BY AION ONLINE

• Which faction do you favor? Asmodians or the Elyos?9 Answers
  • Who's better for a scout? Be a Ranger or an Assesine?1 Answers
  • What other MMOs would you compare to Aion?2 Answers
Aion Online
  • "I started aion right around the time it first came out.. at first i loved it but i got to about level ten (and my first flight) And it just couldnt keep me interested." in 6 reviews
Atasia B.
Gamer Expert Level 2
Where do i begin? This is my favorite MMORPG to play online. There is so much to love about this game. The graphics are absolutely stunning. Aion has a giant range of character customization options available, more than most online MMOs. The plot is original and stands out. There is so much to do in game so I'm never bored. The combat system is smooth and it is relatively easy to earn game money. The best part about this game is that it is free to play and not pay to win. If anything is purchased through the NCsoft store, it doesn't give players an advantage over others which is only fair. I spend countless hours playing this game and enjoy every minute of it. Almost any computer can run this game smoothly, my 5 year old laptop runs it with no problems except for the occasional lag. Both PVP and PVE are exciting and engaging. I highly recommend this game. It's free after all, what is there to lose?
Savannah Y.
San Antonio, TX
This game I have mixed feelings about. I played this game for maybe a year and I had to pay for membership, it was very fun and the storyline is great. The graphics are beautiful and the music is very calming to listen to. I played both a Melee and magic person, and liked melee better. This game is mostly PVP (Player Vs Player) which I'm not all that into personally. In the game the armor is very interesting compared to other games. It's like you're fighting with a monster right after you got off the stage at a fashion show XD. Some of the things I didn't like was the fact that it is extremely repetitive, the dark and light side both have the same story line, the quests are the same just in a different environment and different monster (Light and dark) which I didn't like. The game also lagged a lot in any kind of definition besides the lowest, and it wasn't my computer because I knew quite a few people who played and had the same problem. Another con would be the fact that so many people don't actually work their way up in the game, they go and pay someone inrl money to level their character, or pay inrl money for in game money.

A pro would be that it's now free, though that's a con for me seeing as I paid for membership Q___Q

If you're a PVP lover I would recommend this game to you.
Laura S.
Cliffside Pk, NJ
I used to play this allllll the time years ago, and I loved it for the customization of your character etc. it was more fun then since more people played, now it's a little empty. I still love to play it time to time :)
Jessie W.
Stafford, VA
I played this for a couple of months, and compared to other MMOs, it was okay. I enjoyed the level of character customization allowed right off the bat. There's countless hair styles and facial features, and you can change the measurements of everything on your avatar with slider bars. The first 20 levels or so are exciting-- you get to specialize your class even further than what you started out with, and there's lots of plot going on. However, after that you kind of end up grinding a lot, like with many MMOs. There is a lot of room for playing with other people though, as you can party up (in later levels, it's almost necessary to find a party for some areas) and loot is distributed fairly among the party members. Overall, it's not bad, but I get bored pretty easily when I'm not playing with someone.
Mason H.
Everett, WA
This game is an mmorpg where you play as angelic beings. You eventually unlock the ability to fly whoch makes thisvabvery unique game compared to other mmos. There are certain moves you can use while flying and others you must use while flying. That makes for greater pvp strategies since therevis land and air combat. In my opinion that is the only thing better then world of warcraft.. grinding is the same as all other mmos and the standard talent tree along with skill sets are all very similar to any mmo. The community isn't too big either which is good and vad depending on what yoy are looking for in a mmo. It cost 15 $ a month. My opinion, as original as an mmorpg can get these days, but not better then WoW. Both cost the same monthly as well.
Sierra S.
Las Vegas, NV
One of the best MMOs to come out in the past decade. Personally loved it far more than Wow and other Wow cookie cutter games. Reminded me in a lot of ways of how EQ felt way back when before everything was hurry up to level, to hurry up to get gear, to hurry up and raid, to hurry up and get more gear. i hate all the rush rush rush. This game had a lot of variety and stuff to do both solo and in various group sizes.

I've also never been much of a PVP person, but the Abyss is a blast. Absolutely love the PVP there.

Visually beautiful game, lots of quests and tasks to keep you entertained.
Jennifer B.
Vineland, NJ
I played Aion the day that it launched. My friend was playing as a beta tester and was letting me check it out. I decided to buy it.

At first it was a great game. The customizing of your character was great, the graphics were amazing, and the world was so vivid and engaging. Then the ridiculous leveling took hold. Don't even get me started with crafting...

Unfortunately, my laptop took a crap while I was in the middle of running towards a mob. My motherboard burnt up and I had to get a new computer. I never played Aion again and I can't say that I really miss it.
Jazmyn B.
Tampa, FL
I played Aion for a couple months earlier this year on a hunt for a new MMO to play and it's actually a pretty good one. I think my biggest issue with it, is leveling feels so slow and like such a grind. Not only that it seems as if it takes up quite a bit of space and when I had it installed all of my games ran pretty slow. That was the main reason I uninstalled it since GW2 had come out and I'll obviously keep a game that I payed for installed over a free one. If you're looking for a free Fantasy MMO definitely give this one a shot. Plus side, YOU CAN FLY!! Haha
Kathy B.
Peabody, MA
Aion is a great mmorpg! The graphics are amazing and at times breathtaking. My favorite part of the game is that you get wings at lvl 10 and in many places you can fly, YES FLY! AHH! Some places flying isn't allowed but if you jump off of something high you can still pop your wings out and glide down. There is also quite a bit of options for character creation which I love. And the armor and weapons for each class are lovely as well. There is a bit of grinding to level up which can get tedious after awhile but I still love Aion regardless!
Qiong Zhu Lily Z.
San Francisco, CA
The very first time I saw the preview for this game, I immediately fell in love with it. My beloved boyfriend surprised me on Christmas with the gift subscription to Aion on steam. I was really surprise because I wanted to play this game for quite awhile. I played during the open beta, but after my subscription is over, I haven't continue to play it. I don't really want to pay a monthly fee because I know that I would get bored easily. The graphic for this game was excellence and I really love it. Overall, my experience with Aion was great.
Jenny S.
Greenwood, IN
Which faction do you favor? Asmodians or the Elyos?
Denasia H.
What other MMOs would you compare to Aion?
Who's better for a scout? Be a Ranger or an Assesine?