BY AIRBNB, INC. #1 in Travel Sites

Make travel planning as mobile as you are with the Airbnb iPhone App! Airbnb opens the door to the world’s most interesting places to stay and is the simplest way to earn money from your extra space. With over 450,000 listings in more than 34,000 cities, Airbnb connects you with the experience that’s right for you. Message hosts and guests, gush over your itinerary, explore fairytale destinations, and add unforgettable digs to your Wish List. Make that penthouse, yurt, or treehouse your next home...or open up your own space to travelers. For travelers: Download the Airbnb iPhone App and start traveling the world with a few simple taps. Super powers: • Discover thousands of places to stay in more than 34,000 cities • Book one-of-a-kind accommodations and find rooms for rent directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch • Search for last-minute accommodations anywhere in the world • Find long-term sublets in thousands of cities • Access your itinerary, message your host, and get directions to your listing • Explore legendary properties, vacation homes, and apartments, and add them to your Wish List to share with your friends For hosts: Manage your listing and connect with guests wherever you are in the world. Super powers: • List your space and manage your listing directly from your phone • Get acquainted with potential guests before you say yes • Accept, decline, pre-approve, and send special offers to guests on the go • Manage your inquiries, respond to messages, and check off your To-Dos from your Host Home • Visit our Hospitality Standards to learn what guests expect before they arrive • Update your calendar availability with ease • Access Groups to connect with your host community Download the Airbnb App now! Discover us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/airbnb Get to know Airbnb and the Airbnb App: http://airbnb.com/mobile

• Just requested to book my first Airbnb! Just wondering - do you g...3 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this website?1 Answers
  • Do they have a cancellation policy?2 Answers
Devinnie M.
West Richland, WA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have had exceedingly great experiences with Airbnb. To be honest I had low expectations. I assumed most places would be someone's well used property. My experience has been the properties are taken care of very well and better than the pictures and reviews. I have stayed in a classic bnb in the Monte Verde Cloud forest of Costa Rica, a shared house in Paris, France, and a studio in Bordeaux France. I have found it was way less expensive (I averaged $55 a night) and nicer than any hotel. The site is super easy to use. I feel safer knowing there is a verification process for all individuals. There are multiple functions and tools on the site that provide for a very specific trip to fulfilled or a fun adventure to be made.
Ellen A.
Louisville, KY
From a traveler's perspective:
What a great service that allows your to live like a local no matter where you go! One deterrent for traveling is having to be in a soulless hotel eating out for every meal and feeling locked in a small box. This service fixes that and manages stays responsibly so that you know exactly what you are getting before arriving.
From the perspective of a host:
Offers an opportunity to become an entrepreneur without leaving your own home (until check-in time, of course)... fantastic set up to ensure you are protected as both a host and a guest.
Other sites seem to provide endless spamming, somehow Air BnB manages to avoid scammers and unwanted calls and emails.
Air BnB has NAILED IT!!
Laura M.
El Paso , TX
I just regret not discovering Airbnb sooner! I has saved me so much money, plus I get to meet new people. You just have to invest some time searching for the right place depending on where you're going, what you'll be doing so you can pick a good place, at a good price that is in a convenient location for your travel needs, because if not you end up spending like crazy on transportation. I've used Airbnb for 4 times now, and all the hosts I've met have been awesome, respectful and very helpful. It's fun to stay at someone else's home, it's a great experience and affordable, and before booking you can always contact the host for any questions/concerns.
Alaina D.
Macomb, MI
I first used Airbnb when my husband and I went to Nashville this past May. We were very pleased with our experience and the place we chose to stay at loved up to the reviews on the site. I love how easy it is to communicate with the owners, search for the perfect place almost anywhere, and cancel with ease. I will definitely be looking to use Airbnb for my next getaway.
Courtney R.
I love Airbnb! My family and I used it when we went to Europe and it's very popular where I live. It's very convenient and pretty neat to see how someone else decorates their house/apartment. They're always very welcoming (except for the guy we had in Paris). I would recommend to anyone who does a lot of traveling and doesn't want to stay in a hotel!
Rea A.
Bend, OR
AirBnB gives you neighborhood access to a new city. In Mexico City we stayed in Condesa, in someone’s apartment. There were no hotels for blocks! We got to know the corner store clerk, the local park, the cutest real restaurants, no some chain in a hotel lobby. AirBnB makes it easy to find the right host in the right spot.
Mary T.
Oxford, MS
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
AirBnb can be a great money saver and a great way to see a place and feel like a local instead of a tourist. My ONLY complaint is that they are sometimes a little too unaware of the renters who lie about what their property really looks like/offers. Other than that, I do love AirBnb and will continue to use it.
Sam A.
Tulsa, OK
I️ have used Air BnB in 5 different cities and have never been disappointed. Whether it’s a last minute trip or planning weeks in advance I️ always find the place that fits my needs. I️ also enjoy that many hosts accommodate large dogs, which makes it easier to travel and save on kennel costs.
Terra J.
Xenia , OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I first heard about this through a friend at work! As soon as I booked a trip somewhere, I looked into Airbnb! I couldn’t believe how amazing it is! We found so many unique and nteresting places to stay at such an affordable price! This is definitely my new way of traveling! I highly recommend them!
Gina S.
midland, MI
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
This app is amazing for overseas travel! I went all over Italy in June of this year and we stayed at a few different Air BnB apartments. What a great way to experience different culture and stay in a comfortable living space! Definitely recommend!
Cara M.
Carlsbad, CA
Does anyone have any tips on determining if the host is reliable / safe before booking? (besides intuition and common sense)
Taylor R.
Bowie, MD
Techie Expert Level 2
Ever had a bad experience ?
Morgan L.
North Vancouver, BC
Has anyone had any troubles with meeting their host?
Samantha F.
Staten Island , NY
Has anyone ever tried this ? How'd it go?
Andrea U.
Guntersville, AL
Techie Expert Level 1
Has anyone ever had any problems with people through this site?