A Thousand Splendid Suns uploaded by Serena M.A Thousand Splendid Suns uploaded by Sylviah S.

BY NONE

Ashley N.
I had to read this book the summer going into my Senior year of high school and it’s been my favorite book since. I would stay up to 4:00am reading this book, completely covered in tears. It is beyond amazing and definitely heartwarming towards the ending. It truly is a fantastic book, in which everyone needs to read!
Serena M.
7403 Oneida road, Wonder Lake IL.
This story takes place in and around the events of Afghanistan last 30 years, from the reign of the Taliban to post Taliban and rebuilding afterwards. The struggle to survive and raise a family. There is a lot to learn in this book about the last three decades of Afghan history, it was moving and at times heart wrenching telling the story of family and friendship.
Fiz
SUCH AN AMAZING READ. all of his books are an emotional rollercoaster and make me cry so much. But still definitely would recommend it to anyone. Vocabulary is easy to follow as well. Couldn’t put it down!
Tamanna V.
Phoenix, AZ
THIS IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOK!!! The way the book is written and shed light on the complexities of life and how lives can be intertwined even when it seems unlikely to is amazing. After this book Khaled Hosseini has become my all time favorite author and without giving too much away is a book for every woman to read.
Veronica R.
Phoenix, AZ
This is by far one of my favorite books I've ever read. It's so enticing, I couldn't ever put it down at the end of my day. I love the beginning because it really captures your attention. I never felt bored in any part of it!
Sophie S.
I fell in LOVE with this book. I read it over the summer and took it to the beach with me, the pages still smell like the ocean. It is really easy to get lost in this book due to how well the author describes the characters and their surroundings. This book is a great read and I deffinitly suggest reading it.
Sylviah S.
This book will leave you in awe! It embarks the journey of two woman whose paths cross.
The storyline goes back & forth between Mariam (who's unwanted & discarded, then is forced to marry a much older man) and Laila (who is much younger than Mariam-fate would have them marry the same man).
It really puts in perspective what woman in Afghanistan deal with but you also have this sense of understanding that we [woman] are still treated this way. In regards to the sacrifices woman take, what we deal with by men, even our own family members and so much more. It's a powerful read. I highly recommend it!

One of my favorite quotes from the book:
"As a reminder of how woman like us suffer.. How quietly we endure all that falls upon us."
Priya B.
Splendid read! It's am intense story of courage and perseverance. Loved the endurance of the main lady in the story and how the two women went dislike to sympathy for each other.
Amal T.
Sylvania, OH
I love this book. The author is great and his writing is amazing. The storyline is well written, but very sad. The characters are all different and interesting. I would definitely recommend this book.
Amy R.
ALPHARETTA, GA
I enjoyed A Thousand Splendid Suns. Khaled Hosseini is a beautiful writer. He paints a picture with his words that makes you feel as if you are there, in the story, right beside the characters. Although I hate to compare this to The Kite Runner, I feel compelled to. I really loved The Kite Runner and felt it was filled with emotion. I did not find as much of that passion in A Thousand Splendid Suns. There was emotion but not on the same scale. Had I read this book first I would probably feel differently though. If nothing else, this book puts some of your day to day complaints in perspective. There is always someone out there with a bigger struggle than yours and I would not want to live the lives that these woman have lived.
Priya B.
Amy other suggestions for books similar to this one?
Victoria F.