BY ALAFFIA

With Handcrafted Fair Trade Shea Butterbr For All Skin Hair Types Body Wash 1 Facial Cleanser 4 Shaving Soap 3 Shampoo and More What is African Black Soap?br In West Africa, authentic black soap is known by its Yoruba name, Osse Dudu. Dudu means the color black, which comes from the extensive cooking of the soap to the point of charcoal. Many cultures in West Africa use charcoal to detoxify and purify the skin, and this is an integral aspect of our true African black soap. Our authentic black soap is made from a centuries old recipe of handcrafted shea butter and indigenous West African palm kernel oil. Saponification is provided by adding ashes to the hot oils, then cooking the soap for six hours. The final step is to dry and cure the soap in the sun for three weeks. The extensive cooing and curing process makes our authentic African black soap and mild gentle. In W see more...

Kristen T.
Brandon, FL
Let’s get this out of the way...Real Black Soap has all the bells and whistles to cure problem skin. This here is a watered down version of black soap mixed with who knows what, but it does smell amazing. The soap didn’t feel like I was using Raw Unrefined Black Soap. My skin did not feel very clean and refreshed. I ended up using it as hand soap in my guest bathroom. I won’t buy this product again unless I want something to wash my hands with. It’s over priced. Again, it smells great. That’s about it. I’ll stick to my Raw Unrefined Black Soap from Ghana!
Kayla T.
Knoxville, TN
I absolutely LOVE this product! I use it to wash my hair, body, face, and I shave with it. I also use it on my 2 year old for her shampoo and body wash. Its gentle, smells great, and very effective. I recommend this product to anyone I talk to. I gave some to my friend's son and its clearing up his acne. Great great product!
Mallarie J.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I got this for acne a few years ago. I like that you can use it for many different ways but I can't stand the smell. It smells so bad and I have the Orange flavor.
Danielle D.
I use this product as a face wash and LOVE it. I'm extremely picky about cleansers, as I have very dry skin. I have trouble finding a cleanser that is gentle but still cleanses pores and makeup. This product does all of that. My skin does not feel tight or filmy after using, but my enlarged pores are visibly smaller. It removes all of my makeup. Not to mention it smells awesome, is reasonably priced, and the company works to help African communities.
Kim S.
I love this soap. It's gently helping tone/brighten dark scene marks on my face. I love the smell. Will continue to purchase. It doesn't dry out my skin.
Christa H.
Milltown, NJ
I use this as an all-purpose body wash. It's gentle and doesn't try my skin out. the Citrus scent is medium strength, but doesn't linger after washing.
Sky S.
I use this as a body wash. It doesn't lather well so it can be difficult washing thick hair or shaving using this product.
Autumn M.
Smells amazing! I love this soap because it leaves my dry skin soft. The soap is so gentle and luxurious.
Spencer K.
CLARENDON, PA
Smells so good, and I use it as a body wash. Smooth and silky! Makes my skin soft and moisturized.
Nichole A.
Raleigh, NC
I Love this product because it's natural, smells great, and a little goes a long way.