BY ACTIVE NETWORK, LLC

***iOS 7 GPS Tracking Update*** Many applications are experiencing GPS issues with iOS7. Within Settings, there is a new feature called, "Background App Refresh". This must be enabled for an app to continue to run while in the background. To ensure your GPS works properly go to Settings -> General -> Background App Refresh, and move the switch next to the Couch to 5k app to the on position. For additional support please contact us at: MobileSupport@activenetwork.com. We would love to hear from you. WINNER of the 2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness App! "The popular Couch-to-5K app helps new runners avoid injury from doing too much, too soon." —Runners World, June 2012 "It's ridiculously easy to use (it's hard not to, as you just do what you're told) and it's fantastic that you have an encouraging voice talking you through things." —Engadget, June 2012 Get off the couch with the OFFICIAL Couch-to-5K® training app from Active.com! This oft-imitated program has helped thousands of new runners move from the couch to the finish line. Spend just 20 to 30 minutes, three times a week, for nine weeks, and you’ll be ready to finish your first 5K (3.1-mile) race! ------------------------------------------------ APP FEATURES ------------------------------------------------ • Training plan designed by Active.com trainers • Choose from 4 different motivating virtual coaches—Johnny Dead, Constance, Billie or Sergeant Block • Hear real-human audio cues to guide you through each workout • Listen to your favorite playlists with in-app music player • Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support (requires iPhone 3G, 3GS, or iPhone 4 and iOS 4.0 or greater) • Log your workouts, share your progress on Facebook and get support from the largest running community on Active.com Trainer • Repeat workouts and track your best performance • Treadmill support allows manual entry of workouts • Track your progress with total distance and average pace • Graphs for workouts to compare distance and pace Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. MORE PRAISE: "Active.com’s Couch-to-5K is one of my favorite couch-to-5K apps. With its customizable features, interactivity, and well-rounded interface, I may actually stay off the couch this time." —148Apps, October 2011 "I knew as soon as I decided to start the Couch-to-5K program that I would need something to keep me accountable—not just to showing up for my training, but to actually doing it properly. Of course there’s an app for that." —CalorieLab, April 2012 "If you have been struggling to get your buns off the couch and somewhat in shape before the summer hits, training for a 5K is not a bad way to start. If you are looking for a program to help get you there, then the “Couch-to-5K” running plan by CoolRunning is probably your best bet if you haven’t done an ounce of athletic activity for a number of years." —Droid Life, April 2012 THIS APP AND ANY INFORMATION GIVEN BY IT OR THE ACTIVE NETWORK INC. ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED NORIMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE BEGINNING ANY FITNESS PROGRAM. IN PARTICULAR, THE ACTIVITIES AND EXERCISES DESCRIBED IN TRAINING PROGRAMS ANDARTICLES ON ACTIVE CAN BE DANGEROUS AND MAY RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH. YOU MUST CONSULT WITH A LICENSED PHYSICIAN BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES DESCRIBED IN THE APPLICATION. see more...

Active Network, LLC Couch
  • "I started using it when I was already in shape and I skipped the first few days but if you never do any exercise you can start from the beginning and you'll for sure get to the harder workouts." in 1 review
  • "As long as you keep up with it, it's a great way to slowly build on how long you can run." in 1 review
Courtney H.
Courtney H.
Georgetown, KY
I love using the Couch to 5K app. I have a goal to do a 5K in October, without walking at all. The workouts progress and get harder, but it's a good way to push yourself and make yourself keep progressing. I like that you can pause it if you need a little more time, and that it talks to you to tell you when to change from walking to running. It makes it super easy to use.
shala2124 C.
shala2124 C.
Decatur
I really love this app. I used it a few years ago to start my running journey and it really helped up my endurance and speed. I'm now using it again after having a baby 10 months ago and love how easy it starts out. It's really doable and gives you the confidence to keep going.
Misty B.
Misty B.
Fullerton, CA
Techie Expert
I use this in conjunction with my Apple Watch and the my fitness pal app. It's really helped me stick to my New Years resolution of running three to four times per week. So far I've lost fifteen pounds with this app!
Stacy W.
Stacy W.
Richmond, VA
I like this type of apps a lot. I've never enjoyed exersize because I'm out of shape, but these couch to 5k apps make it realistic and you can see your progress. That being said, this is not the best app of this type that I've used. It doesn't allow you to repeat days if you can't do a certain day, which is something I used to have to do a lot. I just think the way that it tracks your progress could be done in a way that is a lot more user friendly, which would in turn be more motivating.
Casey T.
Casey T.
Atlanta, GA
I was never a runner until I found this app. As long as you keep up with it, it's a great way to slowly build on how long you can run. Never skip more than 2 days between sessions though or you'll definitely notice a struggle!
Philadelphia, PA
I used the couch to 5K app on my iPhone to prepare for my last charity walk/run. The interface is easy to use. The app actually works to help you achieve your goal of running a 5k!
Taylor P.
Taylor P.
I not a runner, at all! But this has definitely made a huge difference! It is challenging without being impossible, and it helps me stick with it!
Melissa K.
Melissa K.
Great app to get you up and running!! My favorite part is that I can control my music from the app. other running apps I need to get out set music and get back in to track my run.
Melissa R.
Melissa R.
Montreal , QC
This app is great if you never ran before and want to get at it. I started using it when I was already in shape and I skipped the first few days but if you never do any exercise you can start from the beginning and you'll for sure get to the harder workouts. I did have to repeat a few of the workouts because I wasn't ready to move on but eventually you get there. Its great because practically everyone runs with their phone/iPod for music so you can just add this app, still listen your music, and while your music is playing some voice will tell you to either run or walk. It's like a personal trainer in your phone.
Philadelphia, PA
When was your last 5k run/walk!
Courtney C.
Courtney C.
How long of a spand is this program?