BY A+D #8 in Diaper Rash Treatments

A D Diaper Rash Ointment: Heal diaper irritation and redness Prevent future irritation Made with soothing lanolin see more...

• Does this work good to treat a diaper rash or just preven...4 Answers
A+D Diaper Rash & Skin Protectant Original Ointment

Start your review of A+D Diaper Rash & Skin Protectant Original Ointment!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Debbie G.
Myrtle Beach
Being a pharmacist, I give recommendations to patients and I’m very particular on what products I recommend.  I recommend this product all the time to parents.  It is not that expensive and comes in a descent size tube.  I also will recommend this product for babies on antibiotics to prevent diaper rash as a result of diarrhea induced from the antibiotic.  Great product and a go to product for me as a pharmacist.  There are a couple brands I carry and this is the preferred brand by my customers who do not ask my recommendation.  We reorder this more often than the other brands.
Christy L.
Fowler
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This is my holy grail product for my daughters diaper needs. Both of my sisters encouraged me to use Aquaphor, and I tried that when she was first born, but her diaper rashes seemed to linger in FOREVER, and she got them pretty frequently. Since I switched over to this, she only gets a rash when I am not diligent about using A&D, and once she has a rash, this stuff clears it up within a day. It is a miracle product!
Christina G.
Greenwood, SC
This ointment is non greasy, washes off easy and easy to apply to the affected area where needed. It is very affordable and it is the best! While creams work they work slowly. The ointment absorbs faster into the skin and takes a lot let's time to cure. Definitely a must have in your kids diaper bag. Also it's really great for your kids boo-boos. Its pretty much like a Neosporin! Great product to invest in!!
Becca S.
Jefferson
I always have, and always will, use this ointment to protect my tattoos! It’s very affordable and keeps your skin hydrated during the itchy phase! Whether you buy it names brand or off-brand, I’ve never seen a difference in the quality! I definitely recommend all of my fellow tattooed peeps to invest in this! A little bit goes a long way!
Sam K.
Roseburg, OR
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I love this ointment! I received it as a gift from my dad before my daughter was born. I use it on my daughter at the first sign of redness in the diaper area and at night to protect her skin from wetness. It works great (even with cloth diapers), and the container is huge. You use so little at a time that I feel like I’ll never run out.
Abby M.
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
We use this more than any other diaper cream. My son has had several ear infections over the last few months, and the medication gives him diarrhea fairly often, resulting in angry rashes. Putting this on before bed works incredibly well between the last and first diaper change the next day.
Madison G.
San Antonio, TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This product does wonders. Even the worst diaper rashes don’t stand a chance against this ointment! If they have or haven’t broken skin this will heal it quickly and painlessly. The ointment also protects from further damage! Thick and easy to apply! Recommend to all the mamas out there!
Maria L.
buffalo
A&D has a permanent place on my shelf since the 1970’s! It’s affordable, does the job and every tattoo artist I’ve used, STILL recommends this ointment, during tattoo recovery. It’s long-standing good reputation speaks for itself💯‼️A&D Ointment, 4-Ounce (Pack of 2)
amber a.
80907
I have never used anything different on my tattoos! I put on a nice layer to keep my tattoos protected! I dont think ever use anything else. It does leave you feeling oily so that is a downfall if you cannot deal with that feeling. I personally can get over it.
Stephanie M.
New Haven
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
My 2-year-old has unbelievably sensitive skin. We tried at least 4 other creams that made her rash worse, or created more skin problems, before trying A&D. This has been the only rash cream we've used since discovering that it really works for her!
Megan W.