BY ADVANTAGE II #5 in Health & Grooming

ADVANTAGE® II For Cats by Bayer Animal Health.  Once-A-Month Topical Flea Prevention and Treatment for Cats For Use ONLY on Cats 8 Weeks and Older.  For the Prevention and Treatment of Flea Infestations on Cats.  Kills all flea life stages.  Controls existing flea infestations on your cat and prevents further infestations.  Kills fleas within 12 hours of application.  Convenient, easy to apply topical solution.  Fragrance-free.  Waterproof. Advantage II for Cats kills all stages of the flea life cycle and lasts up to 30 days. Fragrance free and effective even after bathing. see more...

• Is this product better than front line?1 Answers
  • Is this completely safe to do at home? 3 Answers
  • Does this product keep fleas off for the whole month? I have had ...1 Answers
Advantage II Flea Prevention for Large Cats
  • "This product works great when I use it and it doesn't bother my cats or irritate their skin, but make sure they do not lick each other after it is applied!" in 6 reviews
Yasmin A.
I’m so annoyed at this product bought a year supply of it. And it turns out it doesn’t work at all. I asked my veterinarian why it doesn’t work even though I’m doing everything right. And she said that they don’t update the formula of the flea drops so it doesn’t affect the flea on my baby. Hence spend over 120 dollars on flea drops that wouldn’t actually do anything so annoying. Now I have 7 months supply of flea drops that don’t actually have any help.
Jazmin N.
Johnstown, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This is a great product for the price. I have a very large cat who is also overweight so I was happy to find a brand that isn't a "one size fits all" treatment. It definitely worked for a few weeks but maybe it's because of his size that I found a few fleas in the third week and before the next dose.
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Getting ready to dose my babies again. This is the best as long as you keep up on it, though it's less effective on outdoor cats. Everything else we've tried tends to make our kittehs unhappy and doesn't work as well. We apply between the back of the ears rather than shoulders. Just seems to work better for us.
F R.
The only product I know for sure will work. I've never had a cat with an adverse reaction, just make sure you're paying attention to weight and never apply anywhere your cat can lick.
melody c.
Cape Coral, FL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Advantage is one of the better brands for your feline friend. It's recommended by vets. As well you can get a cheap flea and tick medication. But it won't do the job justice. I worked at a pet store for 2 years and everyone always wanted to return frontline and sentry. Cheaper isn't always better. I recommend advantage for all your furry friends
Robin T.
Russellville
I use this product on a outdoor only cat and and indoor/outdoor cat. Both of these cats are hunters and roam and go into a pasture. I do not have any trouble with fleas/ticks. It does not seem to bother them upon application no do I smell it.  This is my top product for flea tick prevention
Shara S.
Honolulu, HI
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I use this for my cat. At one point our flea problem was really bad. I tried frontline and that didn't work for us. Once I started the advantage it worked so fast. Till this day we don't have a flea problem anymore and I don't use it every month. I only use to when I notice my cat is scratching more often than normal.
Maura M.
Hellam, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Advantage just doesn't seem to be as potent as it used to be. I used it for months on my cats and still saw fleas regularly. I'm not sure if they changed their formula at all, but it just did not do the job well enough.
Tali K.
Santa Barbara, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Advantage works. It's just sometimes difficult for me to give the full dosage, when my cat keeps moving around. Definitely meets my expectations. The Advantage flee colar is a great alternative. It lasts for eight months.
Brittney B.
I am so unsure about this product! We have used this product every month for a year. For the first 3 months it was perfect after that both our cats had fleas and there were fleas all over the house. These are indoor cats. Never go outside. We've flea bombed and vacuumed multiple times a day and can't seem to get rid of the fleas. The package says it kills fleas and eggs immediately but I don't see how that's true if after this long we still have fleas. I'll agree it helps with fleas but it doesn't Eliminate them. There are still fleas crawling all over tour cats. I have no idea what to do!
Katlyn V.
Should i still consider on buying something like this if my cat is only indoors? I know this is a silly question but i don't want to buy something if I don't think my cat might need it.
faith n.
Ocean, NJ
Does this stuff work better then frontline?
Misty S.
Thibodaux, LA
Ok so I had a large 20+ lb cat and a 10lb dog and I brought in a stray kitten who had fleas i h bathed the kitten in everything from blue dawn to lemon joy and gold dial. the kitten STILL has fleas. is this stuff really worth the price? I need something good. my animals have never had fleas and it's driving my crazy!
Hayley W.
Homosassa, FL
One of my cats had a litter of kittens, and when they became of age we gave all but one to our family and friends. The one we have kept was because with her size, we were worried about her properly being taken care of. At 3 months old, she looks the size of a kitten just opening its eyes. Should I ask a veterinarian before putting any flea treatments on her?
Lily G.
Fort Worth, TX
Is this completely safe to do at home?