A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet Series #1) uploaded by Desiree G.A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet Series #1) uploaded by Kayla R.

BY MADELEINE L'ENGLE

Madeleine L'Engle's ground-breaking science fiction and fantasy classic, soon to be a major motion picture.

It was a dark and stormy night; Meg Murry, her small brother Charles Wallace, and her mother had come down to the kitchen for a midnight snack when they were upset by the arrival of a most disturbing stranger.

"Wild nights are my glory," the unearthly stranger told them. "I just got caught in a downdraft and blown off course. Let me sit down for a moment, and then I'll be on my way. Speaking of ways, by the way, there is such a thing as a tesseract."

A tesseract (in case the reader doesn't know) is a wrinkle in time. To tell more would rob the reader of the enjoyment of Miss L'Engle's unusual book. A Wrinkle in Time, winner of the Newbery Medal in 1963, is the story of the adventures in space and time of Meg, Charles Wallace, and Calvin O'Keefe (athlete, student, and one of the most popular boys in high school). They are in search of Meg's father, a scientist who disappeared while engaged in secret work for the government on the tesseract problem.

A Wrinkle in Time is the winner of the 1963 Newbery Medal. It is the first book in The Time Quintet, which consists of A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Many Waters, and An Acceptable Time.

A Wrinkle in Time is soon to be a movie from Disney, directed by Ava DuVernay, starring Storm Reid, Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon and Mindy Kaling.

A Wrinkle in Time Quintet:
An Acceptable Time

Desiree G.
Alachua, FL
Bookworm Expert Level 1
A Newberry award winning classic! This book is a suitable for all ages! A must read for all sci fi fans! My children love this book and are excited to see the film adaptation!
Kayla R.
Las vegas, NV
This story is both captivating and heartwarming as you travel thru time and unknown universes with the main characters. It reminds you how family is the best friends you will ever need and to never count the little guy out. I love this story so much and I can not wait to see the live action picture, I just hope the movie does the story justice
Bookworm Expert Level 3
This book is my favorite in the series. It is such an beautifully written story. My son loved this book when we read it recently, the story is timeless and I highly recommend it for 4th and 5th graders.
Sinjin P.
This is definitely one of my favorite books. It's pretty inclusive of who can read it, as older people and younger people both like the look.

I will probably keep on reading the book over and over.
Kate J.
W Barnstable, MA
Bookworm Expert Level 3
Madeleine L'Engle is one of my all time favorite authors. Both her characters and storylines are thoughtful, well written and intriguing. She writes books that I can read again and again. These particular novels are some of my absolute favorites and I have enjoyed them both as a written books and as an audios.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I can still remember when I first stated reading this book. It's sci-fi but also has a Christian perspective. It's truly a masterpiece in the tale as it progresses. The first book is ok for younger kids but the later books I don't think are quite as appropriate.
Angela S.
Great story for any age! I like the spunky and unique characters, and love how L'engle captures imaginations and catapults readers into different worlds.
Jocelyn D.
Centralia, WA
great book. what a read. gift from one of my old schools library. absolutely enjoyed it
Sandy D.
Such a sweet story

Reading this with my daughters and they are loving it!!
Stacy A.
How old were you when you first read this book?
Stacy A.
Have you read any of the other books in the series?
Stacy A.
Who is your favorite character?
Sandy D.
Anyone listened to this on Audio book format??!! A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet Series #1)