BY NONE

Buy on Amazon
Amy R.
Alpharetta, GA
Where do I even start with this one????? John Irving is such an amazing writer. That's where I will start. His writing is beautiful and unique and he just has a mastery that is enviable! That being said, this was an amazing story but there was just soooooo much story that it became more like work to read it some times.
The character Owen Meany was unique and deep and well constructed! I think that the parts of the book dealing with religion and politics were the parts that I struggled through. Not because I agreed or disagreed with the character's views but because they were just too much, too long, too.... just too! It wasn't that they didn't belong in the book, it was that they just dragged a little.
Don't get me wrong, it is a great story. I would have just trimmed it up a be and left out some of the seemingly endless detail! I am glad I read it. I guess you would call it a modern day classic.
Holly L.
Huntington, WV
One of my favorite books. Great coming of age story and about friendship. I would recommend this book to high school age and up (there are some mild sexual references but nothing graphic).