BY ACANA

Shea L.
Shea L.
Pet Lover Expert
This was a good food for my dog. Unfortunately, I had to switch to something with less calories since she was gaining weight. I liked that it was a high quality food from Canada. Just a little on the expensive side!
Ashley F.
Ashley F.
Lynchburg, VA
I had fed my two bullmastiffs raw for the last year until it became to expensive, so after thorough research, we switched to Acana, the next best thing from raw food. Being that my dogs are massive and love food, they gobbled the kibble up quickly. Love that the quality of the food is top notch. The dogs are fed less quantity-wise compared to other kibble brands. The only con is that it is almost just as expensive as feeding raw.
Ada M.
Ada M.
Orlando, FL
This more expensive than other brands but you get what you pay for. This dog food has high quality ingredients. And my dogs really seem to like it.
christine c.
christine c.
Hawthorne, NY
Have tried once but not held in every store. This was too expensive to be worth it but dogs seem to like !
Ganesh g.
Ganesh g.
I love this company champion foods. it makes orijen which is the step up of acana being it's sister formula. the only difference between the 2 is the meat content. This is by far the best brand of food you can buy, a bit pricey but not when you look in the long run. it has a rewards program so you get a free bag and you know what you get from this as it tells you it's 60%meat content and no by products just local farm fresh free range ingredients! I worked at a small organic high end dog food store and this is what topped all other brands of dry food. do your research people don't go for big box brands made full of wheat corn chemicals and by products. our pets are animals at heart and need to eat high protein. my pets shed less aren't lethargic have good teeth and poop less and smaller.
Kelly C.
Kelly C.
I highly recommend this dog food. Orijen is made by the same company and is also excellent, but I find the Acana doesn't smell as bad as the Orijen. You will pay more than the average for this food, but I find that it works out to cost about the same when you consider that the recommended portions are smaller than the average dog food.

When starting your dog on this food try starting at the lower end of the portion size for your dog's weight. My dog is at the mid-to-high end of her range and I feed her the lowest recommended portion - it is enough for her to maintain a healthy weight.
Sydnee H.
Sydnee H.
Acana is one of the best pet food brands out there. The quality is amazing and the taste must be too since my dogs would always eat every piece when they were on it.
Liselle C.
Liselle C.
Vancouver, BC
I've tried veterinarian brand dog food and nothing compares to this! My dogs (5 and 7 years old) have been on this since they were puppies. No problems eating this :) They're usually really picking but they love this! I would recommend this to any dog owner!
sharmaine rose g.
sharmaine rose g.
Edmonton, Alberta
When i got my dog, she was having beneful. i switched her to acana as it is so much healthier and balanced than the other one. she loves it!
sarah n.
sarah n.
Thunder Bay, Ontario
I highly recommend this brand. Ingredients you can read and trust. Wild Prairie is fantastic starter flavor as well, I find most dogs have zero issues adjusting.