BY ALAMO RENT-A-CAR #3 in Rental Car Companies

• Has anyone else ever rented from Alamo?!19 Answers
  • Is there a Alamo that will pick you up and drop you off? 6 Answers
  • Do you have to have a credit card to rent a car? 3 Answers
Alamo Rent-A-Car
  • "The customer service was good unfortunately they didn't have any of the car I reserved and wanted to stick me in a minivan or smaller vehicle." in 12 reviews
Melissa S.
Desert Hot Springs, CA
I recently traveled cross-country with my 8 month old and husband to visit family. When we landed at the airport it was almost 10 p.m. and we went to the rental car agency to get our car. I called an advance to make sure they would take a debit card since I do not have a credit card and they assured me they would. When we arrived they informed me they cannot take my debit card and they have to have a credit card and when we explain to them we had called in advance then all of a sudden they say they can but they need to hold almost a $600 deposit until the car is returned. We did not have those types of funds for them just to hold as we would be visiting for two weeks without getting any direct deposits into our account and needed that money. They were not willing to work with us and they went back and forth contradicting their policies and what they said. So my husband myself and our eight-month-old or stranded 3 hours away from our family in an airport until someone can come pick us up since they would not work with us to rent a car.
Melissa L.
Rochester, NY
Overall good experience once we got our car. We were in San Francisco early September and rented a car ahead of time to drive down to Los Angeles - it took us around two hours to get our car because of people coming back from Burning Man, all mixed in with what we were told was a computer glitch that allowed people to overbook the cars. Like I said overall good once we got our car and left as we had no issues returning it at LAX the same day, but the morning was pretty rough.
Vanessa G.
Mountain View, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Oh Alamo. I mean I don’t know if this goes for all rental car companies, but they really try to gouge you. They tried to sneak on insurance and at the end of the trip when I came home I was able to call and speak to a supervisor who reversed the silly charges. But it was a hassle. Even though I had made the reservation online, we didn’t end up getting the truck we had originally made the reservation for. Which did make it a little easier to get our money back when I complained about not getting the truck we reserved and having insurance tacked on when we went to pick up the vehicle. Watch out for those insurance charges because they can really add up. Mind you, I had opted out of the insurance when I made the original reservation online. They can get a little sneaky when you actually go to pick up the vehicle.
Angie A.
El Paso, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
They always have discounts on their website and for the most part employers offer a company discount too. I had one problem at the airport once, I had already made a reservation and they did not comply with it so I had to wait at a later time to receive my car but they still accommodated me. Very good cars and affordable.
Nicole F.
Garden City S, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I used Alamo renting car service while I was on a trip through the mid west! I love the Car we got and I️t made the trip that much better that there were no problems with I️t!! I would definitely recommend you to rent from the
Soupy M.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
The staff was courteous, efficient and quick. They answered all my questions about the vehicle and available insurance. They didn't push me on any add ons which impressed me and I ended up taking full coverage. The vehicle was clean and ready when I picked up. Upon our return, the service was the same. They are a very professional team and I would definitely recommend them for car rental needs.
Tika H.
Aurora , CO
I rented from Alamo when I went to LA for work, and they were extremely helpful and kind. Pros: They help you find the perfect car for you. (We got a Camaro😉) Cons: The lines are always super long. But it was worth the wait. The prices were super fair for our budget.
Yuvi S.
Houston
The staff there are really nice. They check you in really quick. Especially if you made a reservation online they have everything ready. All you have to do is make the payment and sign some paperwork. Afterwards you’re all setup and can go pick out your car
Morgan P.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Just recently used Alamo in Denver Colorado. We had to wait 30min with a newborn baby for the Alamo bus to pick us up and take us to get our rental car. We also had a three month old baby and its was very cold outside. Meanwhile each of the other rental car places have had several buses come through. When we finally get to the place and get in a car, they give us a car that had previously been smoked in and smelled terrible. They attempted to make it better with us not having to fill up gas at the end, but i will not be using them again.
Stefanie F.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I had never used this company until my recent family trip to Kauai. For being crazy packed they had great customer service and we ended up renting a convertible mustang for half of our group to ride in. I will definitely use them again if we return
Jasmin J.
Orlando, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Has anyone else ever rented from Alamo?!
Sandra G.
Raleigh, NC
Is there a Alamo that will pick you up and drop you off?
robin N.
Buckeye, AZ
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Will you at anytime consider having some Subaru Forrester vehicles for rental?
Alexis P.
South Hadley, MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Does Alamo pick up and drop off like some other Rentsl Car Companies?
Brandi M.
Do you have to have a credit card to rent a car?