A Walk in the Woods

by Bill Bryson

Can anyone suggest another book for if you liked this one? I would love to find a book even half as funny as this one!
Were you surprised that some parts were funny? I was.
Where do you think Bill should write about next?
Start your review of A Walk in the Woods!
How would you rate this product?
Brooklyn, NY
This book explained Bryson's walk on the Appalachian Trail in which he depicted a natural epiphany that occurred on the basis o him becoming in touch with his natural environment away from technology and human influence.
Fort Scott, KS
This book made me laugh a lot. I listened to the audio book while driving to Colorado to go camping so it was even better! It's all about Bill's adventures while hiking and camping and it is very amusing. I highly recommend the audio book, because the author is the one reading it and makes it even better!
Lakeland , FL
One of my favorite books---this is where my love and obsession with the Appalachian Trail started. A good combination of hiking information, humor and stories. Would recommend this book to anyone and everyone!
Athens, TN
I picked this book up at a yard sale and thought it looked pretty good, and it was! This book had me laughing until the end! It also really made me want to attempt to hike the AT sometime in my life!
Seffner, FL
I am a fan of Bill Bryson. This book in particular is fun for me because I am a lover of nature, hiking, and history. All of these things are written here in a funny by intelligent tone. Loved it.
San Diego, CA
Is there a grade higher than "A?" I LOVE Bill Bryson and all of his book. A Walk in the Woods is entertaining and you learn something along the way too. His description of his experiences are so funny. My other favorite of his? I'm a Stranger Here Myself. Hysterical!
Morrisville, NC
This book has been one that I have read at least 4 times. Each time I fall in love with his candor and the usage of his imagery when describing some of the most outlandish situations.
Hatfield, PA
I loved this book so much that I shared it with multiple people. As of right now, I still don't have my copy back. Reading about the "Don'ts" was enjoyable and also informative. As a hiker I found the details about the trail interesting.
Mt Pleasant, SC
This was the first Bryson book I read, and I loved it. Unlike most other trail stories, he gives you the background, history, and some quirky stories of places along the trail. Plus, his own experience on the trail is hilarious.
Derby, CT
This is a really great book full of funny moments while hiking the Appalachian Trail. Bryson is great at describing moments we can all relate to in a comedic way.