BY ABSOLUT

Absolut Citron was good news for “vodka on the rocks with a twist of lemon” fans back in the 80’s (and there were lots of them). More specifically Absolut Citron was launched in 1988, nine years after Absolut Original and two years after the first flavored family member Absolut Peppar. The success was major among the twist-of-lemon-people, but it also became the main ingredient in the blockbuster drink “Cosmopolitan”.

What does true taste of lemon taste like?

Absolut Citron is made exclusively from natural ingredients, and unlike some other flavored vodkas, it doesn’t contain any added sugar. To put it short and simple: Absolut Citron is smooth and mellow, with a fresh fruity lemon and lime character and a note of lemon peel.

The Absolut way of making vodka

In 1879, Lars Olsson Smith introduced the continuous distillation with which he made Absolut Rent Bränvin. Instead of the usual three or four times, the vodka was distilled an infinite number of times. Absolut Citron is made the same way, the only difference is the taste of lemon. And, like the rest of the family, it’s produced in Åhus, L.O. Smith’s birth town. Since the process will never change, neither will the true taste of Absolut Citron.

Keeping natural ingredients natural

The main ingredients in Absolut Citron are Absolut Vodka and citrus flavor. Absolut Vodka is made from water and winter wheat. The water comes from a deep well in Åhus where it’s protected from impurities. The winter wheat is also grown in Åhus and differs from other crops: it’s sown one fall, and harvested the next one. Days in between it grows under the Swedish snow developing its hard grain. Also, the use of fertilizers is minimized. Though lemon is the main flavor, lime is also added to give Absolut Citron its perfect character.

• Is this good? Can you actually taste the lemon?6 Answers
  • Does this taste like lemon or lime?3 Answers
  • How does this taste? What's the best mix? 2 Answers
Absolut Citron
  • "This is a good vodka to mix with but never to drink straight or on the rocks." in 1 review
  • "This stuff is really good with a twist of lemon or even grapefruit in a chilled shot glass!" in 1 review
Megan U.
Bartlett, IL
My favorite (affordable) vodka, hands down. It’s a lot smoother than the original, without that harsh taste in the back of your mouth. It’s also a fantastic mixer. I love to put it in orange juice (a drink officially known as a “Screwdriver”), Sprite, or even Gatorade, if I’m grasping at straws. =) They often have rebates on it during the summer, too, so look out for those!!!
Olivia R.
Narragansett
Personally, I am not a fan of this brand or any of their flavors. I think it is overpriced and there are other vodkas on both ends of the price spectrum that are more enjoyable than anything from Absolut. I would definitely never choose to reach for this brand on a night out or a casual night in.
Sammie J.
Narragansett
I enjoy this vodka when making mixed drinks or enjoying a vodka and soda. It’s affordable and has a good strong citrus flavor to it. I frequently use it while bartending and it’s a nice bottle to have displayed on the back bar. I buy it less often than Tito’s but it is still one of my top vodkas.
Raffinee S.
This is a very smooth and tasty mixture. It doesn't have the burn feeling like some of the other vodkas. For the price, I would recommend it alone. It's in a nice shaped bottle depending on what you pay for and the bottle us simple looking and stands out for its classy yet simple stamp.
Abby Z.
Madisonville, KY
I remember the first time I tried Absolut like it was yesterday. The smooth taste made the perfect shot and the perfect lemon drop martini. My friends made fun of me because I was just out of college and broke but buying premium liquor. But once they tried it, they were hooked too.
Lisa P.
The perfect vodka with just a hint of citron.  If you add some soda, it's the perfect, cool, refreshing drink for summer.  Also, if you're looking for a drink that will make you "bathing suit ready", vodka is the best (alcoholic) drink for the calories.
Kate 🇱.
This is my go to all the time and has been for years. The smoothest vodka I have ever purchased and just enough of a citrus pop. Great by itself or in mixed drinks. Also, with or without ice. My favorite overall. All my friends have learned that this is one of the best
Megan L.
Very much liked making drinks with this vodka. I think it is reasonably priced, good amount of liquid for what you pay. I liked this flavor a lot mixed with Malibu Rum, mango juice, and fruit punch in the summer time! If you like sweeter mixed drinks this is for you!
Karolyn P.
Stockton, Ca
This flavor is best in jello shots,  but I've also enjoyed it with Sprite. I don't personally like it by itself, best mixed with something. This flavor doesn't have as smooth of a taste compared to vanilla. I would prefer a different flavor if I had the choice.
Jenay W.
Burton, mi
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Great taste...love anything absolute. It's always been my favorite affordable vodka. Anything else has a nasty taste and creates a nasty hangover in the morning. It also has a cool bottle. You know the brand by the shape. I definitely will buy this again.
Daniella H.
Scarsdale, NY
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Is this good? Can you actually taste the lemon?
En B.
Looking for the best citrus vodka! Is this it? Tell me about your experience and how you serve this!
Christina k.
Las Vegas, NV
1,730 reviews
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Does this taste like lemon or lime?
Andrea G.
I haven't really experienced any kind of hangovers with you but vodka in general usually will not cause as bad of hangovers.
Darienne T.