A Walk to Remember uploaded by Cate L.

BY NICHOLAS SPARKS #9 in Movies

Love brings together what peer pressure and lifestyles seek to keep apart in this coming-of-age story based on the bestselling book. Teen idol Shane West and multiplatinum recording star Mandy Moore star as two high schoolers -- she a straitlaced preacher's daughter and he an unmotivated delinquent. When events thrust him into her world, he begins an unexpected journey he'll never forget.

• Does anyone not cry while watching this? 29 Answers
  • Does anyone else think the movie is better than the book?5 Answers
  • Who would you say is your favourite character in this mov...1 Answers
A Walk to Remember
  • "This is my favorite book that was made into a film.I cry every time I watch it,and it was mandy moores best role she had in my opinon:) such a sweet story and will be a favorite for years to come." in 43 reviews
  • "Im not really into older movies but I honestly fell in love with this movie, I cry every time its such an amazing and inspiring movie." in 36 reviews
  • "This movie is one of my favorites a tear jerker for sure but definitely recommend it to everyone!" in 30 reviews
  • "My all time favorite movie, I feel in love with it the moment I watched it... the book was fantastic but I loved the movie... true love conquers all..." in 29 reviews
  • "This is a true love story and make me cry every time I watch this movie it showed what true love can do to some people " in 23 reviews
Danna M.
Haverhill, MA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is a really cute movie. I enjoy watching movies with Many Moore in it. She is a very talented actress. It’s one of those Chick Flicks you always want to have as an option because it’s super romantic and cute. Love this one!
Samantha C.
Dover, DE
This is one of my favorite movies in the romance genre.  I watch this movie over and over again.  It is raw, emotional, and addicting.  The message is classic and this is definitely true love.  Not like the Disney movie true love, but real true love.  With the popular kid stigma and falling in love stigma.  It is truly a movie that I believe should be watched by everyone.  It is great for young adults and adults, because I don't think children would understand it.
Marquita S.
Richmond
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love this movie because it was the classic good girl  with bad boy movie. Mandy Moore's character was so sweet and angelic and Shane West was the mischevious popular kid. It was so sweet to see their love story evolve. When she became sick I felt so sad because he loved her so much. This is a great movie.
Lauren N.
Nicholas sparks sure does know how to make people tear up . And also how to write wonderful books. This movie was so good and heart warming. This is one of the best romance films of all time. The story about high school love ,with a sad twist. It’s amazing . Shane west played a wonderful character as well as Mandy Moore. They made me feel as if they were truly in love which many movies can’t make me feel that way. When I imagine what true love is,I always think back to this movie. Truly beautiful . Grab a tissue though because you will tear. I want to watch this now damn
Miranda W.
Branson, MO
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie has been my all time favorite movie for 10+ years. It is such a heart tugging movie that features a love that any woman would ever wish for. It makes you so happy but so sad. Alot of emotions with this one but it's always been so great.
A B.
Los Angeles
One of my all time faves that was totally unrated for. I’ve watched it about 6 times and would watch it again. It’s a very beautiful romantic movie. Ofcourse there is sad parts that’ll make you cry while watching it but overall a great story.
Sarah B.
Greenville, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie is excellent. It has been a while since it came out, but the values, characters and storyline presented are timeless. It really makes you think about what's important in life and not to take things for granted because by the time you realize how special those things are, you may be about to lose them. This movie never gets old, and is just so sweet, wholesome and touching. I would recommend it to anyone, even teenage boys if you can convince them to give it a shot!
Randi G.
Banner Elk
I love this book. I ended up reading it 10 years ago on bed rest while pregnant and even named my son Landyn, after Landon in the book. This book is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat and be sure to have plenty of tissues while reading this classic love story of two people belonging together, but for such a short time.
dottie H.
Am I the only one disappointed in this movie?? The name of it and the book is simply because she had to STAND UP FROM HER WHEELCHAIR and WALK down the isle!!! The movie cuts that part out and she doesn’t have a last spontaneous walk to remember. I seriously am annoyed and that petty over that one detail.
Olivia W.
Claremont, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is such a heartfelt movie. Definitely will make you cry, because it’s so sweet. The acting in it is great and the story is amazing. All ages will love it! The soundtrack is great too; early switchfoot!
Sonia M.
I've heard the movie is great... is it?
NANCY L.
Whittier, CA
How many times have you guys watched this? Me...at least 10!
Adeline P.
Tavares, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Does anyone not cry while watching this?
Shamera M.
Whats your favorite part of the movie?
Erynn E.
Indianapolis, IN
Who's your favorite character?