BY AIR CANADA

Carmen C.
Service is so inconsistent and their systems are outdated, rigid, and inflexible. Once I was flying them to Hong Kong. On my return trip they couldn't check me in due to a system glitch. They could check my partner in and we were on the same ticket. So they made me buy a full fare in order to get home. They insisted I would get a refund when I got home. I talked to the agent upon arrival, tried to call their call centre only to be told that they can only take complaints via a form online. The online form states that they will respond within 21 days. I didn't end up getting a refund for 28 days and then they shorted me the exchange so it took a full 32 days to get my money back. I couldn't imagine a furniture store charging me for a new couch because they had a system glitch and advising that this is the only way and that they would refund me in 32 days
Kaitlyn S.
Arcadia, NS
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I hate flying, but when I travel, I fly consistently with Air Canada because I like the familiarity.  They are generally accommodating and their flight attendants are quite friendly. Within Canada we have never had a problem with any of the employees or the services offered.

I have however found that their service representatives that work in foreign airports can be quite surly and difficult to deal with.  The most recent time we flew, the employees at the check-in counter in Orlando were extremely rude and wouldn't even crack a smile or take the time to answer a question. This can be frustrating and off-putting when trying to resolve an issue related to travel (which we happened to have this time).  I would love to see the service outside of Canada be as good as within the country.
Emily C.
Vancouver , BC
Internationally, I love flying Air Canada... Domestically, not so much. The last time I flew with them domestically I was sitting in an exit row and it was freezing cold. I used my jacket to keep my legs warm and got told off by the flight attendant for "wrapping my legs up while sitting in the exit row" - apparently it was going to be a safety problem... unreal. The girl sitting next to me also needed help with her bags because she was too short to put them in the overhead bin. He was rude to her and said it wasn't his job to help. I know it's just one person and maybe he was having an off day, but I was super unimpressed with their customer service. I always fly WestJet domestically now!
Ana K.
Barrie
I had an amazing time flighting with Air Canada and would totally used again. They were so nice and polite and the service was great. And the food was good comparing to other plane foods.
Leigh E.
Edinburgh, Edinburgh
I flew with Air Canada from London Heathrow to Halifax, Canada this summer with my two kids and I was really happy with the experience.  Check in was easy and quick, staff were very helpful and friendly.
The aircraft we were in was fairly new and in good condition, nice and clean.  The audio/visual equipment worked fine.  I'd say the movie options were a little bit disappointing.  There were lots of choices but not that many new releases.
We were given complimentary meals and for airplane food, they were decent enough.  Overall our travel experience was easy, comfortable and very pleasant.  I would definitely fly with Air Canada again.  I took one star off though because I find Air Canada pretty expensive.
Dani C.
Vancouver
Air Canada used to be very expensive, and still can be especially for Canadian domestic flights. Along with their recent drop in price for flights came a drop in their service level. I flew with them from Vancouver to New York and back, and the return flight was delayed by about 7 hours. They provided all passengers a $10 voucher for food at the facilities provided, but most closed pretty early, and we were stuck in that airport til around 1 AM or so. Most staff were relatively friendly, and I understand that if there were technical problems, obviously they shouldn’t be ignored hence the delay. I’ll probably fly with them again if the price point is low, but at what cost in terms of time?
Echo M.
Burnaby, BC
I fly Air Canada to Hong Kong annually, and every year I am disappointed.  Unfortunately for me, AC has the best flight time when leaving HK, and I want to have as much time with family there as possible.  However, the last time I flew, the flight crew somehow thought it was okay to leave bags of garbage in front of the emergency exit in the rear of the plane for hours upon hours of the flight.  In the end, I sent in a complaint along with a few pictures that I took and got a % discount off my next flight.  Still... every time I am more surprised when things are in working order than not.  (my flight to Japan did not have a working usb port....good thing I had a backup battery)
Hichem b.
ain temouchent
I was on Air Canada flight 846, Toronto to Munich on Monday October 23. The flight was smooth as can be and the flight staff were fantastic. Very polite and also helpful. Crew leader was so much fun to talk and the crew made the long flight delightful.
Kimberly G.
Ottawa, Ontario
Air Canada. If you are Canadian or have visited Canada via this airline I think you might understand my hesitation with them. I fly across the globe with Air Canada at least twice a year to visit friends and family on the other side of the globe.  If you compare them with WestJet, the only other truly Canadian airline(both are actually the same company), AC is must better! However, if you have ever flown with a global top airline, you would understand that the older air stewardess, sub-par food and service just won't cut it. If and when Canada stops privatizing their air transportation services, this airline will have to buck up.
naf C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I have personally never taken a flight with this company and neither have I ever looked through getting from them. They are very large but unfortunately recently I've been hearing some negative stuff about them. It makes me never want to use them even though I have family in Canada. But I may use another company to travel with. They also took more money from people whose houses were burnt in the huge fire in Alberta and who were trying to escape into different provinces. Then when everyone knew about the ticket prices being charged more, the company eventually started saying that they will pay back something to each customer.
Syntra L.
Burnaby, BC
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Has anyone used Air Canada more than twice?
veronica m.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Who has been to canada
Patty G.
Victoria F.
Penfield, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Which partner airline in US is associated with Air Canada?
Toni M.