BY A+D #8 in Diaper Rash Treatments

A D Diaper Rash Ointment: Heal diaper irritation and redness Prevent future irritation Made with soothing lanolin see more...

• Does this work good to treat a diaper rash or just preven...4 Answers
Mariana A.
West valley, UT
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I am using A+D Diaper Rash & Skin Protectant Original Ointment for my baby and I absolutely swear by it I have the 4oz and it has lasted me so long !
Only issue I have is that my lid broke off due to me taking it everywhere so now I have to keep it in a plastic bag but I am NOT wasting the rest of my 3 oz!
This has lasted me forever! It is worth the cost because the formula is just so great, and it is not WHITE like most creams it is a yellow Vaseline like ointment and it will treat even the worst diaper rash in a day or so! Even for rashes on my kids skin sometimes I would apply and it would help.
Highly recommend to give for baby showers or for any new moms looking for a good product here you go !
Debbie G.
Myrtle Beach
Being a pharmacist, I give recommendations to patients and I’m very particular on what products I recommend.  I recommend this product all the time to parents.  It is not that expensive and comes in a descent size tube.  I also will recommend this product for babies on antibiotics to prevent diaper rash as a result of diarrhea induced from the antibiotic.  Great product and a go to product for me as a pharmacist.  There are a couple brands I carry and this is the preferred brand by my customers who do not ask my recommendation.  We reorder this more often than the other brands.
Christy L.
Fowler
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This is my holy grail product for my daughters diaper needs. Both of my sisters encouraged me to use Aquaphor, and I tried that when she was first born, but her diaper rashes seemed to linger in FOREVER, and she got them pretty frequently. Since I switched over to this, she only gets a rash when I am not diligent about using A&D, and once she has a rash, this stuff clears it up within a day. It is a miracle product!
Becca S.
Jefferson
I always have, and always will, use this ointment to protect my tattoos! It’s very affordable and keeps your skin hydrated during the itchy phase! Whether you buy it names brand or off-brand, I’ve never seen a difference in the quality! I definitely recommend all of my fellow tattooed peeps to invest in this! A little bit goes a long way!
Abby M.
1928 15th Street
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
We use this more than any other diaper cream. My son has had several ear infections over the last few months, and the medication gives him diarrhea fairly often, resulting in angry rashes. Putting this on before bed works incredibly well between the last and first diaper change the next day.
Madison G.
San Antonio, TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This product does wonders. Even the worst diaper rashes don’t stand a chance against this ointment! If they have or haven’t broken skin this will heal it quickly and painlessly. The ointment also protects from further damage! Thick and easy to apply! Recommend to all the mamas out there!
Chelsea J.
Huntsville, AL
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
We keep a tube of this at all times! We use it as a diaper rash preventative. Putting it on my baby/toddler at every diaper change. This has been around so long and there’s a reason for that.. it’s the best diaper rash/skin protectant out there! I would definitely recommend!
Maria L.
buffalo
A&D has a permanent place on my shelf since the 1970’s! It’s affordable, does the job and every tattoo artist I’ve used, STILL recommends this ointment, during tattoo recovery. It’s long-standing good reputation speaks for itself💯‼️A&D Ointment, 4-Ounce (Pack of 2)
amber a.
80907
I have never used anything different on my tattoos! I put on a nice layer to keep my tattoos protected! I dont think ever use anything else. It does leave you feeling oily so that is a downfall if you cannot deal with that feeling. I personally can get over it.
Stephanie M.
New Haven
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
My 2-year-old has unbelievably sensitive skin. We tried at least 4 other creams that made her rash worse, or created more skin problems, before trying A&D. This has been the only rash cream we've used since discovering that it really works for her!
Megan W.