BY ADVANTAGE II

ADVANTAGE® II For Cats by Bayer Animal Health.  Once-A-Month Topical Flea Prevention and Treatment for Cats For Use ONLY on Cats 8 Weeks and Older.  For the Prevention and Treatment of Flea Infestations on Cats.  Kills all flea life stages.  Controls existing flea infestations on your cat and prevents further infestations.  Kills fleas within 12 hours of application.  Convenient, easy to apply topical solution.  Fragrance-free.  Waterproof. Advantage II for Cats kills all stages of the flea life cycle and lasts up to 30 days. Fragrance free and effective even after bathing. see more...

• Is this product better than front line?1 Answers
  • Is this completely safe to do at home? 3 Answers
  • Does this product keep fleas off for the whole month? I h...1 Answers
Advantage II Flea Prevention for Large Cats
  • "This product works great when I use it and it doesn't bother my cats or irritate their skin, but make sure they do not lick each other after it is applied!" in 6 reviews
Katie P.
Lebanon
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This product works well for killing any fleas on my cats and keeping others from getting onto them. I know fleas can be a pesky problem and it's hard to see our pets uncomfortable or itchy. I don't have to worry about that with this stuff! I have indoor cats and don't have to use this every month, but if I'm combing my cats and spot a flea or notice them scratching, I'll apply this. It lasts for a month and doesn't give my cats any skin reactions.
Yasmin A.
I’m so annoyed at this product bought a year supply of it. And it turns out it doesn’t work at all. I asked my veterinarian why it doesn’t work even though I’m doing everything right. And she said that they don’t update the formula of the flea drops so it doesn’t affect the flea on my baby. Hence spend over 120 dollars on flea drops that wouldn’t actually do anything so annoying. Now I have 7 months supply of flea drops that don’t actually have any help.
Jazmin N.
Johnstown, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
This is a great product for the price. I have a very large cat who is also overweight so I was happy to find a brand that isn't a "one size fits all" treatment. It definitely worked for a few weeks but maybe it's because of his size that I found a few fleas in the third week and before the next dose.
melody c.
['Cape Coral ', ''], FL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Advantage is one of the better brands for your feline friend. It's recommended by vets. As well you can get a cheap flea and tick medication. But it won't do the job justice. I worked at a pet store for 2 years and everyone always wanted to return frontline and sentry. Cheaper isn't always better. I recommend advantage for all your furry friends
Natalie S.
Norristown, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I love advantage! I use it for both my cats and dogs. I think it’s a great product, and it’s safe. One of the things I’ve learned is that not all flea/tick products have updated formulas and therefore the parasites can develop immunity. Advantage is one of the companies that consistently updates their formula! Also, one of my cats has had reactions to other brands of topical treatments, leading to irritation and hair loss at the site of application.. but he has no issues with advantage.
Michele C.
Ortonville
This product has always worked for my two larger cats. Only has to be applied once a month. Yes the scratching stopped. Only con is it sometimes runs down into a spot they can lick. But usually dried up by the next day.
Maura M.
Mars, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Advantage just doesn't seem to be as potent as it used to be. I used it for months on my cats and still saw fleas regularly. I'm not sure if they changed their formula at all, but it just did not do the job well enough.
Tali K.
Santa Barbara, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Advantage works. It's just sometimes difficult for me to give the full dosage, when my cat keeps moving around. Definitely meets my expectations. The Advantage flee colar is a great alternative. It lasts for eight months.
Laura G.
Grovetown
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
The product is a bit pricey but I find it worth it as it is a quality brand, easy to apply, and have proven to work! My cat does not mind me applying it. I buy the product from Petco and will continue to buy.
Brittney B.
I am so unsure about this product! We have used this product every month for a year. For the first 3 months it was perfect after that both our cats had fleas and there were fleas all over the house. These are indoor cats. Never go outside. We've flea bombed and vacuumed multiple times a day and can't seem to get rid of the fleas. The package says it kills fleas and eggs immediately but I don't see how that's true if after this long we still have fleas. I'll agree it helps with fleas but it doesn't Eliminate them. There are still fleas crawling all over tour cats. I have no idea what to do!
Katlyn V.
Should i still consider on buying something like this if my cat is only indoors? I know this is a silly question but i don't want to buy something if I don't think my cat might need it.
faith n.
Ocean, NJ
Does this stuff work better then frontline?
Misty S.
Houma, LA
Ok so I had a large 20+ lb cat and a 10lb dog and I brought in a stray kitten who had fleas i h bathed the kitten in everything from blue dawn to lemon joy and gold dial. the kitten STILL has fleas. is this stuff really worth the price? I need something good. my animals have never had fleas and it's driving my crazy!
Hayley W.
Homosassa, FL
One of my cats had a litter of kittens, and when they became of age we gave all but one to our family and friends. The one we have kept was because with her size, we were worried about her properly being taken care of. At 3 months old, she looks the size of a kitten just opening its eyes. Should I ask a veterinarian before putting any flea treatments on her?
Lily G.
Fort Worth, TX
Is this completely safe to do at home?