BY GIORGIO ARMANI #1 in Fragrance for Him

With its fresh marine, calabrian bergamot and cedar notes, Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani delivers pure freshness and the warmth of the Mediterranean Sea.

• Anyone else find it hard not to sniff people when you smell this??34 Answers
  • I have a question is it afordabl 28 Answers
  • please can i get some of this in a box please4 Answers
Yanet C.
Yanet C.
Hialeah, FL
This is one of the most popular mens' fragrances since it was launched by Giorgio Armani in 1996. The reason for its universal appeal its just the right blend of floral, fruity and musky notes to create an aroma that is pleasing for men to wear. And as a woman, I can vouch for its pleasant effect on my olfactory senses.

Here is the composition:
Top Notes : Florals/ Citrus - Jasmine, Rosemary, Hespiridic (citrusy)
Middle Notes: Fruity, fresh - Persimmon Fruits, Marine Notes
Base Notes: Woodsy, Musky - Cedar, Patchouli, White Musk, Rock Rose

The overall effect is not too overpowering, and the transition between notes is subtle. It's a fragrance that lends itself well to daytime wear as well as evening wear. I find it a very well balanced perfume .
Robert H.
Robert H.
Bloomington, MN
This one was another one of my favorites over a decade ago. It was so original smelling; very fresh, wood-y and aquatic. It was different than every other fresh men's scent at the time.

The ladies loved it and I did too.

That was before every guy in the world started bathing in AdG or some strikingly similar clone of it; walking around with a loud and annoying cloud of AdG odor wafting everywhere they went; with the bottle in their pocket so they could re-over-apply it any time the cloud started to die down.

I still have my very old bottle and I give myself a spray or two before work on a hot summer day every year or two, but smelling it so strongly for so long has ruined it.
Meesha K.
Meesha K.
Eden Prairie, MN
Let me begin by saying that I really love this cologne! I'm usually the one who buys cologne for my Hubby. He smells absolutely "handsome" to put it politely and "sexy" (oops) when he has this on. It's fresh yet warm without being too sporty, too citrusy, too musky... Like it doesn't smell like a body wash or deodorant or like cigars. It's long-lasting - a little goes a long way and lasts all day. This is Hubby's staple along with D&G Light Blue. I would recommend this for younger men bc it is a tad over-powering in comparison to DGLB. My dad prefers DGLB, which is more subtle.
Sherriann L.
Sherriann L.
San Ramon, CA
This is hands down my favorite men's fragrance. If someone is wearing this, I want to stand as close as possible to them so I can smell them (in a non creepy way.) It just smells so fresh and clean. I introduced my boyfriend to it and he loves it as well. And when I worked in cosmetics, I would recommend this to people all the time. Due to it's popularity it comes in huge sizes which end up being a really great value (4.2 oz and up). If you don't know about this fragrance, definitely go get a sample. It's one of those scents that smells good on everyone.
Izzy J.
Izzy J.
This scent is classic and perfect for any occasion. It's a good price point for the amount of product, although my cousin goes through it like water. I think if you use it like any normal person it will last a good amount of time. I think it's good to splurge on one cologne that you'll use all the time and that you love. Having just that one is enough. I personally think this scent works on anyone and surprising it's not overwhelmingly masculine like most colognes nowadays. It's rich and clean, which is very nice. An intoxicating fragrance for sure.
Juan M.
Juan M.
This is an everyday scent for me, though for most people I would assume it might be a going out scent. It hhas a very sophisticated mature scent and definitely smells like someone with money and class. I can't pick out the notes because I'm just not that great at it, but I do get compliments at work and my girlfriend tends to gift me the large bottle of it because she says she lives the smell of it on me. I like the brand, I have some Armani watches, overall they are just good quality.
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Oh high school. There you are. Half of the boys in my high school rocked this (hose whose parents would spring for actual cologne for them vs. body spray from a drug store like curve. (I'm not hating on curve, plenty of good memories there)

It's got a good scent. Manly but not too overwhelming, fresh and crisp also come to mind. Hubby has this and I always get myself in trouble by telling him that he smells of a high school boy when I bury my face in his neck. 😂😂😂
Christina C.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
My boyfriend used to wear this all the time. He loves this. Its his favorite cologne. He says its very fresh, but sweet at the same time. A very seductive smell if you will. He says it goes great with his body chemistry also. He said here soon, he will be going to buy a huge bottle of this because he misses this scent so much. A definite luxurious smell for men. I highly recommend. My boyfriend LOVES to look good and smell good just like me lol
Meghan S.
Meghan S.
My husband wears this and I have to say I am in love with it. It smells amazing and it is something that we never get tired of smelling. Some colognes you get tired of after a while but that is not the case with this one. We recommend it to others for sure. It may be a little on the pricey side but it is worth the money. We bought my husbands at Macy's and we will be purchasing more in the future since we already have been for years.
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
East Boston, MA
I completely love this scent and bought it for my son as his first real cologne years ago. It's light ,fresh, and clean scented. It's not overpowering. You can also tell that it's a high end cologne which some people like. My son just likes to smell good but not overkill. He still wears this often but has branched out, but this is his go to cologne. The notes of this are what he compares all scents to. His forever holy grail cologne.
Diana Kitsune M.
Diana Kitsune M.
Portland, OR
Would you recommend this for someone in their 20s?
Brittany A.
Brittany A.
Hammond, LA
Is this a popular fragrance for men?
Mairead D.
Mairead D.
Where is the best place to buy this fragrance? I know its at Macy's but is there anywhere cheaper??
Karen H.
Karen H.
Vanceburg, Kentucky
I wonder if this smells good?
Karyna H.
Karyna H.
Is this cologne a good present ?