Add a Photo

By ADESSE
#37 in Nail Polish
Adesse global cosmetics, llc is a New York city based firm, specializing in the development of luxury beauty products for global consumers. Our signature brand; Adesse New York is a beautifully curated luxury line of organic infused nail lacquer; inspired by all things beautiful in New York. Our line features a revolutionary air gel peel off gel nail polish that enables air to circulate between the nail and the polish, allowing the nails to breath, grow and strengthen. It dries in 30 seconds, wears for up to two weeks and does not chip. Our advanced technology allows the gel polish to be removed by peeling it off and does not require soaking in acetone or scraping which damage the nails, making it a healthy alternative to traditional gel nail polish with damage the nails. The line also includes a super plumping gel effect collection; inspired by the iconic beauty, fashion and style of New York. The polish is a multi-tasking formula that fills ridges, smooths imperfections and delivers a professional salon gel effect manicure without UV or led lamps. Our world class liquid chrome Manhattan skylights collection delivers a high definition, chip resistant mirror finish to the nails. Our one-of-a-kind color palette is inspired by the lights and glamour of New York's most iconic scenes. We craft our polish with a proprietary blend of natural and organic micas, minerals and pigments to deliver a chip resistant, super shiny, light reflecting finish. We add organic bamboo extract, Shea oil and argon oil to help soothe and soften the cuticles. Our nail polish is "5 free"; free of toluene, butyl phthalate (DBP), formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and camphor. We manufacture all of our products in New York and do not test on animals.
Photos (82)
Millene A.
Millene A.
Melrose, MA
May 15, 2016, 6:02 p.m.
Review for: Gel Effect Ethyl Barrymore
I have this nail polish in Irina (a very pretty pale blue/purple) color. I was super stoked to try it because I love getting gel manicures. I was a little disappointed because I was expecting it to be just as effective as a gel manicure at the nail salon, which it's not. I think you need to pair it with a topcoat from the same brand in order for it to really work. I used a cheaper top coat from the drug store and my nail polish was chipping the next day...which is always a bummer. The color is beautiful, the quality is great (one or two coats is sufficient), and it dries relatively quickly. Just use a really good top coat with it to make it last.
Ely L.
Ely L.
Orem, UT
July 2, 2016, 3:19 a.m.
Review for: Gel Effect Skyscraper
I have this in shade Irina, a very beautiful gray color, but this baby ships so easily. it says to apply without a base or top coat so i did; it chipped within a few hours. i added a base coat (tried 2 different kinds), it lasted me about 12 hours. Added base and top coat, a full day!!! then just because i tried 2 different top coats (polish then top coat only). and it actually peeled off in one big piece, like a fake, cheap, press-on nail.
yeah I'm not a fan of this at all. but i guess this would be nice if you wanted a polish for only a few hours (photo-shoot perhaps).
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
Issaquah, WA
I got a bottle of this in an Ipsy bag and I was very impressed. I thought it had a really good opaque color and went on my nails amazingly. This does look like gel on the nails and really looks professionally done. It dries pretty fast too. Only complaint I have is the tendency to chip. For some reason this nail polish chips right off my fingernails in around 3-4 days. Pretty bummed because this polish is pretty pricey. I have definitely found polishes that are better for much cheaper, but it definitely could just be my nails since polishes work differently on everyone!
Graham, WA
April 24, 2016, 1:27 p.m.
Review for: Gel Effect Ethyl Barrymore
I have this in the Irina shade which is a grey with a hint of lilac, and it is a beautiful color. Even though this product is pricey for a nail polish it lasts so long it is definitely worth it. I do not use gel-effect polishes because I just do not like polishes that are super thick or take forever to dry without a lamp... But I did not have to worry about dry time or it being to think with this. I am definitely in love with this polish and it is my new go to. It will be hard using brands I know won't stand up to Adesse.
Chelsie L.
Chelsie L.
Yas. One of my favorite nail polishes everrrrr. It goes on so insanely smooth, it dries pretty quickly, it doesn't take but 2 layers to cover the entire nail the way you want, & it's organic. I'm basically obsessed. The smell isn't as strong as a normal polish either, which is a big plus for me! Great nail polish; actually makes me feel like I'm taking care of my nails a little bit, instead of just painting chemicals all over them.
Nicole K.
Nicole K.
Boise, ID
I was very interested in trying an organic nail polish, so I was excited to see I was getting one in my Ipsy glam bag! The color (Irina) wasn't my favorite, I'm not a huge fan of gray polish, but once I put it on it started to grow on me. Since the polish is a light color, I had to put on a couple of coats. It does go on well and dried pretty quickly. The smell isn't quite as bad as other polishes, which is nice.
Kasia L.
Kasia L.
Boulder, CO
I got this in a recent Ipsy bag and though I'm not a huge nail polish wearer (almost never paint my nails) I do like grey. I do think I will pick this when I do decide to paint my nails. It chipped pretty fast which was disappointing since this is a pretty expensive product but it certainly could have been due to user error because I'm pretty bad at painting my nails and I'm pretty sure I didn't use a base coat.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
Maynardville, TN
I received this in my Ipsy bag and very rarely use anything other than red polish and usually it's the cheap stuff this was so smooth to apply and looked like I had my toes professionally painted. The grey, purple color wasn't a favorite at first but it's definitely growing on me and jm excited to try more colors. At $22.99 the price is a little steep but I'm thinking this large bottle will last quite some time.
Allison D.
Allison D.
This nail polish wasn't exactly a "stand-out" product for me. I'm excited about using an "organic" nail polish, but it's not that big of a concern to me. I like the colour (grey), but it was very, very thick in the bottle. It was probably because of the gel effect, but I had a hard time with the application (may have just been due to user error, but still).
Vanessa  G.
Vanessa G.
Palmdale, CA
I have this nail polish in irina. It came in my ipsy bag. As soon as I tried it on I fell in love! I'm very picky with my nail polishes. But this one is perfect. ! I've already bought more colors because I think these polishes are worth the 18$. Plus they're organic as well. I highly recommend these for girls that love the gel look without the gel price.
Vicci F.
Vicci F.
El Campo, TX
I was wondering if this polish dries fast ? Does it last long? Do you like the colors ? how many coats do I need ?
Graham, WA
Which color do you guys love the best?
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Has anyone tried their holographic nail polish? I heard it chips easily but would love another opinion before buying! Thank you!
Holly N.
Holly N.
Little Rock, AR
What is your favorite Adesse fingernail polish color?
Nikiya W.
Nikiya W.
Denver, CO
I have been looking for a new black polish for a while now how many coats do you have to use to get its true color?