BY ABSOLUT

Introduced in 2007, Absolut Pears is quite a newcomer in the Absolut family. And as with all talented rookies, the audience soon took it to their hearts. Probably because it’s such a good alternative to other overly sugared alternatives around.

What does Absolut Pears taste like?

Absolut Pears is made exclusively from natural ingredients, and unlike some other flavored vodkas, it doesn’t contain any added sugar. Absolut Pears is fresh and delicate, with a smack of mellow pears and a long fruity aftertaste.

The Absolut way of making vodka

In 1879, Lars Olsson Smith introduced the continuous distillation with which he made Absolut Rent Brännvin. Instead of the usual three or four times, the vodka was distilled an infinite number of times. Absolut Pears is made the same way, the only difference is the taste of pear. And, like the rest of the family, it’s produced in Åhus, L.O. Smith’s birth town. Since the process will never change, neither will the true taste of Absolut Pears.

Keeping natural ingredients natural

The main ingredients in Absolut Pears are Absolut Vodka and pear flavor. Absolut Vodka is made from water and winter wheat. The water comes from a deep well in Åhus where it’s protected from impurities. The winter wheat is also grown in Åhus and differs from other crops: it’s sown one fall, and harvested the next one. Days in between it grows under the Swedish snow developing its hard grain. Also, the use of fertilizers is minimized. Of course, the pears are as natural as the rest of the ingredientsAbsolut Pears is made exclusively from natural ingredients and unlike other vodkas, it doesn’t contain any added sugar. It is fresh and delicate, with a smack of mellow pears and a long fruity aftertaste.

• Does this need a mixer or does it taste okay alone?5 Answers
  • How is the taste of pears in this? Strong? Weak? I love ...1 Answers
  • What have you mixed it with?8 Answers
Brittany R.
This pear flavored vodka is yummy, drink it on the rocks or make it into your favorite cocktail.

1 ½ oz. St. Germain Elderflower liqueur

1 ½ oz. Pear Vodka

Chilled Champagne

Granulated sugar for the rim

1 lemon, wedged

1 pear, sliced

Instructions

Prepare your garnishes by slicing a lemon into wedges and the pear into rounds. To prevent pear from discoloring, squeeze a lemon over cut slices.

To prepare martini glasses, run a lemon wedge around the rim and dip into sugar. (optional)

In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine St. Germain and Pear Vodka. Shake vigorously until well chilled.

Strain into prepared martini glass and top with champagne.
Mycaella B.
Tampa, FL
It is tasty, full bodied and complex, but maintaining the softness and lightness of the marked presence of the grains, with nuances of fruit. I loved, i just think that the price would be a little more cheaper than it is. I know that’s a product with a good quality but the price it’s a bit expensive. I paid $30 in Walmart
Amber R.
Pawtucket
The pear flavor is a nice touch. The pear flavor gives the vodka a smoothing effect I was not expecting. The packaging this sleek and colorful. Great for the wandering eye at the liquor store. I would definitely purchase again
Rachel L.
Clover
Absolut Pears Is a good flavored vodka to add to your liquor cabinet.  It is sweet enough straight up but it is even better with a mixer.  It could go with almost anything:  Cranberry Juice, Sprite, Banana Orange Juice, etc.  It's a great go-to vodka that won't break the bank.
Adrienne C.
Streamwood, IL
I love the flavor of this vodka especiallt when i mix it with different juices. I use this flavor all the time to make drinks for friends and they always ask me what i use. It is delicious and a pretty good price
Jayde D.
Maryville, TN
One of my favorite vodkas! You can almost taste pears just from the scent. It is excellent for mixing with soda water for a low calorie cocktail, or using in a fancier cocktail for a fruity kick. It is especially astounding to find such a beautifully flavored vodka among such an affordable brand.
jordan Z.
Virginia Bch, VA
Absolut flavored vodkas always seem to deliver! They are my go to when I want to make any type of cocktails with a flavored vodka. They have a delicious but not overpowering fruit flavor, without that gross artificial taste you can get with other flavored spirits. I highly recommend them!
Linda C.
Lewiston
I first tried Absolt Sweden Pears vodka at a local pub. I asked for a fruity drink and the bartender made me one of her specialties, She called it Mamma's Passion Juice. It was delicious! I wish I could remember all of the ingredients, but the pear vodka was the alcohol used. It also contained pink lemonade, some kind of lemon (healthy she said if there is such a thing) energy shot, a splash of cranberry (for color only). Love, love, loved it, and now I keep a bottle of pear vodka at home for those summery drinks that I want to make! It breathes of summertime!
Abbey🌴🍍 G.
Charlotte
While I very much enjoyed the flavor of the pear, it is not my favorite flavor choice. I am sure if this flavor is your favorite taste it would be a favorite for you. It is a good value for the price and I would buy it again. The drink mixed well and was easy to drink.
Lisa H.
Chesapeake
It was a little too sweet and it had an after taste that I didn’t care for. It’s good as a mixer for other drinks but not straight . The price is on point with other vodkas in the same grouping. It’s comparable to its competitors. No I would not purchase it again.
Brooke H.
What have you mixed it with?
Kortnee M.
Grand Rapids, MI
Does this need a mixer or does it taste okay alone?
Elisabeth C.
How is the taste of pears in this? Strong? Weak? I love the original and the rasparry flavored ones
Alicia T.
Dexter, NY
What's everyone's favorite Absolute Vodka flavor?
Darienne T.