BY NONE

Buy on Walmart*
Lakeshow A.
San diego, Ca
This is my absolute favorite book by my absolute favorite author. I was introduced to V.E. Schwab via the Mocha Girls Read book club, and I now follow her works religiously. This book is full of adventure and the story just flows so smoothly. It's fun, it's creative, it's different from anything else I've ever read - and that is refreshing for an avid reader like me.
Harley S.
This is a very quick read. It's a pulpy book, meant to be quick and easily digested. It's not a very detailed plot line but the concept is very cool. I wish the author had chosen to write a fuller novel and delve into the concept more but it's still an interesting and entertaining read.
Liv W.
Zanesville , OH
Another new favorite of mine. Kel is an interesting character that you can't help but want to know more about. And don't even get me started on the world made up of Londons.
Rhoda K.
I first reviewed this on my blog.

Kell is Antari, one of only two left in the worlds. He can use blood magic to open doors between alternate Londons – Red London, White London and Grey London. He has been raised as a son of the Red London royal family, brother to Rhy, the heir to the throne of Red London. Kell uses his magic to travel between Londons, delivering letters between the monarchs of these alternate cities. However Kell also smuggles items between the cities, something that is not only dangerous but treasonous.

At one time there was free movement between the Londons. There was a Black London. But when the magic in Black London posed a threat to those in the alternates the doors between the worlds were sealed and any remnant of Black London destroyed. Now only Antari can traverse the worlds, Kell and the only other Antari, Holland who answers to the cruel monarchs of White London.

In magic-less Grey London, there’s a thief, a cross-dressing thief who is desperate for an adventure. Lila sees herself as a Pirate without a ship. She just needs to find a ship so she can leave London and embark upon her long-held dream.

When Lila picks the pockets of a stranger she has no idea that this particular crime will lead her on an adventure that will surpass her wildest dreams. She and Kell quickly become partners on a mission to save all of the worlds.

Upon finishing this book I marked it 5 stars on Goodreads and pondered upon how to review it. In the end I opted for one word – “BRILLIANT“. I stand by that one word review, I don’t think I can find any other words to do it justice!

V.E. Schwab has created a truly brilliant world (or worlds I guess). Her writing is stunning. Her world building is awesome. The first few chapters are very much scene setting, but I could have read a whole book just like that!

Schwab created well-rounded characters that I really cared about; not just Kell and Lila but Rhy too. The dynamic between Kell and Lila, and the building of their relationship is really interesting to watch. The relationship between Kell and Rhy is clearly a special one, which only enhances how much I care about these two characters.

I loved the ideas in this book. Loved the way Schwab conveyed them. I loved the action, the magic, the danger and the coat with multiple sides. I loved, loved, loved it all!!
Belur_meduza B.
Well. I didn't dislike the book, but I wasn't wowed like most people. It was good enough for me to continue the rest f the series. Lila is cool. Kell is boring... Nit much i can say

Totally overated
Sarah G.
Helena, AL
What would you rate this book? It's on my list of books to read.