Absolut Ruby Red uploaded by melinie m.Absolut Ruby Red uploaded by Leanne G.Absolut Ruby Red uploaded by Ashley W.

BY ABSOLUT

Absolut Ruby Red was introduced in 2006, following the success of the other citrus flavors, Absolut Citron and Absolut Mandrin. The name Absolut Ruby Red is taken from a special kind of red grapefruit. And grapefruit is of course what it tastes like!

What does Absolut Ruby Red taste like?

Absolut Ruby Red is made exclusively from natural ingredients, and unlike some other flavored vodkas, it doesn’t contain any added sugar. Absolut Ruby Red is smooth and fruity with a crisp and refreshing character of zesty grapefruit.

The Absolut way of making vodka

In 1879, Lars Olsson Smith introduced the continuous distillation with which he made Absolut Rent Brännvin. Instead of the usual three or four times, the vodka was distilled an infinite number of times. Absolut Ruby Red is made the same way, the only difference is the taste of grapefruit. And, like the rest of the family, it’s produced in Åhus, L.O. Smith’s birth town. Since the process will never change, neither will the true taste of Absolut Ruby Red.

Keeping natural ingredients natural

The main ingredients in Absolut Ruby Red are Absolut Vodka and grapefruit flavor. Absolut Vodka is made from water and winter wheat. The water comes from a deep well in Åhus where it’s protected from impurities. The winter wheat is also grown in Åhus and differs from other crops: it’s sown in fall, and harvested the next one. Days in between it grows under the Swedish snow developing its hard grain. Also, the use of fertilizers is minimized. Of course, the grapefruits are as natural as the rest of the ingredients.

Michelle H.
Somerset, NJ
I love drinking an Absolut Cocktail in my own Interior Illusions Lounge at home. I also really love the packaging design of this - it's beautiful to display on a bar cart. It's fun to drink, I like the flavors, and it mixes great with fruit juices or sodas.
Kelsey H.
I love this Vodka. It is very easy to sip over ice and is amazing if mixed with a grapefruit beer. It is definitely worth the price which isnt too extreme. This is my go to flavor and I will continue to purchase this product time and time again! It is great.
Melissa R.
S Williamsprt, PA
One of my favorite flavors! I love that it's all natural flavors.  The grapefruit flavor is delicious. Even better there is no added sugar! This is one flavor I buy repeatedly. Also, the price is very affordable! I'll definitely buy this again!
Sarah T.
Spokane Vly, WA
This is my favorite breakfast vodka. I love a good Greyhound with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and this vodka over ice. Or a spiked Mimosa with a shot of this added to it. Its not overly sweet or sour and adds just the right amount of citrus to plain soda water.
Jessica G.
New Lenox
Very smooth, with a very nice hint of grapefruit juice. Compared to others it, it does have a smoother taste either than a burning. Very good flavor of grapefruit. Quite affordable whether on sale or not. I would absolutely purchase this product again.
Molly G.
Philadelphia, PA
Good for a flavored vodka. Absolut is a little pricey for what it is. I feel like you can get a comparable vodka for less money. You’re paying for the pretty bottle, that’s for sure! But it’s great to mix with seltzer to make a drink more interesting.
Jimilyn M.
Forest Lake, MN
Ruby red makes a really great drink. I mix it with sprite and I have a delicious and refreshing drink. Absolute is a great middle of the road vodka and a decent price. They have really nailed the flavors down which makes it one of my favorite brands.
Rachel H.
Fort Wayne, IN
I had this brand of vodka in a drink I ordered. While the drink was a bit pricey, It brought just the right fruity notes to the drink. Everything was combined very nicely and I definitely enjoyed it. I would purchase this brand for my home as well.
Melyssa K.
Surprise
Absolutely ruby red is my absolute favorite grapefruit vodka. It's not too sweet, not too tangy, just perfect. At it's budget friendly price, this is my go to, especially during the summer when I crave something relatively light and refreshing!
Kim B.
Detroit
I enjoyed it mixed in with punch but prefer other flavors more such as the mango. Overall though it does have a good flavor. The packaging is nice as well with vivid colors. I don’t think I would buy again though because I prefer others more.
Diana L.
What do you mix this with? Does it actually taste like a grapefruit?!
Erin P.
Decatur, AL
What is best to mix with absolut Ruby red?
Sandra R.
What does it taste like? And is whats the best way to mix this?
patty b.