Absolut Ruby Red uploaded by melinie m.Absolut Ruby Red uploaded by Leanne G.Absolut Ruby Red uploaded by Ashley W.

BY ABSOLUT

Absolut Ruby Red was introduced in 2006, following the success of the other citrus flavors, Absolut Citron and Absolut Mandrin. The name Absolut Ruby Red is taken from a special kind of red grapefruit. And grapefruit is of course what it tastes like!

What does Absolut Ruby Red taste like?

Absolut Ruby Red is made exclusively from natural ingredients, and unlike some other flavored vodkas, it doesn’t contain any added sugar. Absolut Ruby Red is smooth and fruity with a crisp and refreshing character of zesty grapefruit.

The Absolut way of making vodka

In 1879, Lars Olsson Smith introduced the continuous distillation with which he made Absolut Rent Brännvin. Instead of the usual three or four times, the vodka was distilled an infinite number of times. Absolut Ruby Red is made the same way, the only difference is the taste of grapefruit. And, like the rest of the family, it’s produced in Åhus, L.O. Smith’s birth town. Since the process will never change, neither will the true taste of Absolut Ruby Red.

Keeping natural ingredients natural

The main ingredients in Absolut Ruby Red are Absolut Vodka and grapefruit flavor. Absolut Vodka is made from water and winter wheat. The water comes from a deep well in Åhus where it’s protected from impurities. The winter wheat is also grown in Åhus and differs from other crops: it’s sown in fall, and harvested the next one. Days in between it grows under the Swedish snow developing its hard grain. Also, the use of fertilizers is minimized. Of course, the grapefruits are as natural as the rest of the ingredients.

Mavis K.
Louisville, KY
I used this Just last weekend to make Jell-O shots for a company function. The Jell-O shots were a hit and nobody got trash because it was just the right amount of alcohol.
Amela F.
Lansing, MI
I loved the flavor of this. It wasn’t hard to keep it down, and it didn’t have an overwhelming alcohol taste. I was able to ditch my chaser because I didn’t really need it.
Lori G.
I love to make the infamous Mexican drink called Paloma's with this vodka! So smooth!!! I mix in grapefruit juice w chili powder ok the time w a couple of squeezed limes!!
Samantha D.
Bedford, OH
Hands down my favorite flavor from Absolut! This is perfect for summer drinks and pairs well with orange juice or pineapple juice with a splash of grenadine! For sure worth a try.
Tara M.
Wow! Ruby red absolut is good stuff. You have to be careful, it'll sneak up on ya. Such a real grapefruit flavor I almost forgot I was drinking alcohol when lied with sprite.
Teena R.
San Anselmo
I love this! I use this all the time for my cocktails! Absolut Ruby Red, cranberry, sour, and peach snapps! Add ice and shake! I need to find more recipes! Very smooth vodka!
livvy.living f.
beachwood, OH
don’t really have much to say about this beyond my number of stars review. it’s not a product that i feel passionately about one way or another so i’m not sure what else i would have to say in a comment about this product.
Bri S.
Pittsburgh
This was a classic vodka with an awesome citrus twist. Great for mixing. I would definitely try this again and recommend to others. This was a more affordable option compared to some other vodka.
Stacey C.
I love absolut ruby red vodka!! It is priced decently. This is one of my go to flavors/brand of alcohol. I wouldn’t change a thing about this vodka. I feel like it is worth the price and I will definitely keep buying this.
Liz D.
Ronkonkoma, NY
Such a tasty vodka. Makes for really great grapefruit martini's. Absolut has so many options for flavors and they're never too sweet. For the price, its very worth it.
Diana L.
What do you mix this with? Does it actually taste like a grapefruit?!
Erin P.
Decatur, AL
What is best to mix with absolut Ruby red?
Sandra R.
What does it taste like? And is whats the best way to mix this?
patty b.