by Academy Sports + Outdoors
Ask a Question
Cara L.
Cara L.
Iowa City, IA

What is the return process like? Is it easy? Do they offer refunds or store credit?
bonnie J.
bonnie J.
Oct. 17, 2016, 10:13 p.m.
Very easy dont question u and great store
Shelby L.
Shelby L.
March 29, 2016, 12:46 p.m.
So easy. Even if you don't have the receipt or tags you can return no problem
Samantha D.
Samantha D.
Oct. 10, 2015, 2:30 p.m.
Very easy. I've only ever made exchanges
Savannah S.
Savannah S.
July 30, 2015, 3:04 p.m.
The returns are so easy, I buy my boyfriend's work boots here
Samantha R.
Samantha R.
July 29, 2015, 1:05 p.m.
Cash refund
Mezi G.
Mezi G.
July 24, 2015, 11:22 a.m.
Very easy returns, no hassles. I've returned things even after 30 days and got no grief over it.
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
June 17, 2015, 4:27 a.m.
I have never had a problem returning items. If you have a receipt they will give a full refund. If you do not they give store credit
Dusty S.
Dusty S.
June 9, 2015, 7:37 p.m.
I've recently return things without tags and was able to get a cash refund
Ashley  W.
Ashley W.
June 8, 2015, 4:25 p.m.
I made a return a few weeks ago. I had the tags but there were not attached and I had my receipt. Everything went very smooth. The credited my credit card with the full amount!
Kristine K.
Kristine K.
Jan. 10, 2015, 4:34 p.m.
Easy returns. It is a no hassle return policy but items need to be in sellable condition unless there is a defect. No receipt will be store credit. Personal items (sports bras, boxers) as well as firearms and ammunition have a no return policy. High end sunglasses must have tags still attached to return.
Tessa S.
Tessa S.
Aug. 4, 2014, 10:07 p.m.
If you have your receipt it should be fine. Without a receipt you will sometimes get issued store credit.
Jay B.
Jay B.
Feb. 15, 2014, 6:56 p.m.
Their return policy is no hassle! If you don't have a receipt they will give you merchandise credit at the current price of the item. You may need to provide your drivers license to return without receipt. If you are to exchange hurry before it marks down.
michelle r.
michelle r.
Feb. 1, 2014, 3:30 p.m.
A receipt is not needed for most returns, but the refund amount will be based on the current item price. If the item is no longer in stock, their system has a 'last price' listed.
Emily D.
Emily D.
March 28, 2013, 9:32 a.m.
It's easy but one time, even with reciept, they didn't give a full refund. I guess it got marked down even more since I had gotten it.
Holly R.
Holly R.
March 19, 2013, 8:32 a.m.
Return with receipt
Martha L.
Martha L.
Feb. 25, 2013, 4:51 p.m.
I think if you have your receipt they refund. Returns are really easy...we have had zero.issuss

Join Now