BY ALAFFIA

With Handcrafted Fair Trade Shea Butterbr For All Skin Hair Types Body Wash 1 Facial Cleanser 4 Shaving Soap 3 Shampoo and More What is African Black Soap?br In West Africa, authentic black soap is known by its Yoruba name, Osse Dudu. Dudu means the color black, which comes from the extensive cooking of the soap to the point of charcoal. Many cultures in West Africa use charcoal to detoxify and purify the skin, and this is an integral aspect of our true African black soap. Our authentic black soap is made from a centuries old recipe of handcrafted shea butter and indigenous West African palm kernel oil. Saponification is provided by adding ashes to the hot oils, then cooking the soap for six hours. The final step is to dry and cure the soap in the sun for three weeks. The extensive cooing and curing process makes our authentic African black soap and mild gentle. In W see more...

Buy on Vitamin...
Talisan T.
Medford
This has become the one and only body wash that I use! Although the appearance is dark and the feel a bit slimy and thin, the scents never to overpowering and washes off smoothly, it has done beyond words for my skin. I have horrible acne all over my body and now I can barely tell that it’s there; It diminishes my scars and keeps my skin from not only staying hydrated but not oily either. I have been buying this for over a year and will continue to do so!
Kathy B.
Luthersburg, PA
This soap is my holy grail soap. I love love love the Alaffia brand, it is my favorite for soap, shampoo, conditioner, and all other body products! It is a quite thin consistency and makes your skin look dark when you put it on. It smells lovely, very citrusy! I use it as a body wash and to shave my legs and they feel sooo smooth afterwards. It states you can use it as a shampoo too but I have never used it as one, i bet it would be great though!
Kendall P.
This product is wonderful! We use it as a complete body wash and shampoo for our entire family. It's gentle and my hair is soft after I use it. The lovely tangerine scent is awesome. Hun has been known to sniff the bottle in the mornings to give him a wake up boost!
Petara M.
Temple, TX
This soap has a very pleasant smell. I like to use it in the morning or after working out. It is very refreshing and does not dry out my skin. I have been using the bottle for well over a month and still have more than half of the bottle remaining. I purchased it for a very reasonable price, so I am very pleased. I have already ordered a second bottle to put away for later.