After You (Hardcover) uploaded by Kara N.

BY PENGUIN PUBLISHING GROUP

Coming September 29th: After You, the sequel to the beloved New York Times million-copy bestseller, Me Before You A NOTE FROM JOJO MOYES ABOUT HER EXCITING NEW NOVEL, AFTER YOU: Dear Reader, I wasn't going to write a sequel to Me Before You. But for years, readers kept asking and I kept wondering what Lou did with her life. In the end the idea came, as they sometimes do, at 5:30 in the morning, leaving me sitting bolt upright in my bed and scrambling for my pen. It has been such a pleasure revisiting Lou and her family, and the Traynors, and confronting them with a whole new set of issues. As ever, they have made me. see more...

• I've been procrastinating on reading this book since I loved Me b...1 Answers
  • Just finished me before you and reading bad reviews about this se...1 Answers
  • Did you like the movie interpretation of the book? I enjoyed the ...1 Answers
Buy on Target*
Erika E.
Soooo sadly disappointed by this sequel to Me Before You.
It was left hidden in my bookshelf like a cruddy ex boyfriend.
It felt like JoJo Moyes was pushed to quickly write a sequel after the movie was made.
I hated this books so much I gave it away.
Clark should have ended up in such a more amazing situation and place.
sarah d.
Palmerton, PA
I absolutely ADORE Me Before You. I don't know exactly how to express my feelings about this book. For starters, I didn't care for the character of Lily. I think understand what the author was doing, by making Lily Will's long, lost daughter; it allowed Lou to have interaction with Will's family, and allowed Moyes a follow up with them that would have otherwise been unlikely to happen in Lou's new life. I really think the book would have been better by leaving that character out completely. I wanted this to be Lou's story of how she moved on and found her "happily ever after," and this just didn't feel that way for me. I also thought the bits about Lou's mom turning into a raging feminist, while amusing, was a little off course. I wanted Lou and Sam to have the happy ending that she and Will didn't get to, and instead it ends with her leaving him behind to fly away (to NYC) to be yet another caretaker for someone. I hardly think being the nanny/companion/personal assistant to a depressed person is hardly the life Will wanted for her, even if it is in New York. I wanted more for Lou than what I felt like she (and I) got. I wanted her to have her "happily ever after."
Melissa G.
New Jersey
This was definitely a sequel to Me Before You that I'm not sure was needed. It's hard to tell a story when the characters aren't as "involved" from the first novel. I liked being about to see where Lou went and what she ended up doing with her life. I just wasn't as passionate about this as I was with the first novel. There really wasn't a huge plot that made sense. I would recommend if you are bored and want to carry on in this world.
Court A.
Saratoga Spgs, NY
I enjoyed the book and all, but was it necessary to write a sequal? Probably not. She seemed to try to give Will life after death by creating another character, but if I'm being honest I wasn't too thrilled with her idea. Did enjoy the new love interest, though. Just shows that while the heart may never fully heal, it can still move on.
Violet L.
Calhoun , GA
I loved Me Before You and was so happy there was a sequel! It is definitely a must read if you loved the first book. It still leaves you hanging and wishing there was more to read but totally worth it.
Natasha C.
What a strong sequel to the story that changed the world. I almost feel like Louisa is such a strong character who feels she is weak, and she is a dominant personality. She feels as though she cannot win, but she doesn't see her own strengths in the fall.
Val J.
Paterson, NJ
This book was such a disappointment for me, I had to force myself to finish reading it which is rare for me! I read on a daily basis and tend to read books within 2-3 days but this book took me a little over 2 weeks! with breaks in between to read other books! The story line lacked for me and the witty banter that made the 1st book lacked in this one and was truly noticeable!
Anais V.
No me gusto para nada! Que malo, la verdad esperaba muchisimo mas de este libro, ya que me before you me encanto, y el hecho de que en este pintaran a una Louisa deprimida, y haciendo todo lo contrario de lo que prometio que haria, hmm no, definitivamente no. La verdad esperaba muchisimo mas, aventuras, viajes y cosas asi. Definitivamente se quedo corto,
Hannah O.
Warsaw, IN
After reading the prequel to this novel entirely too fast I knew I had to pick this up. The plot was surprising and kept me on my toes as I wasn't sure where they would take Louisa's character after the ending of the first book. The right amount of frustrating, suspense and love to keep you going and had an ending that could satisfy you or leave room for another book if the author desired
Kristina S.
OMG...grab another box or boxes of tissues!!! You go JoJo...you are awesome!!! You know how to keep people guessing and not wanting to put a book down!!!
Callie J.
Harrison, AR
Okay guys... what do you think about this book?! I'm obsessed with the fray one but I don't want this to be a let down. How is it?
Amee R.
Just finished me before you and reading bad reviews about this sequel. however my question is, do they go into more details of Will's last day and how he went? if so then I will consider reading...
Jacqueline T.
Did you like the movie interpretation of the book? I enjoyed the movie as much as the book because felt the actors really captured Lou and Will well.
Paola Z.
Atlanta, GA
I've been procrastinating on reading this book since I loved Me before you and I don't want to be disappointed with how the story turns out. Is it worth reading it?
Jacqueline T.
Have you read other Jojo Moyes books? Which ones are worth reading and why?