BY ABSOLUT

Absolut Vodka was first launched in New York in 1979. It soon became the talk of the town, in the US and eventually of the world. But the recipe behind the clean and natural taste of Absolut is actually older than 30 years. So is the 18th century medicine bottle found in an antique store in Stockholm, Sweden that gave inspiration to the iconic Absolut Vodka bottle.

What does true taste of vodka taste like?

Absolut Vodka is a Swedish vodka made exclusively from natural ingredients, and unlike some other vodkas, it doesn’t contain any added sugar. In fact Absolut is as clean as vodka can be. Still, it has a certain taste: Rich, full-bodied and complex, yet smooth and mellow with a distinct character of grain, followed by a hint of dried fruit.

Why change what's perfect?

In 1879, Lars Olsson Smith introduced the continuous distillation with which he made Absolut Rent Brännvin. Instead of the usual three or four times, the vodka was distilled an infinite number of times. 100 years later, it was reintroduced as Absolut. Just as then, Absolut is produced in Åhus, L.O. Smith’s birth town. Also the place where the wheat used for making the vodka is grown. And since the way Absolut is made won’t change, neither will the true taste of vodka.

Keeping natural ingredients natural

The main ingredients in Absolut Vodka are water and winter wheat. The water comes from a deep well in Åhus where it’s protected from impurities. Winter wheat differs from other crops: it’s sown in fall, and harvested the next one. Days in between it grows under the Swedish snow developing its hard grain. Also, the use of fertilizers is minimized.

• What's the worst flavor of Absolut? 2 Answers
  • What is your favorite flavor of absolute.2 Answers
  • alguém ama Absolut com água de coco igual a mim ai ?1 Answers
Kodi S.
Fremont
Used once to make bloody Mary’s. It was perfect. I’d never had vodka before I had the bloody Mary’s but the taste was great. I took a couple vodka shots straight up, then I found what vodka does for those with mood swings. Trust me when I say, not recommended for people with high anger or mood swings. But other than that, make your other drink mixes with it and enjoy yourself
Aleisha M.
Spokane, WA
As far as Vodka as a type of liquor, in my experience as a bartender, it's the most ordered type of alcohol. When you think of Vodka, the characteristics should be clean, clear, smooth, maybe a slight bitter ending aftertaste with some brands. I noticed its very popular with the newbies, the early 20 ages. It has an affordable price point and made a name for itself with excellent marketing and visually appealing bottle. People that really appreciate Vodka and have more experience with a advanced pallet choose Vodkas in the higher price range.
I DO NOT recommend Absolut Vodka in any flavor. I feel its very pungent and has a strong alcohol taste that leaves an awful bitterness residing in my mouth. The only flavor of this brand that is at all tolerable is the Absolut Citron to add mixes with. It makes an alright, score of low 4 on a good day, Lemondrop.
Amber D.
Louisville , KY
I enjoyed absolut when I was in college and a few years following. I always thought it had a pretty smooth taste for my budget but I was always left with a hangover - that could’ve been from the amount! It’s much better than many well drinks but I wouldn’t consider it a premium vodka. It would probably be my second choice if a bar did not have my first choice and I didn’t want to pay for a top shelf liquor!
Heather B.
Chicopee , MA
This vodka is not as good as some other brands, especially if you were looking for a very smooth vodka that you can drink by itself or with light mixers and not take away from the overall taste of the drink. If you’re looking for something economical and not horrible in the taste department, then this is your product. This is my old stand-by for vodka. I refuse to drink anything less than this.
April P.
Elizabethtown, KY
I love this vodka from all other vodkas. It has a smooth flavor. I like to put it in the freezer to keep it extremely cold and the bottle has never leaked for me. It always has pretty cool designs on the bottle and I like that it changes and give you different scenery or goes with the holidays. I totally recommend this to all my friends. It mixes well with other liquors and flavors.
Arleigh M.
Woodinville
I have tried many vodkas in my day, and Absolute original is by far my favorite. This is such a smooth and bold vodka that I drink straight with out chasers or mixers the majority of the time. It’s affordable and you can find it in any liquor store and is also great for mixing. I highly recommend this vodka above all others. You know when you drink this that it is high quality.
Ashley R.
TACOMA, WA
I'm a vodka kind of gal and Absolut Vodka does not disappoint! I have been a fan of this product ever since I turned 21. It mixes well with anything and doesn't burn if you are just in the mood for shots with chaser. It's definitely a classy option that doesn't break the bank either. If I bring a bottle to a party it is often shared and gone by the end of the night!
Kristin C.
Franklin
This vodka is not my favorite as it tastes a bit more bitter and less smooth than competitors’ products. The taste melts away when mixed with soda or juice, unlike complete low tier vodka which has an awful taste even after mixing, so Absolut vodka should only be used in cocktails with strongly flavored mixers. I would not recommend it for shots or martinis.
Crystal D.
Long Beach
I love Absolut vodka mainly because of the fact that it has a very mild after taste. It is a decently priced vodka that can be mixed well due to the subtle flavor. The scent can be off putting. The packaging isn’t anything special but looks presentable. Would definitely recommend to someone who loves to drink now and then but hates the taste of vodka.
Esther C.
La Mirada
I used to drink vodka all the time right when I turned 21 because I didn’t know of any other alcohol. I enjoyed it at the time but as I started to discover other types and brands of alcohol, vodka was going farther down the list. Absolut is something that is easy to access and tastes fine in a mixed drink but I would not prefer it for shots.
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA
Do you think Absolut is a premium or well vodka?
Amber B.
Shelbyville, IN
What is your favorite flavor of Absolut?
Megan B.
I am a super picky drinker, what are some good/easy mixers?!
Mia H.
Birmingham, AL
What do you mix with this vodka?
alisha r.
LONGVIEW, WA
Is there any other vodka? Everyone knows absolute is the best.