Absolut Peppar uploaded by Emily W.Absolut Peppar uploaded by Randi M.Absolut Peppar uploaded by Diana S.
  • Absolut Peppar Absolut® Vodka Sweden Peppar 1L Bottle

BY ABSOLUT

Absolut Peppar was launched in 1986, seven years after Absolut Vodka. Besides being the first flavored vodka in the family, it was also the first flavored vodka in the world. So why pepper? Since vodka and pepper is the main ingredients in a Bloody Mary, it seemed like a good idea to make things easier for the many Bloody Mary bars popping up in Boston, New York and elsewhere at the time. The idea soon turned out as intended, both for bartenders who could now make Instant Bloody Marys, and for all the fans of the drink.

What does the true taste of pepper taste like?

Absolut Peppar is made exclusively from natural ingredients, and unlike some other flavored vodkas, it doesn’t contain any added sugar. Absolut Peppar is hot and spicy and has a distinct character of green bell, chili and jalapeño pepper.

The Absolut way of making vodka

In 1879, Lars Olsson Smith introduced the continuous distillation with which he made Absolut Rent Brännvin. Instead of the usual three or four times, the vodka was distilled an infinite number of times. Absolut Peppar is made the same way, the only difference is the taste of pepper. And, like the rest of the family, it’s produced in Åhus, L.O. Smith’s birth town. Since the process will never change, neither will the true taste of Absolut Peppar.

Keeping natural ingredients natural

The main ingredients in Absolut Peppar are Absolut Vodka and pepper flavor. Absolut Vodka is made from water and winter wheat. The water comes from a deep well in Åhus, where it’s protected from impurities. The winter wheat is also grown in Åhus and differs from other crops: it’s sown one fall, and harvested the next one. Days in between it grows under the Swedish snow developing its hard grain. Also, the use of fertilizers is minimized while the pepper is as natural as the rest of the ingredients.

• Wanting to try this, is it worth trying?1 Answers
Absolut Peppar

Start your review of Absolut Peppar!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Alyssa M.
Atlanta , GA
Purchased at: Wholesale Party Supplies
Goes perfect in a Bloody Mary. It went great with the pepper and hot sauce to give it a little extra kick. Not sure how it would be in other drinks but overall I would recommend to others but it is a little bit on the pricey side.
Jaclyn T.
North Myrtle Beach
The first time I had this was in a Bloody Mary, which also happens to be my very first Bloody Mary. I thought it was pretty good but didn’t really know what to compare it against. Fast forward a little bit and after experiencing a few more along the way, I have come to realize that this black pepper vodka really makes a Bloody Mary fabulous! I definitely recommend to add this to your Home bar/liquor cabinet collection. Your guests will definitely appreciate it!
Crystal D.
jacksonville
This is an amazing addition to a Bloody Mary! I haven’t come across any other alternatives for this pepper flavored vodka. I like the colors they used on the label and how they keep the standard look of absolut. I would recommend this to anyone who loves bloody Mary’s and would like to try something with a little kick to it!
jordan Z.
Virginia Bch, VA
Absolut is and always will be my go to for flavored vodka. The pepar definitely lives up to its name; it is quite peppery! The flavor is a good quality and is definitely what you would expect. It tastes great in bloody mary’s or any other drink you want to add a kick to.
Whitlee A.
Tulsa
Nope! But in retrospect, drinking it by itself was a very poor choice. I think this would probably be great in a Bloody Mary or something similar, but the pepper kick is real! I should try it again as a mix in something and re-rate it. As a stand-alone? Nope!
Kristen C.
st petersburg
I really like absolute peppar, it goes great in a Bloody Mary! I like my bloodys to have a nice kick and absolute peppar is perfect for that. Plus it’s nice and smooth so you don’t get the bitterness that you might get with a lot of unflavored vodkas 🌶
Meridian N.
Peoria, IL
If you like Bloody Mary’s this is the vodka you need! It just ads the perfect amount of bite to a Bloody Mary. Ive never had it by itself or in other drinks but if I’m going to have a Bloody Mary I make sure this is the vodka that goes with it.
Sherridan S.
Sidney, NE
My favorite vodka to use in bloody Mary's! Unique flavor unlike anything else I've found. A more expensive vodka but still reasonable. My go to for any brunch get together. Will continue to purchase for years to come! Absolut Peppar
Haley W.
It’s a pretty niche flavor. It definitely has a peppery taste but it’s not overwhelming. It has a smooth finish. I used it pretty much exclusively in bloody marys. It adds just a little kick that you don’t get from regular vodka.
Sam S.
I love spicy and peppery flavored things so it was clear that this would be a hit for me. It’s perfect for adding a little extra kick to your Bloody Mary and is relatively affordable compared to other brands. I would recommend!
Christina k.