BY ABSOLUT

Absolut Citron was good news for “vodka on the rocks with a twist of lemon” fans back in the 80’s (and there were lots of them). More specifically Absolut Citron was launched in 1988, nine years after Absolut Original and two years after the first flavored family member Absolut Peppar. The success was major among the twist-of-lemon-people, but it also became the main ingredient in the blockbuster drink “Cosmopolitan”.

What does true taste of lemon taste like?

Absolut Citron is made exclusively from natural ingredients, and unlike some other flavored vodkas, it doesn’t contain any added sugar. To put it short and simple: Absolut Citron is smooth and mellow, with a fresh fruity lemon and lime character and a note of lemon peel.

The Absolut way of making vodka

In 1879, Lars Olsson Smith introduced the continuous distillation with which he made Absolut Rent Bränvin. Instead of the usual three or four times, the vodka was distilled an infinite number of times. Absolut Citron is made the same way, the only difference is the taste of lemon. And, like the rest of the family, it’s produced in Åhus, L.O. Smith’s birth town. Since the process will never change, neither will the true taste of Absolut Citron.

Keeping natural ingredients natural

The main ingredients in Absolut Citron are Absolut Vodka and citrus flavor. Absolut Vodka is made from water and winter wheat. The water comes from a deep well in Åhus where it’s protected from impurities. The winter wheat is also grown in Åhus and differs from other crops: it’s sown one fall, and harvested the next one. Days in between it grows under the Swedish snow developing its hard grain. Also, the use of fertilizers is minimized. Though lemon is the main flavor, lime is also added to give Absolut Citron its perfect character.

• Is this good? Can you actually taste the lemon?6 Answers
  • Does this taste like lemon or lime?3 Answers
  • How does this taste? What's the best mix? 2 Answers
Absolut Citron
  • "This is a good vodka to mix with but never to drink straight or on the rocks." in 1 review
  • "This stuff is really good with a twist of lemon or even grapefruit in a chilled shot glass!" in 1 review
Megan U.
Bartlett, IL
My favorite (affordable) vodka, hands down. It’s a lot smoother than the original, without that harsh taste in the back of your mouth. It’s also a fantastic mixer. I love to put it in orange juice (a drink officially known as a “Screwdriver”), Sprite, or even Gatorade, if I’m grasping at straws. =) They often have rebates on it during the summer, too, so look out for those!!!
Loren A.
lake forest
Purchased at: Stop & Shop
Good quality for someone ballin’ on a budget. We regularly serve this vodka at the high quality restaurant I work at, and it makes a very high quality drink. Not overwhelmingly citric, but enough to know it’s there. We used it to mix with a tea infused vodka and the lemon was still very much present through the strong tea flavor.
Raffinee S.
This is a very smooth and tasty mixture. It doesn't have the burn feeling like some of the other vodkas. For the price, I would recommend it alone. It's in a nice shaped bottle depending on what you pay for and the bottle us simple looking and stands out for its classy yet simple stamp.
Delainie H.
Huffman
Perfect for summertime drinks.    Use in lemonade, Sprite or Gingerale.  Has a good flavor without an after taste.  I purchased because of the Absolute name.  Price is fair.  Cannot think of any needed improvements.  I would recommend to my friends.
Abby Z.
Madisonville, KY
I remember the first time I tried Absolut like it was yesterday. The smooth taste made the perfect shot and the perfect lemon drop martini. My friends made fun of me because I was just out of college and broke but buying premium liquor. But once they tried it, they were hooked too.
Karolyn P.
Stockton, Ca
This flavor is best in jello shots,  but I've also enjoyed it with Sprite. I don't personally like it by itself, best mixed with something. This flavor doesn't have as smooth of a taste compared to vanilla. I would prefer a different flavor if I had the choice.
sop k.
This absolut Citron tasted really good. I usually don't like Citron flavored alcohol but this was an exception. I didn't get much of a hangover after drinking this alcohol. I would recommend this brand to a friend because it wasn't too strong and tasted sweet!
Kayla S.
I like to drink anything with citrus, simply because I'm more in the mood for those drinks rather than sweet. The flavor was good, I didn't purchase this, it was provided as part of my class. It was really good when mixing drinks, I would probably buy.
Tori V.
Charlotte
All. Time. Favorite. Excellent taste, very smooth, mixes well with anything and everything, and is a must have in my liquor cabinet. I love the bottle, and the price tag is excellent for what you get! Cannot recommend this Absolut Citron enough!
Jeannette B.
Warren
I love absolute Citron! The crisp lemon taste masks the vodka taste well, and it truly adds a special kick to whatever drink you’re mixing it in. The packaging is very sleek and modern, not to mention bright. I would definitely recommend this vodka!
Daniella H.
Scarsdale, NY
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Is this good? Can you actually taste the lemon?
En B.
Looking for the best citrus vodka! Is this it? Tell me about your experience and how you serve this!
Christina k.
Las Vegas, NV
1,730 reviews
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Does this taste like lemon or lime?
Andrea G.
I haven't really experienced any kind of hangovers with you but vodka in general usually will not cause as bad of hangovers.
Darienne T.