Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker

by Aerobie Aeropress

RRP1002: Features: -Each Aeropress comes with a funnel, scoop, stirrer and 350 micro filters-1 to 4 cup hand press coffee and espresso maker-Rapid, full immersion process brews amazingly rich, smooth coffee-Fast, about one minute from start to enjoy-Clean-up is easy and takes seconds-Brews American style coffee-Brews espresso style coffee for use in lattes, cappucinos, and other espresso based drinks-Dishwasher safe-BPA free-Microwave safe-Makes 1 - 4 cups of coffee per pressing-To make tea you need to use what is called the upside down or inverted method-The first step is to insert the plunger about an inch into the top of the chamber-Then turn the AeroPress upside down so it sits on the top of the plunger and the rubber seal forms the bottom of the open chamber-Then put your tea followed by hot water in the chamber and let it steep as long as you wish-When the steeping is complete, attach the filter cap including filter to the chamber and turn it right side up onto your mug-Finally press to filter the tea through the filter. Dimensions: -6" H x 4.25" W x 3.75 D, 1.1 lbs.

How important is it to use filters specific to the Aeropress? Would a regular coffee filter cut to the proper size function just as well?
Start your review of Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker!
ashlesha S.
Fremont, CA
This is a product I recommend to everyone, especially if you live alone/in a couple or are the only coffee drinker in the house! Incredibly easy to use and clean up and makes one of the best, quickest cups of coffee you can get. I'm extremely picky with my coffee and I always grind my own beans, and the aeropress is my daily driver and has been for the past few years. Great for making one or two cups, the only disadvantage would be that you can't make a big batch of coffee all at once.
Tong O.
Staten Island, NY
This [product:aerobie-inc-aerobie,-inc.-80r08-aeropress-coffee-and-espresso-maker] is a great single serve press coffee maker. It is easy and made my coffee as strong as I like.
Adam I.
Houston
This. Makes. Delicious. Coffee. While it is a bit of work and it makes a pretty small cup of coffee. If it's a lazy Sunday and you have too much time on your hands. Buy this and you will not be disappointed. It is a top quality product the is inexpensive, easy to clean and makes a wicked good brew.
Shelley P.
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker uploaded by Shelley P.
My absolute favorite method of making coffee! The coffee comes out rich and smooth, tasting like an expensive cup from a trendy cafe. It's easy to use too, I'm on my second cup for the day!
Shannon S.
Valrico, Fl
This is a cool product, if you want a great cup of coffee. For me, however- it was too much work. My brother LOVES the thing. Swears by it even. Apparently there is some secret society that has all of these special ways to make coffee with this thing. In all honesty, its pretty cool. I just really do not have the time to get the hang of it. Perhaps once you get used to it, you can be efficient and have tastier coffee. At least that's what my brother says. And hes always right. Just ask him. In other words: If you want the best cup of coffee, and are willing to put in a little more effort than it takes to use a traditional coffee maker... and want the ability to tweak and perfect your coffee making skills... this is CERTAINLY for you. If you are lazy and wake up at the very last minute to scramble and get ready for work.. perhaps not. Or take it to work with you. If you have a sink... and some extra paper towels. Get my drift? Good Coffee but you have to work for it.
Shelby W.
Sunnyvale , Ca
So many camping trips that would've been disastrous if it weren't for my aeropress! This is so tiny and light weight it's perfect. I also use it at home if I'm the only one drinking coffee in the morning. I absolutely love it.
Marisa S.
San diego, CA
I love this thing so much! It brews the perfect cup of coffee. It takes away all the bitterness and leaves a smooth taste behind. It’s also sooooooo easy to clean!! Just pop out the grounds, rinse and you’re golden!
K M.
Baltimore, MD
Purchased at: Amazon
I bought this because although I want an Espresso machine, I don't think I'll use it enough to invest in one. Someone suggested the Aeropress. For the price and good reviews I figured it was worth a shot. The good: it is easy to use. I do the inverted method (plenty of YT videos on this) and I brew about 1½ to 2 minutes. I haven't used fresh ground beans yet but it still makes a smooth strong cup. I add hot water to make an American style cup of coffee. Straight brew is probably not quite Espresso but definitely stronger than a cup of coffee. I am going to try lattes and cappuccino once I get frother. The bad: it makes coffee a cup at a time. And not necessarily a bad thing, but you have to play around with the water temp and brew time and amount of coffee to customize your personalized brew.
Tai
ByTai
Elkhart, IN
Purchased at: Amazon
I absolutely love this coffee maker! It is so much better using whatever fresh coffee I want to make my individual morning cup. Prior to this, we had a K-cup machine, which although convenient, took up space on the counter and created extra garbage. Not to mention the individual cups are expensive. Now all we have to buy is filters, and I’ve been considering trying one of the reusable metal filters. Making things even more convenient, we have a hot water dispenser at our kitchen sink, so I can assemble and brew my own aero press coffee in the amount of time it takes to warm up another coffee maker. This is awesome for people who only need one cup at a time!
Svetlana P.
Kalamazoo, MI
If you like espresso but don't have money or space for espresso machine, get it. It's easy to use and consistent unlike mocha pot. We bought it for camping (best coffee solution for car camping) and ended up using it every day. Highly recommend