BY ACER #25 in Laptops

Find Portable Computers at Target.com! A fresh concept for mobile computing, the Acer Chromebook CB3-111 is a cost-effective, web-based solution for all your needs. This computer differs from traditional laptops in the sense that you store your files in the Cloud/Google Drive as opposed to on the machine itself, freeing you up to surf and work without weighing down your hard drive. The Chromebook also runs off of web-based apps, not PC applications and operates directly on the Google Chrome operating system, creating a nimble unit that's designed to be connected to the internet. Color: White Orchid. see more...

OnDeane J.
PHILADELPHIA, PA
Perfect for my 7 yr. He needed a laptop to do his homework from school. This was affordable and easy for him to use (considering his age). I do wish it had a number pad however shop he could learn to type numbers realistically without having to reach to the top of the keyboard.
Dylan W.
I bought a chromebook for school, in lieu of using a very large and too-heavy laptop - I needed something more easily portable for running back and forth to libraries and campus. This is my first Chromebook and I have to say I'm QUITE impressed. I remember when they first came out people were complaining about how limiting they are, that they only work when connected to wifi, only work with certain applications, you can't do this, can't do that, etc, etc. I have found ZERO limitations, at least in terms of anything I've tried to do with it. The speed with which it comes up and is ready to go is astonishing - I'm so accustomed to processors and programs having to all boot up while I drink a cup of coffee waiting on it, this thing is practically always "on" or at least as close to "on" as a computer can get. It's small and light profile makes it so easy to throw in a bag and go, I've even been able to cut back to a smaller book bag because this just takes up less space.

I have to say the battery life is also one of the most remarkable aspects of this device. I always see to it that it's fully charged before I head off to a day at the library, but even after spending LITERALLY all day at a library, working non stop on the computer and even doing data-heavy operations that should hit the battery pretty hard, I can still count on leaving the library at the end of the day with a good 3-6 HOURS of battery life still showing. I've taken to not even bothering to pack my charger anymore - it's unnecessary.

I'm SOLD on Chromebooks, I think if my big huge laptop ever dies I'll just replace it with one of these. For years I thought I HAD to have a windows laptop because of my need for word processing, excel, etc, but when I bought this I started using Google docs and have fallen in love with that completely. I love that no matter where or on what device I sign into my Google account my documents are there, waiting on me. Great device, I highly recommend!
Ashley P.
Vacaville
For a chrome book this is ok. It's just your typical simple settings chrome book. With the google operating system and using apps for everything. It is internet based so you really can't do much without wifi or some kind of internet. The only problem I have experienced with it is that it shuts off randomly.
Stephanie O.
Tampa, FL
i own this laptop and yes its not a bad laptop but what i dont like about it is  that  it doesnt have any good editing apps for youtubers if you want to start a channel i suggest you get any windows computer
Kelsey M.
I ordered my Chromebook from Amazon, from Acer, and it came perfectly fine. Shipping was not an issue. There was something glitchy with the hardware, and it would randomly shut off and restart on me with absolutely no prompting. It was not overheating, the battery was fine, and honestly no one could figure out what was wrong with it. Since I bought it in November 2014, I have sent it back to Acer for servicing THREE TIMES and it still doesn't work properly. It restarts, does other weird things, and honestly they only messed it up more the last time I sent it in; now the touchpad is lodged into place and doesn't really work like it did. I LOVED this thing when it worked, because it's so lightweight, it's pretty fast, start-up is almost instant, and it has a matte screen, but honestly none of those things matter if the darn thing doesn't stay on. Avoid this product, as I've heard that many others have had similar issues.
Chloe H.
Brunswick, GA
I love my little chromebook! Its lightweight and easy on the go, it holds a charge for a very long time, and makes school a breeze! I gravitated towards it due to the price and I am very satisfied with it!
Kerra S.
Lutherville Timonium, MD
I got this computer for browsing the internet to give my Mac Book a break and it does a wonderful job of exactly that. Sometimes it does freeze when I open too many tabs which can be really annoying, but it reboots in all off 2 seconds so I'm not too upset about it. If you need a lightweight computer that's good for surfing the internet then this is the perfect choice. It's compact enough to fit in my purse and the battery lasts so long. This computer was the perfect addition to my life to help give my sad old macbook a well deserved break.
dharlyn joy l.
Metuchen, NJ
I was looking for a laptop to use for school. i am currently going to school for nursing and i decided to buy the acer chromebook because it was basically designed for google. i use the google version for microsoft office which i think is great. it syncs to my tablet, cellphone and i can easily access all of my notes. the laptop itself is very light and compact... ( I'm a small person) so i can easily just add it to my bag and it doesn't add much weight to the rest of my EXTRA HUMONGOUS nursing books
alexandra v.
San Diego, CA
I love it! It was so cheap and exactly whag i needed. So simple to use small and theres different colors to choose from. I use it daily for my kid to watch his videos and for my hw and essays. I haven't had any problems so far and ive had it for a few months now. I would deffinatley recommend it fkr people on a budget in school. Not sure if this is the exact same one that i got but the one i got was 175$ on amazon and its great. Everything is backed up to your google account
Shanae W.
Margate, FL
This has been my favorite laptop so far and it's my 4th one. I love that it's straight to the point and doesn't have all the unnecessary software that comes with a lot of computers. It's the perfect blogging computer because it's fast and easy. I can go from the doc app to Wordpress right from browser instead of going from program to web.
Dani H.
Canyon Country, CA
I am looking for a cheap laptop to use for voiceover recording. I am hoping to use it with Audacity, Itunes, and Gmail. No more, no less. My biggest questions are: Is it quiet? (I need this thing to be silent!) and Will Itunes work perfectly? Thanks!