Absolut Ruby Red uploaded by melinie m.Absolut Ruby Red uploaded by Leanne G.Absolut Ruby Red uploaded by Ashley W.

BY ABSOLUT

Absolut Ruby Red was introduced in 2006, following the success of the other citrus flavors, Absolut Citron and Absolut Mandrin. The name Absolut Ruby Red is taken from a special kind of red grapefruit. And grapefruit is of course what it tastes like!

What does Absolut Ruby Red taste like?

Absolut Ruby Red is made exclusively from natural ingredients, and unlike some other flavored vodkas, it doesn’t contain any added sugar. Absolut Ruby Red is smooth and fruity with a crisp and refreshing character of zesty grapefruit.

The Absolut way of making vodka

In 1879, Lars Olsson Smith introduced the continuous distillation with which he made Absolut Rent Brännvin. Instead of the usual three or four times, the vodka was distilled an infinite number of times. Absolut Ruby Red is made the same way, the only difference is the taste of grapefruit. And, like the rest of the family, it’s produced in Åhus, L.O. Smith’s birth town. Since the process will never change, neither will the true taste of Absolut Ruby Red.

Keeping natural ingredients natural

The main ingredients in Absolut Ruby Red are Absolut Vodka and grapefruit flavor. Absolut Vodka is made from water and winter wheat. The water comes from a deep well in Åhus where it’s protected from impurities. The winter wheat is also grown in Åhus and differs from other crops: it’s sown in fall, and harvested the next one. Days in between it grows under the Swedish snow developing its hard grain. Also, the use of fertilizers is minimized. Of course, the grapefruits are as natural as the rest of the ingredients.

Em🍕 R.
New York
THE BEST OF THE CHEAP VODKAS. THE BEST OF FLAVORED CHEAP VODKA. This one is the king of them all, I don't care what anyone else says about it, it's best of them all.
Misty L.
Not bad, not bad at all. I've tried this a few times. Never any complaints. I'd definitely recommend it. And I'll likely buy more for myself and friends and family. Great for sharing when you're hosting a party or adult friendly event. Give it a try if you haven't already.
Jessica T.
Swansea, MA
I can't exactly explain the taste, but this brand is great for mixing!! I usually just like the original flavor mixed with cranberry juice or pineapple juice but when it's chilled just right-the flavored kinds make great shots! It's affordable too considering the price-to-volume!
Taylor B.
I love the way Alsolut managed to get the tangy sweet taste of ruby red grapefruit into this vodka. It takes this middle ground vodka up a level by adding delicious flavor. While I have never bought this flavor, I have had it on many occasions and quite enjoy it with citrus-y drinks.
Brandi M.
Dallas, TX
Love how it's smooth and easy to drink don't have to worry about a bad after taste like other brands not too expensive I don't mind paying a little more I will always continue to buy this product. I will continue to purchase this brand because I know what I'm getting
Bianca R.
Redwood City, CA
Absolut is a good flavored vodka to try! It's a little bit more expensive than its counterparts like Svedka or Amsterdam so I don't usually reach for it first. However, it does go down very smoothly and does not taste like rubbing alcohol. I recommend it if its in your budget.
Nicole A.
Young Harris, GA
One of my go to vodkas at any special occasion. I picked it up at the local liquor store on the way to a dinner party for a friend's birthday and it was a big hit. It's very smooth and affordable I would definitely recommend it to others. I will be purchasing again
Anna M.
Corinth
This is a high quality vodka with a great flavor. Any time I need a fruity flavor for a mixed drink, I reach for this. There is only one other brand I have tried that compares to Absolut. It's flavor is strong but not overpowering. I will definitley be buying again!
Brittney N.
Lawton
The taste is very tart, as expected. Makes the taste of the vodka much more harsh and very strong in flavoring. It’s not a go-to choice due to the flavoring, it over powers whatever you’re mixing it with especially if you accidentally poor too much into your drink.
Bibi G.
San Francisco, CA
I want to like Absolut more because they're absolutely the best option in terms of flavored vodkas! I love the range of options available, and all their specialty releases are phenomenal. I will say that in terms of price point, I think they're a touch expensive.
Diana L.
What do you mix this with? Does it actually taste like a grapefruit?!
Erin P.
Decatur, AL
What is best to mix with absolut Ruby red?
Sandra R.
What does it taste like? And is whats the best way to mix this?
patty b.