BY PATRICK NESS

A Monster Calls
  • "This book is not only well written, but filled with a plethora of drawings throughout the book that add a deeper sense of where the story is headed." in 5 reviews
Paige M.
Otisco, IN
I enjoyed this book. It wasn't your average run of the mill read. It was riddled with captivating illustrations that interested me as an artist and a reader. The story itself was pretty cool as well.
Tammy D.
Waldorf, MD
If you are looking for a book that grabs your heart, body, mind, and soul you have found it! As soon as I started reading this book I cancelled all of my plans and had to read it in one sitting! I loved it!
Laura P.
This book did not hold my interest at all. I couldn't make it through 12 pages much less the entire book. perhaps i prefer books that lure you in early on... my 3 year old loved the illustrations though
Hannah K.
Worcester, MA
A really amazing examination of grief. It took a pretty popular plot point and made it very interesting with the inclusion of mythology. It was really heartbreaking and really unexpected.
Ivori M.
Hewitt, TX
I do not care for illustrations in any books that my son, or I read; that's what imagination is for. Overall, I did not enjoy the story and my 11 year old son said it was lame.
Ann W.
Bridgeville, PA
This was a powerful read! You cannot help but be pulled completely into this book! You will struggle and fonder right along with the Conner. This is a must read in my opinion!
Ashley W.
This is not your typically book. I really liked the illustrations and how well written it was. While the book is a bit twisted, it is very moving. A must read for everyone.
Nicole P.
Columbia, TN
I really enjoyed this book. It was far from boring. I could have done without the pics I have an excellent imagination but other than that the story line was excellent!
Addison E.
Oklahoma City, OK
This book is extremely dark, but in a way that students would love. It carries heavy issues that younger readers may not understand, but high level readers will like.
Sandra R.
Baldwin Park, CA
This book at first glance seems like a scary story and that's why I picked it up!! But I was surprised by the deeper meaning of the story!!! It is a really good book.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Which do you prefer? Hard copy or paperback?
Lexy K.
Middle Vlg, NY
Based on the cover, is this a horror story book ?
Nicole D.
What made you read it??
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Good book?
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What age range would you suggest for this book?