.
Only dislike is they said we can only use credit cards but I had more then enough on my debit, plus had their extra insurance. What could happen when I paid all up front and took all their optional coverage?
Angie S.
When my husband and I last went to Florida, we rented a car from Alamo Rent-A-Car to travel to different amusement parks. This was such a better, and cheaper, way to travel on vacation. Not only was the price great, but so was the car we were given as well as the service of the company overall. If you’re traveling and you need to go to different locations, I highly recommend renting a car for the day instead of relying on taxis or car services.
Vanessa G.
Mountain View, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Oh Alamo. I mean I don’t know if this goes for all rental car companies, but they really try to gouge you. They tried to sneak on insurance and at the end of the trip when I came home I was able to call and speak to a supervisor who reversed the silly charges. But it was a hassle. Even though I had made the reservation online, we didn’t end up getting the truck we had originally made the reservation for. Which did make it a little easier to get our money back when I complained about not getting the truck we reserved and having insurance tacked on when we went to pick up the vehicle. Watch out for those insurance charges because they can really add up. Mind you, I had opted out of the insurance when I made the original reservation online. They can get a little sneaky when you actually go to pick up the vehicle.
Lisa M.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
We rented a cross over category at the DFW airport because we needed six seats, but when we got there, they tried to put us into a smaller car. We stood there kind of dumbfounded, so the helper was nice enough to go look around and find a car that could seat six of us and our luggage. We would have been at a loss if she didn't go find the right car. We booked through Costco, so I'm not sure I'd that helped or not.
Nikki K.
Lino Lakes, MN
We used Alamo for our last vacation in Denver and o would recommend. The car we rented was really nice and the staff was friendly and I felt we got a good deal for our money. I wished they would have told us about the toll roads we ended up getting a bill for 14.00 more later and we would have driven a different road or a different lane if we would have been told.
Jasmin J.
Orlando, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Has anyone else ever rented from Alamo?!
Sandra G.
Raleigh, NC
Is there a Alamo that will pick you up and drop you off?
robin N.
Buckeye, AZ
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Will you at anytime consider having some Subaru Forrester vehicles for rental?
Brandi M.
Do you have to have a credit card to rent a car?
Alexis P.
South Hadley, MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Does Alamo pick up and drop off like some other Rentsl Car Companies?