BY A+D #8 in Diaper Rash Treatments

A D Diaper Rash Ointment: Heal diaper irritation and redness Prevent future irritation Made with soothing lanolin see more...

• Does this work good to treat a diaper rash or just preven...4 Answers
A+D Diaper Rash & Skin Protectant Original Ointment

Start your review of A+D Diaper Rash & Skin Protectant Original Ointment!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Kelly C.
Montrose
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Normally we have always used Desitin and actually did not realize A&D made a diaper rash ointment. I typically don't like the ointments because it reminds me of the "moisture barrier ointment" they use in the hospital which is pretty much useless. But this stuff works! Our son was staying over with his Aunt and Uncle and he tends to get diaper reash each time he's teething. Ran out of our norm so that's what they picked uo. Worked wonderfully
Amber R.
St Petersburg, FL
Purchased at: Walmart
I rotate between using this and the Aquaphor baby ointment to keep diaper irritation away. I can't decide which product I like better. I think I like them both equally. The A&D ointment has a stronger smell. It doesn't bother me, but may bother other people. This is a great product to form a barrier between your baby's skin and moisture from their diaper. It keeps them from getting irritated and that keeps my baby happy which makes me very happy. I would recommend.
Crystal G.
Houston, Tx
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
My son caught a stomach bug and as a result had the worst diaper rash I've ever seen. Nothing helped. Putting anything on made him squirm in pain. I tried A+D diaper cream and it finally soothed him and healed the rash almost overnight! None of my usual creams worked and this did!! I had never used it before but recognized it from working at a daycare. Now it's all we use!
Kristen S.
Baton Rouge
Purchased at: Walmart
This is my absolute fave diaper rash cream. It has worked better than all the others I have tried. Doesn’t have an over powering smell. Is like a clearish feel so you don’t get a white pasty mess. It protects the skin and last longer than the pastes. Can also be used on other areas like the neck if your baby drools a lot and gets a rash. Has many many uses.
Marlene E.
Fontana , CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I've tried so many diaper rash creams and honestly this has been the best for me! It took away the red rash my son would get. Every time I see red coming I put this on and it goes away when he gets his next diaper change! And it your lips are chapped you can put some on yourself at night and boom soft morning lips! I put a&d for everything lol
Jeanette L.
New York , NY
Purchased at: Target
This ointment has the texture of Vaseline. You get a lot for your money depending on where you are purchasing. I find that it is better at preventing diaper rashes as opposed to treating them. It has many other used as well as a apply a bit to her dry patches of skin but would never use it as a full body lotion. The texture is not good for that
Melissa B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This product is Amazing. We switch between this and another brand and this brand is our favorite. The only downside is the strange fragrance that it gives off, but when it comes to beating diaper rashes in their tracks that's such a small sacrifice. This ointment is perfect for any time of the day. It does wonderful overnight as well.
Jade H.
Alexander, AR
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I prefer this diaper ointment over destin & other top brands. I feel like it really seals out wetness on my baby’s bottom and keeps her dry at night especially. Other creams are so thick & I almost feel like they create dampness & don’t help when my little has a rash because it needs to stay dry in that area and this definitely helps!
Leyana W.
St Petersburg, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
This is my favorite diaper rash cream. It instantly soothes my son when he’s starting to get raw and clears it up quickly. My family has been using this brand & product for years and don’t often dabble with anything else. I love the smell of it and it’s easy to spread onto baby’s skin. Much easier to work with than Vaseline
Elva J.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I love this diaper cream so much, it has giving me such great results and i love how its like a clear gel and very easy to apply and blend to skin. This product can be found at any near by store which is awesome and convenient for me. When i apply this lotion my baby seems to have some fast relief and fuzzy feeling wears off.
Megan W.