After Bite The Itch Eraser for Insect Bites

by After Bite

Trusted Formula Pharmacist preferred for Instant Relief! Be ready for: Mosquitoes, Black Flies, Fleas, Ticks, Chiggers, Horse Flies and other bites AfterBite® Original is the trusted Itch Eraser® formula for the whole family. For mosquitoes, black flies, ticks and more, there s nothing like it in your medicine cabinet. Keep AfterBite® at home, in your car, in your tackle box and camper. Don t let insect bites ruin your family fun! ;

How is it? Does actually work
Does this work with spider bites or just stuff like mosquitos?
Start your review of After Bite The Itch Eraser for Insect Bites!
Product Highlights
“It's every easy to apply and fits very nicely in our bag.” in reviews
“This stuff works great at easing the itchiness.” in reviews
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Ive bought a couple of these after bite pens for when I'm spending a lot of timw out side. I hate getting a super itchy bug bite! Its so uncomfortable for me. But all I have to do it paint it with this and the itching stops. Its so helpful especially for kids because they dont have the swlf control to apot scratching which can make the bite even worse. With this you can avoid the itch. I dont remember it javing any scent. It has a convenient applicator tip so you can use it anytime and anywhere its small and can be kept in my pocket or purse. The only down side to it is it sometimes needs to be reapplied. The anti itch effect can wear off after a little while but it only takes a small amount and no more itch. I need to get another one of these for fall.
Bellevue, NE
Purchased at: Walmart
Idk how I’ve lived without this. When I get mosquito bites, the entire area around it swells pretty bad. This is the only thing that can really soothe the bites for a decent amount of time. It is a little pricey (being almost $5 at Walmart for a small bottle) but it is definitely worth it! Highly recommend!
Cliffside Pk, NJ
Purchased at: CVS
A must have item whenever you’re going anywhere that might have mosquito lurking. I find this product really helps with the after itch of all bug bites. Don’t go camping with out it.
Bridgeport, CT
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Purchased at: Walmart
I had to use this on a trip to West Africa years ago. I still remember that it worked well and as described. If you use a little too much it can be watery/runny and you should never touch the ammonia (but if you do make sure to wash good before touching anything, especially your eyes and face!) The ammonia smell can be really strong but only really up close unless you are super sensitive, it also dissipates pretty quickly. I would highly recommend this as I am allergic to most bug bites (the doctor says this is why they swell up and develop into extremely itchy welts on me, and not all other people) and this still works very well to releave immediate itchiness. The only drawback I would say is that it wears off fairly quickly (guess that's why it comes in easy to carry stick form) as opposed to a cream/gel/ointment but that is to be expected of something of this nature, there is also the fact that it is made of chemicals so if you are not down for that you are not gonna be down for this! P.s. I would not put this on any rash or open wound or even any insect bite that has been freshly/recently scratched (it will burn!)
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Very effective, but DO NOT SMELL THIS UP CLOSE! I made that mistake and wow... the ammonia is super strong. It stopped my itchiness in a couple mins and it kept me from scratching during the night. Super lightweight and easy to carry around in your purse or bag!
San Luis Obispo, CA
It works! Read the directions and use as directed. Caution, it stings, especially if the bite has been scratched. I apply it to my daughter and then blow on it or apply ice to the area immediately. It contains ammonia which is supposed to counteract the venom, so using it as soon as you see the bit is best.. it will work afterwords too..
This is great! It stops the itch quickly and effectively. It’s easy to apply and take with me. It does sting a little when you apply it. Mosquitoes love me and this product is helping me survive the rainy days here.
Palos Heights, IL
I went up to my families cabin over the 4th of July. Unfortunately, there are so many bugs outside and it makes it difficult to even have a camp fire or hangout outside. Anyway, I didn't really even go out much except to walk from the car to inside. I had a massive bug bite on my forearm and another bite on my hand. They were itching so badly. I went to the drugstore and picked this itch relief pen up and rubed it over the bites. They helped a bit with the pain, burn, and itch of the bite but after about 30 minutes the itch came back. I applied the pen a few times per day and then layered anti-itch cream over the bite and within 3 days the bites completely went away. The active ingredient in these pens are ammonia. More then taking the itch away, the pen helps to heal the bite quickly.
Centralia, IL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I use this product quite a bit in the spring and summer after being outside all day or camping due to the amount of mosquito bites I get. I bought this at Wal-Mart for around $3.00. It does work and stops the itching fairly quick for a little while. The only downside to this product it that the smell of ammonia is extremely strong and I really don't like that. If the smell wasn't so strong I would give after bite a higher rating.
Des Moines, IA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Overall, this product works well at stopping irritating itches and shrinking inflamed bug bites. I have enjoyed using it well over five years, especially during the spring and summer when mosquitoes are most active. I often get the most bug bites when I am out near forest areas, the park, or out at night and this product is a life saver. It saves me from feeling itchy before bed and it works instantly, when the product is applied on the irritating area. The product does sting the sing, upon first application and the itch will be at eased once it’s been absorbed into the bite.