Absolut Ruby Red uploaded by melinie m.Absolut Ruby Red uploaded by Leanne G.Absolut Ruby Red uploaded by Ashley W.

BY ABSOLUT

Absolut Ruby Red was introduced in 2006, following the success of the other citrus flavors, Absolut Citron and Absolut Mandrin. The name Absolut Ruby Red is taken from a special kind of red grapefruit. And grapefruit is of course what it tastes like!

What does Absolut Ruby Red taste like?

Absolut Ruby Red is made exclusively from natural ingredients, and unlike some other flavored vodkas, it doesn’t contain any added sugar. Absolut Ruby Red is smooth and fruity with a crisp and refreshing character of zesty grapefruit.

The Absolut way of making vodka

In 1879, Lars Olsson Smith introduced the continuous distillation with which he made Absolut Rent Brännvin. Instead of the usual three or four times, the vodka was distilled an infinite number of times. Absolut Ruby Red is made the same way, the only difference is the taste of grapefruit. And, like the rest of the family, it’s produced in Åhus, L.O. Smith’s birth town. Since the process will never change, neither will the true taste of Absolut Ruby Red.

Keeping natural ingredients natural

The main ingredients in Absolut Ruby Red are Absolut Vodka and grapefruit flavor. Absolut Vodka is made from water and winter wheat. The water comes from a deep well in Åhus where it’s protected from impurities. The winter wheat is also grown in Åhus and differs from other crops: it’s sown in fall, and harvested the next one. Days in between it grows under the Swedish snow developing its hard grain. Also, the use of fertilizers is minimized. Of course, the grapefruits are as natural as the rest of the ingredients.

Jennifer G.
Biloxi
Absolut has a heavier vodka tone than other brands but that is what makes it great for shots or mixed drinks. You can't go wrong with Absolut in you liquor cabinet!
Hannah H.
Wright City
I love how Absolut is a very recognizable brand, I’m always drawn to the loud designs on the bottles- and what they contain is AMAZING. I love mixing with Absolut!
angela o.
Flint, MI
This has a great flavor and wonderful for a crisp mixed drink. Great to make a flavored martini or mix with a lemon lime. Not the greatest if you want to do shots.
Jennifer J.
I am a huge fan of grapefruit. I liked this okay but honestly prefer plain vodka with grapefruit juice instead. I felt it was a little sweeter than I would have liked.
Jessica M.
Lincolnton
I do not usually drink liquor, but I occasionally enjoy a mixed drink - and my favorite is this mixed with Red Bull. It is flavorful and not overpowering (if you don’t like strong drinks). I highly recommend!
Amanda D.
Willoughby, OH
Nice flavor of vodka. I was skeptical at first, but it is pretty good. To me it tastes like grapefruit. Absolute has a good selection of flavors at reasonable prices. I would probably buy this flavor again.
Jen S.
This flavor was fairly tasty and was smooth as a shot, but it reminded me nothing of grapefruit and does not mix well. We tried both juice and soda, yet shots seemed to be the only good way to consume this
Alyssa C.
Columbia, SC
This has a very smooth taste with the great flavor of grapefruit. It’s good on its own, and it’s also good mixed with a lemon lime soda. This was my first time purchasing, but I would buy this product again.
Jenny M.
Hyattsville, MD
I think this brand of vodka is okay, it’s not my go to but i will drink it if it is available. I think that this flavor is probably my favorite. The flavors are often a hit or miss but this one is the most decent
Danielle P.
Phoenix, AZ
Very bold taste, definitely my favorite of all the flavors but I prefer the traditional flavor of absolute the best though.. with all of the flavors it doesn’t taste right. Too strong flavoring that is overpowered by even stronger vodka. Overall not my favorite vodka but it definitely gets the job done.
Diana L.
What do you mix this with? Does it actually taste like a grapefruit?!
Erin P.
Decatur, AL
What is best to mix with absolut Ruby red?
Sandra R.
What does it taste like? And is whats the best way to mix this?
patty b.